Can it be so simple?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’m on week 3 of the 2:5 fast. The Sunday prior to my first fast day I overate out of shear fear of the lack of food the following day. What surprises me is how much I love my fast days. I’m not consumed by thoughts of food and surprisingly I don’t over eat at dinner.

I want to say I “feel” thinner, but I still can’t fit pants that I wore last year. I’m 54 and menopausal with my weight accumulation around my middle.

How long did it take you to notice a difference?

I’m not journaling my food because I seriously need to get away from the attachment and dysfunction of control over food and how just doing that sends me binging. I am also no exercising other than walking at lunch. I’m meditating instead, to calm my mind and try to keep my stress (which stores belly fat due to cortisol levels being high), to a minimum.

Can it really be this simple? Is it just time before the belly fat will start to recede, even a little bit? Do share your menopausal experiences 🙂 I would love to know.

Thanks.

Hi Long2beme,

You are doing really well and over the first initial stages of getting used to fasting. Its great that fast days are going well for you too.

I didn’t have too much to lose, but found it took about 3 months to drop from size 14 to a 12. I’m happy with that, its a loss of about 5 kilos or so. I didn’t particularly do any extra exercise either. I’ve also been experiencing fewer hot flushes and better sleep which is a real bonus! I still have a bit of belly flab, but it is going down slowly.

Good luck, keep at it! Its not a quick fix but it is a sustainable one.

For me, the belly fat loss was dramatic and it has only been 3 months. I am astounded.

I agree with Mickeymom. My thighs, legs and belly are now slim. I wish I’d measured my thighs. Lost 8 inches from my stomach.
    Took 5 months to lose 21lbs and reach target, then lost another 7.

We found that Mimi’s recipes were the answer, so favourful and could be padded out with salad. Any time I felt peckish, I’d have a good slug of water – still do, although, I’m maintaining on 16:8 now .

Would it really stress you out that much weighing yourself once per week at the same time of the day? Wouldn’t it be better to know if what you are doing is working/not working after say a few seeks rather than wait six months to find out it has/hasn’t been working? On average you will lose about 1 pound per week. I doubt most wouldnt be able to tell the difference in a 2 pound loss from week to week. You can not control what you do not measure. You don’t have to fixate about it, just incorporate some feedback mechanism.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.