Calling Hypothyroids or low testoterone dieters

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Calling Hypothyroids or low testoterone dieters

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Share with me your story and how quick did you see results.

I am 41 need to lose 20 lbs and want to get lean and fit again!!

Thanks

Being lean and being fit aren’t the same thing. You will need to do specific things for each of those two concepts.

20 pounds? Give yourself about 6 months on 5:2.

Well for me it is the same. Lean as low body fat and fit as having muscle.

comingbackat41, I agree with bigbooty in that you will need to give yourself some time to lose and get fit again. I tend to want to lose weight too fast and don’t keep it off with my high expectations. So in time, if you continue on, you will be leaner and more fit. And a nice benefit is that you will feel good.

@CB41. No worries, fit for me means cardio fit. Muscle means toned. So have you started yet? Hows it been so far? If youre finding it difficult hang in there for at least a month. After that it does get easier. Get rid of the sugar and simple carbs and it is a lot easier to be successful.

Avoid sugar, grain based carbs like bread, pasta, pizza, cake, biscuits. No fruit juice. Some fruit is OK but avoid bananas. Stick to berry type fruits and the more tart fruits like kiwi fruit, tart apples, oranges. Eat lots of veggies but no potatoes.

Good luck it works. I lost 22kg (48 pounds) over the course of one year. Been in maintenance since March this year.

So I have not started. Would you recommend to just follow the 5:2 diet?

I want to be “Muscle means toned” I like to look strong. I am petite so I need to get down to 108 to look tight.

I am planning to jump on it right on Jan 2nd

Can you share what your meals looks like?

Ok Im a male so not the best person to ask about meals. My tastes in food are very simple. Im in maintenance so I do 6:1 and prior to that I was doing 5:2 but my fast days have always been water only. I allow myself to have two coffees with milk. So probably 50 calories on my fast days.

Breakfast is usually two table spoons of full fat (low sugar) yogurt with a handful of mixed berries or almonds with pumpkin seeds.

Lunch is usually tuna with a salad.

Dinner is plate of charred mixed veggies shallow fried in olive oil with seasoning. Sometimes some chicken. Sometimes a tuna veggie salad. Sometimes a meat or veggie curry.

Desert is usually full fat cheese, almonds, walnuts brazil nuts.

I do eat meat but not a lot. My tastes are pretty simple. Best to ask others if you food has to be exciting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.