Cold

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  jojo58 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Been on this now for 6 weeks (fasting on Monday and Tuesday) and on the fast days for the last couple of weeks i can’t easily get warm especially the hands and feet which are currently freezing. Probably down to slightly poor circulation but certainly not helped by fasting. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes! Find myself drinking lots of hot drinks to compensate. Did go to the gym yesterday and worked quite hard so felt warmer for the rest of the day as a result. Also end up going to bed early for the same reason. I’ve come to the conclusion that if you haven’t got much gas in your tank, your engine doesn’t get warm. Layers are the answer for me.

Ali

I’m not having this problem, but I know that sometimes when you have cold feet, it helps to put a hat on. You lose most of your warmth through your head, so if you keep that warm, your hands and feet must be warmer. I hope this works for you!!

Yes I do too! Doesn’t seem to matter how many layers I have on or what I do I find that I am freezing all day. Am quite looking forward to the summer to see if that improves it!

Hi everyone, I’ve been on 5:2 for 12 weeks. I live in tropical Darwin in Australia where the temperature is around 33 degrees celcius ( 91 F) all year round – and I still get a bit cold in the hands or feet on fast days or during the night after a fast day !!! The temp in the bedroom at night is kept at 26C (78F) . Go figure!!!

Hi:

Being cold is a fairly common side effect of fasting. I just wear socks to bed.

Good Luck!

I’ve had exactly the opposite… raised body temp.. and at times my core seems to explode like a furnace.. there was also something in the news that has been posted elsewhere on here about shivering boosting the growth of dark fat.. which is good.

Yep, happens to me too – and it’s mid-summer here and I wear a shawl/wrap on my fast days cos I’m so cold. I just plan for it now.

My problem is the amount of liquid I drink – 8 liters a day. Cold water is really chilling me out. I am currently drinking room temperature or warm water. I get tired of making tea.

I have found Lemon and Ginger tea is very warming on fast days.
    I can’t drink freezing cold drinks or really hot ones so most of my cold drinks are just about room temp and my hot drinks just warm.
    🙂

Both my husband and I started the diet just a week ago. Mind you it is winter in NC, but both of us have noticed we get very cold during the days that we fast. It subsides after we eat our evening meal. Drinking tea and warm water don’t seem to help much. It would be nice to know the science of why this is happening…

I am feeling cold too, which is unheard of for me. I don’t even wear coats in winter usually. Certain that fasting is the cause. I am buying tights and leggings to wear under my now baggy trousers. Also I have been buying fleece and fake fur waistcoats too. I exercise daily and have an active job so it’s not lack of movement. Guess it’s a small price to pay to look good and feel healthy. I drink hot tea fruit or herb tea all day to warm up and keep hydrated. Jojo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.