confused re 24 hour fast

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thunderthighsnomore 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• someone help me, have I understood right re the 24 hour fast.

eg
    day1
    7pm normal dinner
    day 2
    under 500 cal breakfast
    day 2 normal dinner.

Have i got the calories right for the breakfast or should it be less??? I’m sleep deprived and struggling to understand.

PLEASE HELP ME 🙂

No, not quite right.

You can have the 500 cal TOTAL including dinner in day 2. You shouldn’t eat ‘normally’ again until breakfast on day 3. It’s up to you but I would save the calories until later in the day. You should end up doing a 36 hour fast by the time you get to breakfast on day 3.

I usually skip breakfast on day 2 and save my calories (I am smaller and not exercing right now so only have 380 cal on the fast day) until about 4pm because that is when I start to feel a bit dopey.

Good luck! I would recommend buying the book, it’s a quick read and only about £2.40 for the ebook – not sure where you are but price shouldn’t be that much different.

Also, use the tool on this website to check your recommended cal intake for the fast day. 500 is for the average woman.

Oh i want to do the 24 hour one not the 36 as i find it hard, therefore wanting to know how the calories work out compared to the 36 hour fast.

Thank you for your response 🙂

In that case you are spot on Payney 🙂

The book says you can do a 24 hour fast, but they werent very specifc with details about it.

I have come across the sort of thing before, where the recommendation is to say have your last meal on Day 1 at 4pm then eat NOTHING for 24 hours until 4pm the next day, when you eat as you normally would. THis is for the health benefits of generating Human Growth Hormone, which kicks in after 20 hours of fasting, and lowering Ghrelin and increasing Leptin. This is from Eat Stop Eat book by Brad Pilon. Not saying it is the right thing for this diet, but this is what I though they meant by doing it over 24 hours.

Otherwise, it is wake in morning day 1, consume 500/600 cals for that day, sleep then wake up day 2 and eat normally.

Personally, I am going to experiment with both and see what works better for me. As they say in the book the longer you go without eating the better for insulin resistance etc. And I find trying to split 500 cals over the day just makes me hungrier, but thats just me 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.