Clarification please on Guidance in the Book especially re calorie counting.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Site stuff Suggested improvements
Clarification please on Guidance in the Book especially re calorie counting.

This topic contains -4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Southampton Michael 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Hi All

Day 1 for me although I already practice intermittent fasting but after initial losses plateaued then not getting results I wanted a different approach.

1. Why does Dr Mosely not include vegetables and fruit as carbs ? eg page 62; ” ..cut back on the carbs and instead start eating more vegetables and fat” AND p230 Key Fast Day Ingredients; he lists carbs then separately fruit and veg.

2. what assumptions are made about individual items when listing calories eg onions and spinach. Are these in their raw form and if so it would help to know any changes if fried, steamed , boiled, roasted. Do his recipes ignore any such conversion as he seems to give cals. of items in their raw state ?

3. Also p. 182 breakfast, calories count given for 1 tsp olive oil and for 1/2 onion but onion is then fried and so is spinach. So what is the logic in presenting calories in this way?

4. The book seems to say zero cals for tea and coffee without milk but eg in the Fat Bible black coffee is 5 cals. So eg I might drink 10 cups of coffee which counts as either zero cals or 50. Which is the correct approach?

Thanks all
    Michael.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.