December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,192 total)

• Merry Christmas to all of you!

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – EFS 🍾😄

Merry Christmas to you all, enjoy every minute, see you on the other side of today’s epic face stuffing day with family and friends. ☺️

Day 25, London, UK, FD………..Only joking!!! …. NFD.

Merry Xmas everyone, I hope you all enjoy this special day with your family & loved ones.

Have a wonderful day & let the madness commence!!!!!!

Day 25, UK, NFD
    Merry Xmas to all! The dreaded 80s have been spotted again… 80.0 kg this morning. There’s a lot of work to do in January!

Day 25,Germany, NFD
    I’m weighing too often 🙈
    Weight up 1 kg again from yesterday’s low! BUT I am satisfied with my Christmas eating yesterday! This is the most important. I know that there are swings all the time in my weight. Was still great to glimpse my goal yesterday! 😍
    Today and tomorrow I will skip breakfast again and only have two meals! And I will watch portion sizes.
    Have a great time today everybody!

Day 25, Gozo Malta, nfd

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 everybody. Have a wonderful day with your family. The turkey 🦃 is in the oven and I’m waiting for my daughters to come with their children and for my son to wake up as he told me when they arrive to wake him up.

It’s a beautiful ☀️ sunny 😎 day in Malta 🇲🇹 and Gozo. We are lucky to have such nice weather today as strong winds are coming this coming week.

Have a 💕 lovely Christmas Day.

Day 25 Ireland 🇮🇪🌲
    I’m afraid everything went to pot in the last two weeks… Scared to look at the scales and rather than ruin the festive magic for myself I’ve decided to just take a break and not get upset about undoing all the good I’ve done and get back on the horse in January. I’m looking forward to both enjoying the festive fun and getting back to normal in a week or so!
    Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful Christmas 🌲🎅🎄

Day 25 USA (IL to UT) NFD

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. I’m off to the airport early to fly to UT daughter’s where another daughter is already there.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Day25 UK NFD (what else)

Merry Christmas. See you all on the other side. Trifle made, lemon tart baked and chocolate cheesecake ready to go (fortunately there’s about 20of us, so I don’t have to eat it all myself).

Have a happy and peaceful day everyone.

Just stopping by to wish all who celebrate MERRY CHRISTMAS ! I haven’t been able to be active on the challenge this month but am definitely looking forward to January’s. Weight is up a few pounds but I have certainly been enjoying some good food and good company. I am confident that I will hit the ground running (well, planking) in 2018 so I shall enjoy the next week or so – sanely – one day I did overeat (uh, about seven homemade peanut butter cookies) and really felt awful that night. I truly don’t know how people can abuse their body day after day.

To all my fellow posters, wishing you all the very best and see you next year!

Linda

Day 25 – USA – NFD

Merry Christmas to all!

Day 25……Florida…..NFD

Merry Christmas to all my 5:2 Family! Having each and everyone of you makes my days so much brighter!

@metatuata…… Cannolis are super easy to make….. as long as you buy the store bought shells….. We have a beautiful meat market that sells shell imported from Italy.
    Here is the recipe…..

2 cups of ricotta, 1 cup of confectioners sugar and 1 and 1/2 vanilla and 3/4 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips. Mix by hand then fill shells.
    They say you can also do some orange zest! I however do not use the zest.
    Takes less than 5 min to make!
    I always make the insides the night before and fill the shells just before we eat them. I also double the recipe and make a cannoli filled cake later in the week for New Years.
    That’s easy too….. 1 yellow box mix, 8oz of 7up soda…. mix soda and cake mix together do not add any other ingredients. Bake as directed on box. Cool cake and chill for about an hour. Cut cake in half, spread cannoli mixture top with other half. Frost with Chocolate frosting.
    The 7up makes the cake super moist and very light.

So, I’m making my way into my third cup of coffee, as I wait for my children to awake out there slumbers. I surely thought they would be awake a while ago as the hubby has been up cooking our Christmas dinner….. The smell of sauce and garlic is filling the whole house and normally those boys are up eating meatballs for breakfast.
    I’m seriously thinking of waking them, I’m excited to see what Santa has brought us.

Okay, so I know they were up late enjoying Christmas Eve with friends, so maybe I’ll give them another half hour……

Okay well, I’ve kept you long enough……

I hope you all have a very blessed day where your hearts and homes are filled with love, joy and spirit of our Lord!

