Can't manage to eat all the calories on nfd

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Managing change
Can't manage to eat all the calories on nfd

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Apricot 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Not sure if this is the right place for this topic so any advice will be welcome

I have had three fasts so far and am thrilled with the results to date 2kg down how ever I just don’t seem to be able to reach the required Cals on nfd. At the moment I am supposed to eat 1877 Cals but lucky if I can get passed 1200 what do others do I have never eaten between meals so should I start to do so to get more in or are there denser calorie foods not laden with carbs that I should look at. So far between the fasts I am holding the weight lost or up a 100-200gr but the next fast has brought it under again from the last fast. Should I just keep going as I am please advise
    Cheers

Well done for a good start. Keep going as you are, WD. The TDEE calculation is what you would eat to maintain your weight, so it’s a rough calculation of ‘calories out’, but there’s no requirement to put those calories in! If you eat less than that it will assist your weight loss. But don’t go too far down on non FDs, as this diet works partly on ‘shock tactics’. The intermittent reduction calms insulin, triggers fat burning, but if you just go low cal your body will start to conserve its systems and your metabolic rate will lower.
    Make sure you are eating a good wide range of foods across the week on non FD days: meat unless you are veggie, lots of coloured and green veg, fish and sea food if you can, nuts, seeds, beans and lentils, unsweetened yogurt, cream, and plenty of fats as olive oil, butter or coconut oil. Try to use wholemeal and less refined grains like brown rice if you are eating higher carb foods. By doing this you will ensure you are getting vitamins and amino acids, the veg will also contain fibre and carbs in moderation. Don’t fear fat, it helps transport vitamins and reduces hunger. Concentrated and added sugars are likely to slow things so don’t drink fruit juice, eat whole fruit instead! Berries are good, also clementines.
    There’s lots of advice on this site, so read Dr Mosley’s introductions and the thread “Advice for Newbies”. Good luck and keep hanging in here!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.