Day after first fast day

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thermalnermal 10 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’ve woken up after my first fast. I feel terrible. Bad headache and pulse all over the place. I don’t exactly feel hungry I feel sick. I thought I had drunk plenty yesterday but this feel like a bad hangover. Where is the euphoric feeling that Michael Moseley talks ahout in his book?

Hi, Maybe you drank too much water? A few years ago I was away overnight on a works training session and during the evening and into the early hours all I drunk was water, where my colleagues were on the beer etc. I woke up in the morning with the worst hangover feeling ever. My bosses took a lot of convincing that I hadn’t actually been on the alcohol :-).

I’m feeling much better now. It was my first fast so I didn’t know quite what to expect. An hour or so after I got up had a coffee and breakfast I felt quite OK. I even went out for my run (it was a run in my training plan that I usually find quite challenging) and I felt just the same as usual. I fasted from Sunday night until Tuesday morning with 500 cal of food on Monday.

Going to fast again tomorrow.

Also I discovered that Alpro (unsweetened) is only 13cal/100ml so I was able to have a hot choc before bed which was something to look forward to.

Also had that (at end of fast day where I ate nothing at all) but comforted myself with the knowledge that it’s just a sign of withdrawing from continual sugar infusion and starting to burn fat instead.

Last fast day I had a small bowl of oatmeal with couple of teaspoons of yoghurt, splash of honey, and some raspberries for breakfast – don’t normally eat breakfast early but I hoped it would help me through the day and it really did. No headache at all.

I’ve done three fast days so far, and have been lucky enough to feel great the day after each one, really sorry you had a bad experience after your first 🙁 What did you eat on your fast day? From past experience (with a different WoL/diet) I can tell you that sometimes carb withdrawal or caffeine withdrawal can make you feel terrible.

Let us know how your second fast day goes 🙂

Kits

Likely to be the carb withdrawals. I didn’t have any at all on my fast day. They seem to to take up a large chunk of 500 cal! I had grapefruit, poached egg salad and veg ratatouille with a slice of bacon.

Porridge seems like a good idea but I’ve always found it to be too easy to digest. I’m always really hungry a few hours after eating porridge. Might see about getting some pumpernickel or rye bread – but how to make it palatable?

Giving it another go tomorrow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.