burning tummy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dummerchen 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• i’m new, just started the fasting last week. my question is, and i hope a doctor (Michael?) can answer this, i get a terribly burny tummy when i have not eaten. it is one of the reasons i am overweight, other than back injury and CFS. anyway, what can i do about the burning as i don’t want to give myself an ulcer. i do have some alkalizing salts (trisalts), if i take them the burning stops for a while, but i can’t find out how many calories they have! thanks for any suggestions. also i didn’t lose any weight in the first week and was so disappointed!!! it’s hard to be motivated but will continue.

I am having the same problem as you and I cant find the answer anywhere on this site. I take tablets for acid indigestion but it is worse on fasting days and I would like some suggestions.

All medication have some calorific qualities – but not enough bother counting them on either a fast day or a normal day I would think. Try Gaviscon I find that effective. Hopefully with the health benefits associated with IF your gastric systems will sort themselves out given time. Naturally should they get worse visit your own doctors for advise 🙂

Robinarnot, I don’t know what you mean by “burny tummy”. If you are talking about persistent heartburn or acid indigestion, you should see a doctor. Sometimes this can be caused by infections with a bacterium called H. pylori; this can be treated as well as several other causes of heartburn.

Persistent acid reflux can cause inflammation of the gullet/food pipe and persistent inflammation can in turn cause cancer. Not soon but several years down the line, there is this possibility. Sometimes, heartburn is a sign of a more serious disease, not often but it should be excluded.

Finally, if your trisalts are something like magnesium, calcium and potassium in a mixture, then the do not have any calories because our bodies have no way to turn them into energy. Maybe you can copy the complete list of ingredients here and someone can tell you if they are anything to add to your calorie count.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.