Calorie Counter Australia

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Calorie Counter Australia

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Katiecums 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hello this is day one of me changing my health around and for it to fit into my lifestyle, i need a little help as i have downloaded the Fast Beach Diet App and putting in my log for the day but i am not sure how to add the calories as i have no idea does anyone know how to count calories???
    Thank you in advance for your help
    Amy

Hi amytony, there are lots of calorie counters on line just google.
    This is my 2nd week, i lost 1.3 kilos last week so I’m very happy. I don’t eat until early lunch, just having tea and water untill about 11.30.
    I have a boiled egg and a large salad ( lettuce, celery, cucumber,tomato and carrot) with low fat dressing for lunch and a small piece of skinless chicken and salad or veggies (zucchini, tomato, onion, carrot and beans) for dinner. If I get hungry I make a piece of toast and a cup of tea at about 8.30 pm. That it, easy. Good luck.

Hi, im starting on this myself, having both the fast diet book (bought last year) and bought the fast beach diet book a couple of weeks ago. Today was my fast day and totally buggered up because im currently getting my car fixed so my dad picked me up at work and took me to my parents place where mum made roast chicken and roast potatoes, carrots and salad but I totally buggered up on the potatoes and had panne di casa bread (from coles) and know I went over my calorie intake. Ive decided to fast on mondays and thursdays but if I decide to follow the beach diet, then mon, wed and fri will be the fast days.
    I get my calorie counting info from my fitness pal and have it synced with my fitbit…im afraid the fast diet app is only for iPhone and I have android.
    Ive also been on jenny craig but deciding to stop that because its way too expensive as well as omitting foods I do like eating, and being weak and picking at foods I shouldn’t eat while on it and feel the fast diet might be the way to go. Im needing support and advice and would like to converse with other aussies who know the brands and such.

Don’t starve yourself for the sake of trying to lose the weight kazzbar! The more proven approach is to still eat regularly, just in SMALLER portions. Also, rather than rabbit food, investigate foods that give energy, are low fat and still last…eg for brekky, try porridge with a snack mid morning of yoghurt and mixed nuts with your cup of tea! Hmmm lunch? Ok..try a stir fry which uses skinless diced chicken which you can prepare the night before and marinate/spice/herb it overnight in the fridge with some veggies. So, it’s just a sample of what you can find online for menu items.
    My point?…this fasting diet will work, but also eat wisely and the weight will drop too…probably faster with the bonus of your blood chemistry agreeing with you!
    Me?…I’m an ordinary bloke who happens to be a school teacher so educating my students in my subjects often involves Internet research. ….ps common sense works too..eat more than you use and get fatter…burn more than you eat, and you get thinner…a bit like fuel in a car!!
    1962Vintage.

Hi 1962vintage, don’t worry I’m not starving myself. I just find I don’t miss breakfast if I have tea and water, and I love salad so having a large bowl full for lunch with an egg or tuna is good for me. I actually had a chicken stir fry for dinner tonight which was great. This is only my 2nd week so I’m still researching recipes. I’m just happy to have lost last week. I’ve tried lots of other diets this one is easy and doesn’t cost money, which is a bonus.

/libran5_au/
    I’m an Aussie, I live in southwest Sydney, message me if you like.

Cool Kazzbar! I’ve just started this and my first change is losing the junk snacks…I love the bagged chips and mixed soft lollies….oh, and cheese is my weakness!
    In two days already a kilo is gone by smarter eating…I am being very conscious of what’s in my fridge and pantry for the sake of this exercise.
    I am trying the combo of this fasting plus mods to my own eating patterns(calorie intake!)….time will tell!
    Cheers.

1962Vintage,
    I’m trying to watch what I eat on the five days of normal eating but I’m not going to cut out all my treats.
    I think that can be a mistake as you start to get cravings.
    I lost 1.3 kilos last week even though I had some chocolate and chips just have to limit the serving size.
    Good luck
    Kazz

Hi libran5…I note you have put 3fadting days….you only need 2 for this plan!
    The roast is great…smaller portions next time and your mum will still be happy! Love a good roast!

Hi 1962vintage….I mentioned 3 days as according to the fast beach diet, it can be done but I think 5:2 is enough. Not easy at the start and feel ive ruined today but will keep this up and yes, I have a bad habit with the portion sizes. Best thing about this is being to still eat everything but in moderation and i like that.
    When at work, my fitbit helps track my steps and manage to get over 10,000 steps per day, not so much when im home on weekends but tried a 5min HIT on my exercise bike with 20secs as fast as possible per min.
    Once I get my head around this process (5:2), I will most likely start seeing results…I just hope I dont let myself down.

thank you Kazzbar, libran5_au and 1962Vintage for your advice, i wasn’t sure if i would get any replies thank you.
    Day one down and dusted very successful, with watching everything that i ate, my weakness is also a bag of chips,a bottle of wine and snacking while cooking dinner for the family, i was very good no Alcohol and no snacking while cooking dinner and my Calories intake yesterday was 1200 very happy, i also dusted of the treadmill and did 20mins with the Fast exercise app i downloaded.
    Today is a new day and is my Fasting day which can only be 500 calories I have never like eating brekky so the mornings will be easy for me it’s the 3.00pm till dinner going to be the toughest. I will love to let you know how my day 2 goes tomorrow and love to hear for you!

Hi all,

If you have a IPhone then the best app I have found is Easy Diet Diary and it’s free. It has 50,000 Australian foods and drinks. You can scan barcodes of foods at the supermarket and find the product already listed, you can save your favourite recipes and it will add calories, protein, carbs etc. It is very easy to use and I already love it.

Day 9 today and am thrilled with the progress so far. 4 kg down and 2 cm off my waist. I’m also going to not “Lose” weight. I have never really thought about it before but if we “lose” something we nearly always are upset, so now I will remove excess weight and see how my mind goes with that.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling inspired.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.