Day one

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AGurl78 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Just started yesterday and was amazed how I survived the hunger pangs, did not feel tired and was able focus on very high level work! Looking forward to my 2 days next week. I love cooking and enjoy good food so would rather not sacrifice something that makes me happy, so 2 days a week should be something I can do. Wish me luck

Hi Deirdre and welcome!

Well done on completing your fasts, sounds like you are doing great so good luck, though i dont think you need it lol!!
    Happy fasting 🙂

Hi
    Just started today and I’m pretty hungry.
    Looking forward to feasting tomorrow and hopefully it will get better.
    I’ve got 30 cals left before bedtime and need a satisfying snack.
    Any ideas?

Hello everybody!

This is my 1st day of the 5:2 diet and I am hoping I won’t feel too bad…worrying about feeling faint or nauseous as that has sometimes happened in the past if I have skipped a meal or not eaten for quite a while. Any tips for keeping that at bay?

I would also love some tips for acurately calculating calories as my kitchen scales aren’t the most accurate and have never calorie-counted before in my life! Eek…

Many thanks! 🙂

@agurl78 make sure you have plenty of liquids – what you think of as hunger is more often thirst so if you feel a bit ’empty’ have water or black coffee or tea. If you can’t drink it black remember to account for ant milk or sugar in your 500 calories.
    Some people do feel a bit strange on their first fast days and its often a good idea to spread your 500 cals over three small meals to begin with until your body adjusts. You could try using an app like My Fitness Pal to record your calories for a week or so until you get a good idea of calorie values and portion sizes.

@cloudlady ..somehow this idea of ‘feast days’ seems to have crept in. It gives the wrong idea and suggests that on non fast days it’s OK to eat with abandon. Non fast days are about about eating WHAT you like but NOT HOW MUCH you like. You may not intend to do that but if you have the idea of ‘feast’ in your head it’s unhelpful. The ideal is to stay BETWEEN your BMR and your TDEE. If you haven’t calculated these, there is a link at the top of the page called ‘how?’. In there you’ll find a calculator and an explanation of why you should know these figures.

xx

Sorry the term feasting was meant metaphorically.
    I just meant a feast compared to what I ate today.
    I’m not a big eater but I feel the the foods I choose on a noal day sustain me better and keeps my glucose levels steadier. Ie I never feel hungry and I don’t eat that much. I follow a no sugar , no wheat program.

I will however look up the ideal calorific intake on my non fasting days. Thanks.

@cloudlady ..I wasn’t getting at you personally but this is something I see more and more… it’s a ‘gripe’ of mine and I have just posted a ‘rant’ about it. 😀

Good luck

xxx

@sylvestra Thanks for the tips! I have got MyFitnessPal app & just started using it but always wonder how accurate these things are…! I guess as long as I am being sensible with what I eat and don’t pile up my plate I guess it shouldn’t matter too much.
    I can’t drink black coffee unfortunately so instead switched to unsweetened almond milk which is actually pretty nice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.