Can You Switch Up When You Fast and Feast?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SweetPPP 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Like if I did 5:2, and instead of my fasting days being 2 days in a row (Like fasting on Monday and Tuesday) Could I feast for say 3 days in a row, like Mon-Wed, then fast for 1 day, like Thurs, and then feast from Fri-Sat and finally fast one last time on Sun? And could I change the days week to week? Trying to prepare for the holidays…

Hi Sweet and welcome:

You can diet any two days you want during any week. That means you can have different diet and non diet days every week if it fits your schedule to do it that way.

Here is some more information on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

There is no feasting, there are fast days and normal eating days and that is where far too many people go wrong because they overeat on non fast days when they should be sticking to their TDEE.

It makes no difference which days you fast, 5:2 works the same way as any other method of weight loss by creating a calorie deficit.

Most people do nonconsecutive fasting days. The most common scenario is Monday and Thursday fasting days. Most people prefer to do the same days each week, and some switch them around each week, depending on what’s happening otherwise in their lives. Some people fast 3days a week. I’d suggest you read simcoeluv’s link, it will give you an excellent start.

Thanks for the advice everyone!!! @merryme thanks for pointing out Simcoeluv’s link. @simcoeluv the link looks really useful, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.