Day 25 Akron OH CD.
    I have been ill with a bad cold and fever the last week. I tried to soldier on but couldn’t bring myself to drink water and craved hot chocolate and comfort food (read carbs)
    I am planning a CD today and back on the program in the morning.
    Merry Christmas to you all and happy holidays

Day 24 – NFD
    Day 25 – NFD

Merry Christmas and a happy holidays to all! I wish you all well and good health. I’m a little sick with a cold but it’s not too bad and should keep me away from the wine! 😂

Day 24-25 NFD Santa Fe NM USA

Happy holidays all!

I decided to have savory crepes for lunch and then went all out with a napoleon for desert. Dinner was an outrageously good lamb shank. I’m going lighter tonight with seafood. B2B water fast will start after tonights dinner. 10 hours in the car tomorrow will make it easy not to snack on anything.

I haven’t been anywhere near a scale but my skinny clothes still fit fine.

Day 25,NFD, 2nd post
    Had a nice day with my family but it was a bit hard food wise. Nevertheless didn’t binge!!! That is the most important for me! I skipped breakfast but snacked a little on low calorie food while cooking and had a (healthy) afternoon snack. Big muesli for dinner. Things could have been much worse…
    I am also very tired today! Went running in the morning the last 3 days and maybe the break for the next 2 days will be relaxing. We’ll be traveling to meet parts of my family tomorrow and the day after. I am a bit scared because there is always so much food available!! My plan for tomorrow is to skip breakfast, we’ll all have lunch together in a restaurant, which should not be a problem. In the afternoon I WON’T HAVE ANY CAKE OR SUGAR STUFF! I just know that once I start with this stuff the dragon is loose and I have no chance! Plus I can’t enjoy the wonderful people around me anymore which would be so sad!!! I will concentrate on the conversations and I will watch out what I can do for others instead of what food is available around me! For dinner, if I feel I need sth, I must take care of myself, because my family tends to be full after all the afternoon cake.
    I am the only person who knows what works for me and what doesn’t, so it is my responsibility!
    Well, I keep talking… Sorry for this long post, I just felt like I had to make some concrete plans for tomorrow…
    Hope you all are having wonderful Christmas days! Take care for your needs everybody! 🌟

Day 26 – Japan – FD 83.5kg

I hope everyone has a good Christmas day! Just a few more days until the new year.
    While Monday is my normal fasting day … I’m bending the rules a bit. I’ll be travelling next week so there will be a lot of rule bending (breaking). 🙂

Yesterday I eat too much and even felt a sugar rush! Oh well, once in a while it is probably fine.

Day 15 Sarasota, Florida CD
    Day 16 NFD
    Day 17 FD
    Day 18 NFD
    DAY 19 NFD
    Day 20 CD
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 CD
    Day 23 NFD
    Day 24 NFD
    Day 25 NFD Obviously, I’m not on track with FD’s but I went into the holidays below my ideal weight. I think I’ll come out on the other side fine. Hope everyone is well. I’ve been traveling thus the catching up all at once. Happy New Year to all!

Day 25 – 31st All NFDs with some control/Perth Australia

Looking forward to recommiting in January. Here’s the link for the January Challenge https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/january-2018-monthly-challenge-bring-on-the-new-year/#post-234460

Enjoy the rest of the festivities (and the cricket!).

Day 26 NZ NFD Back to work tomorrow so will make it a FD. I really need to get back on track. Definitely going to do the Jan challenge. Time to get serious!!

Day 24 – FD (16:8)
    Day 25 – NFD
    Day 26 – FD (16:8)

Ate alll the food yesterday and all the desserts. Ugh woke up so cranky!!! I’ve tried to keep it light today…leftover salad and cold chicken and a protein hot choc for afternoon tea with only one ginger thin. It’s going to be a leftovers dinner too I suspect. At least hubby is happy to finish off the trifle and bread and butter pudding hehe.

Our Christmas Day was manic. The kids were both ratty and the whole family was mental when they came over, at least they all had fun! So much cleaning left to do…

Back to business tomorrow!

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD Traveling from BC back to WA.
    After a quick coffee & a small cranberry bran muffin & some melon with my folks in BC, Mt son & I traveled back to Washington. We made it safely through the snowy mtn pass & caught up with more family in the early evening.

It’s a little late but I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Days 25 and 26 UK NFD

Merry Christmas everyone.I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I did, but was far too busy to post yesterday. I cooked an enormous feast and there is enough food leftover for several days even though everyone ate heaps. I did four trays of roast veg, a swede gratin, fruity baked pumpkin, red coconut cabbage, and pumpkin mash. Then a proper Christmas pud with brandy butter, cream and custard as well as brownies, chocolate cake, and icecream. No one had any room left for the cheese, not even cheeseaholic me. I wish I hadn’t had all three puddings as I have had a splitting headache since and still from the sugar and flour but it was enjoyable at the time. I was so full afterwards that sitting down was too uncomfortable so I cleaned up immediately so at least the house is decent and I can have a relaxing day. I need to let the rabbits out and feed and water them but I will do the usual Tuesday work tomorrow as the volunteers are coming then instead of today.

