Diary of a Fatty

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fattymessi 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, I will be using this as a log of my progress. I was quite successful a few years ago with fasting and exercise to get to my goal and maintaining.

The last 18 months have been very stressful due to my job, death in the family and general life stuff, so have struggled to maintain either my weight or my fitness. I did manage to improve my fitness and ran a 1/2 marathon for charity in October, but since then I have been ill and put some weight back on.

So for me its a going to be a balance between exercise (what I can fit around work / life commitments) and fasting 2 or 3 days a week.

So this week, I have fasted for 2 days – Monday and Wednesday – I was going to do today as well but have woken up with a bad cold.

My starting weight on Monday was 68.7Kg and my goal is to get down to under 60kg. With my first goal down to 64kg – seems like I should get here by the end of January / early February if I can be consistent with fasting – however I am abroad for 3 weeks on holiday (and being pretty active) over Xmas so not sure if I will be able to sustain fasting in the heat.

I’ll fast until we go away on the 26th so that’s 4 more fasts (maybe 5 if I can squeeze an extra one in), and see what I can do when travelling and then back to it in January.

Hopefully this diary, will help me be consistent as that seems to be the key to success. I will also track my fat percentage – which at the moment is more than what you get in a bag of pork scratchings!!

Fattymessi,

I want to wish you great success with your fasting. I’m doing a modified 5:2 which I’ve been calling 4 1/2:2 1/2. I don’t eat at all on Mondays, Tuesdays is a regular fast day of 600 calories and Thursdays is 1/2 fast of 1 1000-1200 calorie meal. I’ve only been doing this a couple weeks but so far it seems doable long term. I like to indulge on the weekends and the normal 5:2 didn’t seem to be working very well for me so I upped the calorie deficit during the week. Don’t want to go without on the weekends, but I will if that’s all that works.

I had to look up pork scratchings; they’re similar to what we call pork rinds in the States. I keep forgetting this is mainly a UK board and I’m the foreigner here!

I’ve never been a big fan of pork rinds, or scratchings. My weakness is nuts. Those peanuts and cashews sit on the shelf and call my name on Friday and Saturday nights. It’s hard to say no.

Bronx

Bronx – good luck, I think it’s all about consistency and it’s about what works for you!!

Anyway first week weighin after 2 fasts, and I have gone down from 68.7kg to 67.3kg so I’m very happy, all though I know the weight loss can fluctuate week to week and it will probably as I’m full of cold?!!

3rd fast today, which was good as full of cold but didn’t fancy eating anyway!! I’ll make sure that I eat to TDEE tomorrow and then 2nd fast this week is planned for Wednesday as works do Thursday, and family around Saturday and Sunday and I’ll have to keep sure I don’t overeat!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.