Calorie limit on fasting days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Calorie limit on fasting days

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  orangeblossom 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone has any info on calories. I know women can have 500 on fast days. Long shot, but if you start heavy (20 stones), is 500 going to be ok??

I am in second week now and getting a lot from the plan. Very interesting things being revealed to me, about eating habits, and feeling energised in days following IF day…

48 years old and determined to succeed 🙂

500 calories is 25% of the calories required by the average woman. It is a good place to start however much or little you need to lose, as the first couple of weeks are tough for everyone.
    Good luck.

Thanks Amazon. It is a really interesting process and feels really positive and empowering. Here’s to success, agility and well being!!

Hi, any feedback on using a little milk in coffee during 12hour fast? As I am not enjoying sweeteners or taking it black…! This is still the hardest thing after 3 weeks!

Also what about sugar free chewing gum? And a slice of lemon in sparkling water on fasting days, between meals?

Thanks
    Sara

Hi orange. I’ve been on the plan for about 6 months and my personal rules would be lemon water is ok, avoid chewing gum because it confuses your brain into thinking food is coming and then nothing arrives and I don’t have milk in tea/coffee so not an issue for me but if it is just a touch I think that is ok.

The less you consume the more you lose, so if you can handle less than 500 cal on a fast day I would say go for it. I try to have less than 350 due to my current TDEE, and some days if I am busy I get distracted from being hungry and then I don’t eat at all. It’s flexible so see what works for you. If you plateau, and you probably will, just look at what you are doing again and make some changes at that time.

Thanks for getting back to me. That’s very helpful. How have you been doing on it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.