Day 26, UK, FD?

81.7 kg this morning. I really need to get back on track.

Day 26, London, UK, NFD.

Off to my brothers for lunch today, aiming NOT to hoover up the leftovers!!!!

I was relatively controlled yesterday, even though I ate EVERYTHING………………….. except this time, just a normal portion, like all the other normal people around me, in the past I would have said the portions were ‘little’ rather than normal………… now that’s progress!!!!

I guess January’s challenge will be inundated with members and probably 90% will become Dry Januarians …………………… I know I’m in!!!! I’ve been having Frangelico and double cream coffees the last couple of mornings, an alcoholic liquid breakfast (!), but at least it hasn’t been a Full English!!!! I know my recent weight re-acquiring has been due to booze as the food hasn’t been excessive, this feels like my summer hols all over again!! Day 27 & 28 B2B better put paid to some of the baggage!!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Xmas day, and as the festivities continue, just try to do one controlled thing and pat yourself on the back. I have no intention of saying no when I mean yes because I ‘should’, but I will ask myself if I REALLY want it before I succumb!!!! That way there really isn’t any guilt, particularly as I know a FD or 7(!) will get me back on track.

Stay strong everyone and reserve your place ON that wagon!!! I’m holding a spot for you @bigviking………… don’t panic!!!

Perth, Western Australia
    Day 25 – NFD
    Day 26 – FD

Day 26……Florida……?

I’m question marking today because I’m taking a ride with the hubby as he is meeting one of his customers halfway to get some paperwork signed. Since neither of us has been to this town where we are meeting him, so there is no telling what we will find or experience.
    After everything settled last night….I spent some time re-educating myself to the 5:2 life style. I actually did it, in attempts to ward off any complicity in my efforts. I did find in my reading, I have stopped drinking water. I have since replaced it again with my soda. Complicity at its finest right there. So, in the next couple days I will get my bullet journal back up and running which will include everything I have let drop out of site.

I have reconsidered the exercise thing too but that it going to have to start next week as I am in the process of repainting our master bedroom and we haven’t quite decide which family member will help me replacing the flooring. I had the boys pull the carpet a couple days ago. Hubby dislocated his knee cap about a month ago, so he although he’ll try, he is unable to get down to do the floor. So, as I have it figured that going to be enough exercise that week.
    Right now, we are held up in our guest room and getting ready in the morning are an interesting feat in itself, gather from clothes and essentials from 3 different rooms, shower in the guest bath which is far from large, then walk through a empty room to the master bath for hair and make up, then back to the guest room for my smelling crap… oh my it took me an extra 30 min to get ready for the day…… Thank goodness, I really don’t have to be anywhere at a specific time!

Okay, I’m basically rambling this morning……

Sorry….folks…..Santa has left the building!

Day 26 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Lovely Christmas fondue dinner with the family last night. The wine flowed! It was lots of fun with games following. My Sauce Bernaise was a big hit. Today we’re taking a tour around Park City and might be stopping for lunch – stillupin the air.

@lindasue – how good to see you pop in! Will look forward to being on the January challenge with you.

Onward and downward.

Day 26 Gozo Malta, cd

I’m 67 kilos this morning. I’d like to be 64 kilos. I’m having a controlled day today. I had 750 calories already. I’ll try for a light dinner 🥘 this evening.

I’m babysitting late today as my second daughter is on duty. I have my two granddaughters with me.

I hope all my cyber friends are enjoying Christmas 🎄 time with family and friends. Next Thursday we’re supposed to go overland with the catamaran for a week to Sicily. However if there is strong winds the catamaran might postpone the trip and there is going to be wind on Thursday and Friday in this part of the world.

Have a great 👍 Boxing Day everyone. Enjoy 😉

Day 26 – USA – NFD

Day 25 NFD
    Day 26 FD/CD? Oregon USA

Merry Christmas(belated) friends and a Happy Boxing Day for our lovely British group! 🎄❄️

Well yesterday started off okay for food and drink but a trip to my mother-in-law’s house turned a little ugly (she was ill so I will refrain from using the words selfish, self-centered or narcissistic but you get the idea) 😉 And it started me stress eating and drinking which carried on until bed time. Now I know she didn’t put the beer or cookies or chips in my hand. And I definitely was hearing a little voice telling me that it is Christmas and you deserve whatever you want. Of course none of it made me feel BETTER and my brain definitely needs more retraining there!!

So today I am going to aim for a FD and be happy with a TRUE CD. As control has been few and far between for me this month.

Heading into January I am so happy to be hosting the forum as I know it will help get me back on track in a great way.
    One additional rule I am going to add–which I hope will be ok–is that no one apologizes for writing a long post. Sometimes you just need to vent in a safe place and this is what this is supposed to be.
    If people want to not read–that is completely fine and up to them. And no, I am not adding the rule because I am a notoriously long poster. 😂😊

I just read a lot of people saying they are sorry and they shouldn’t have to feel that way!

OK I am off to conquer dragons today. Wishing everyone health and happiness as we lock arms going into 2018!

Day 26 California FD

Weight up to 60.2 this morning from around 58.5 before 3 days of holiday related eating. Today, Tuesday is a FD for me, replacing my normal Monday FD because of the holidays. I hope to see at least kg loss by tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone is having a good day, maybe fasting. Time to get eating back to normal!

Day 27 – Perth, Western Australia – FD

Day 26 Sarasota, Florida CD Not near a scale but I’ve not been eating excessively. I can’t really because after so long on the 5/2, I get full easily. I’m in for the January challenge @mjrbcd44 Thanjs for hosting!

Las Vegas NV USA

Day 25 NFD
    Day 26 FD

Xmas eating was OK. Out to dinner again and I had mushroom soup, surf & turf with pumpkin pie for dessert and although the portions where appropriate I felt stuffed. All in all reasonable eating for the whole holiday season. I’ll weigh in my usual time in the AM on the 27th.

Got up at 5:00 AM 26th and drove 10 hours / 620 miles home to Vegas. I’m doing a B2B water fast and although I’m not physically hungry, boy do I want to eat something!

Day 26 NFD/CD/…started as a FD

Sigh…I am disappointed with myself as this is the first FD that I’ve started and then completely fallen off the wagon. This week feels different and so much harder.
    Trying not to beat myself up about it but fear of losing all the progress made is just making me even weaker?

Anyways…darn good thing I am hosting January! Nowhere to hide and will be pushing major hard reset.

Back to work tomorrow and thinking that will probably help!

Day 26 – SW WA USA in Eastern Washington NFD

A feasting day with family and some good visiting. Off for a walk around a park to work off a few calories.

Sounds like some wonderful celerations are taking place!

Day 27 NZ I got out of bed at 4.30am ready for work at 5.30 am fired up and ready to fast. Didn’t last though. I cook at our community hospital and rest home and I fell by the wayside when I made a batch of gluten free blueberry muffins for the other gluten free staff and residents. Bother. The grandchildren are arriving in the morning for a few days so I think I’ll just try and be reasonably controlled and not worry too much until things get back to being a bit more normal next week. As I’ve read somewhere this is a way of life so don’t sweat about it and pick up the pieces later. I will get back into the swing of things its just taking a bit longer than I had planned. Nevermind. Best wishes everyone.

Day 27 – Japan – NFD 81.4 kg

Always returning to 81.4kg. 🙂

I’m going to drop out of the challenges for a while. I’m busy programming a bot to play with cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. I’m trying to build another income source. There are lots of opportunities like exchanging between different coins or taking advantage of pricing differences on different exchanges. However programming is pretty consuming especially when one has to keep it completely separate form work.

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Epic weight increase over the Christmas but at least I am still in 9 stone land….just about. Righty-o, so today is back to work and firmly pushing that reset button.
    I plan to do a liquid only FD and it’s the first day of a B2B2B.

Good luck all my fellow fasters today.

Day 27 Belfast FD
    I’m firmly climbing back on that wagon today. The scales are a couple of pounds up but no sweat. It’s lovely to read of family gatherings around the world. I hope you had wonderful time.
    @dykask I’ll miss your posts. You were always the prof here with your informed pearls of wisdom. I wish you well with your venture and hope you reach that retirement goal soon. Good luck.

Remember everyone
    Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”

day 27 UK NFD

Same weight as the first of December so I managed to maintain over Christmas, yay! That is the better way to look at it rather than dwelling on how ill I made myself feel by eating sugar and flour…

Day 25 -26 – Cumbria UK – NFD
    Day 27 – FD

Weight this morning remains below target at 54.2kg

Hope everyone had a peaceful and joyful few days with family/friends

Christmas Day in Cumbria was very wet but had a relaxed and very happy day with OH – DD was with her OH for xmas but joined us for Boxing Day – family is all 👨‍👩‍👧❤️

Had a lovely Boxing Day walk in the fells near us, joined by friends and followed up with a well deserved pot of tea afterwards. Rained for most of the walk but the sun did come out briefly when we were indoors in the cafe enjoying a brew! Had a busy BD afternoon of baking for tomorrow and cooking a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings as requested by DD (everything made from scratch and with love!) and OH got a lovely fish dinner cooked for him (He does not eat meat)

Going out soon to help with registration for a local fell race and then will be serving lots of cups of tea/coffee with a plentiful supply of cakes afterwards to those hardy souls who are running!! Yesterday afternoon I made 2 of Nigella Lawson’s Banana Bread as my contribution to the cake supply!

Will try and catch up with the posts later today, when I’m sure I will need the moral support to see this FD through!!!!!!

Day 27, UK, NFD
    82.7 kg. My attemt to turn Boxing Day into a FD lasted until lunchtime and then went up in smoke. Tomorrow and Saturday will be this week’s FDs, with the heavy pifting starting Jan 2nd.

Day 25 – CD…..until…..
    Day 26 FD
    Day 27 FD

@AnneMarylyn – a particularly special year for your family filled with peace and love. @dykask – I ditto @debster251‘s comments. All the best and please pop in now and again to let us know how you and your family are doing.

I’m glad to read that overall it has been a peaceful and happy Christmas for all who posted.

Three things to report from me. Firstly – my eating plans went to plan perfectly – couldn’t even manage seconds as my appetite has changed so much. But you know that saying ‘pride comes before a fall’…….. Secondly, OH received a litre of Baileys. Need I say more. Thirdly – and on a good note. The combination of @Bert1805 instructing us to give ourselves a present and having read ‘Alcohol Explained’ I have finally – 40 years too late – decided to kick alcohol totally. I’ve done it before and felt so much better. This time there is no going back – the book has explained that I can never be in control. There is no distinction between someone who abuses alcohol by binge drinking and an alcoholic as I have previously understood one to be. It all falls under Alcoholism. Therefore I am and always have been an Alcoholic. So that’s that!

A few of the stalwarts of these challenges will remember how I started back in February and have followed my stop start efforts to take control of alcohol. Thank you to each and every one of you since then for your invaluable support throughout the year.

“If it costs you your peace and happiness, it’s too expensive”

Day 27, Cornwall UK, NFD

Yes, I’m still in the challenge! I managed to get two fast days in the week before xmas and should complete another 2 this week. We went away for 5 days and I can’t pretend I found the food easy. I have a lovely family but was surrounded by foody temptation, some of which I did not resist. Not sure what I am going to find when I weigh myself on Friday. But I had a good fast day yesterday, and will do another tomorrow and I’ve not been totally derailed by xmas, so onward and downward for January!

@strawberriesand cream. I just read your post. I came to the same conclusion. And, by dealing with that, it gives you confidence with fasting, that one can do it. I’m really glad the book helped. Good luck. I’m with you in spirit all the way. ( maybe could have phrased that better – um, I’ll drink to that, oh hang on…) Anyway, I’ll support you all the way. Here’s to a happy, dry 2018. 🥇🥇🥇

Thank you @emma-taylor – really appreciate that. xx

Day 27, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Yesterday cd turned eating slightly over tdee or so I hope. Today s weight is 67.4 kilos.

Tomorrow s trip for Sicily is cancelled due to wind. On Friday it’s windy again so I don’t think 🤔 there will be any trips to Sicily either with catamaran. We’ll see Saturday or Sunday.

I don’t think I’ll manage a fast day these days but will try controlled days.

Have a great Wednesday in these feastive days.

Day 27, London, UK, FD……… (I hope)

Not to sound too defeatist, but I think I’m in for a bit of a struggle with todays’ FD, the Xmas treats are still hanging around, but just writing this is helping.
    Time to get serious; I’ve eaten and drunk everything I’ve wanted over the last couple of days, and I just need to remember that was NOT the norm, but back to fasting IS!!!!!

@dykask, pop in and update us when you feel like it, you’ve got your priorities right though, working hard now will make an easy retirement; eventually!!!

@at, I’m with you in needing the added moral support to get through today…………….. I’ll stick with it if you will!!!

@strawberriesandcream, the thought of joining you on that teetotal wagon has been flitting through my mind over the last week & pretty much every time I break a Dry challenge!!! I will seriously consider it during Dry January, congrats on making the decision and good luck, your mind is set, so no problem!!!!!

There are only a few more days to this months challenge, if, like @fatrabbit, I can maintain Dec 1st weight I’ll take it!! This last week has shown me just how easy it is to wander off the right path!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.