Bullet proof coffee

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I have been readIng about bullet proof coffee and am wondering about anyone’s experience making and drinking this what is the recipe you use would appreciate advice on this

My daughter and son-in-law were drinking bullet proof coffee every morning on a ketogenic diet and really enjoyed it. They used 1 tbs of coconut oil and 1 tbs of salt free butter blended. They used the refined coconut oil as they don’t like the taste of coconut which comes through strongly with unrefined olive oil. That may be a matter of taste. They were losing weight on that diet. Cheers, Fuvvie

I have it most the days. I make it with 1/2 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of single cream. That is 90 calories and keeps me full all day so great for a fast day.

Thank you for your replies is it important to use unsalted butter or not I guess a matter of trial and error
    Cheers

The fellow who invented Bulletproof coffee (this is a brand name and you can read about it by googling it) sells his own brand of coffee which is supposed to be mould free and he uses Medium Chain Triglycerides from coconut oil. He researched it after having yak milk tea. You would use unsalted butter if you don’t want your coffee to taste salty 🙂 Warm regards, Fuvvie

That same fellow who Fuvvie was talking about recommends that you use butter from gas fed cows and he recommends Kerrygold brand unsalted butter. At our house we put 4 cups French Press coffee made with single origin fresh roasted and fresh ground coffee in a blender with 2 Tbs Kerrygold and 1 Tbs. of the refined coconut oil and froth it up a little. It suits our taste, we love it and it doesn’t hurt my 5:2 calorie count!

An interesting article appeared in todays colour magazine in “The Times” newspaper about “Bulletproof coffee and its inventor David Asprey. Asprey describes himself as a “professional biohacker” whatever that is. Apparently he has made a fortune selling his own version of this “Bulletproof coffee” stuff. Personally looking at the ingredients I would not go anywhere near it and the calorie count, over 400 cals puts it way out of the 5:2 way of life. Goodness knows what such a concoction will do to cholesterol levels. Included in the article is a further read on a British clinical biochemist Professor Terence Kealey and his recent book “Breakfast is a Dangerous Meal”.
    A sufferer of Type 2 diabetes Kealey noticed that after following the advice from Diabetes UK and eating 3 meals a day found that his blood cholesterol was very high following breakfast in the morning. He cut out breakfast and had positive results with his cholesterol levels, still raised after lunch and dinner but decided breakfast was a “Dangerous meal”. In his book Kealey has coffee, not Bulletproof and still loses weight. He researched the development of the history of breakfast. Such a meal was for poor people who worked the fields or engaged in physical graft or down the pit. Did you know that “John Kellogg who…invented cornflakes, also, among other things, recommended clitorectomy for nymphomania.” The mind truly boggles and I will never eat cornflakes without that truly nauseating thought in my mind again.
    Basically, after spending ÂŁ1.70p on my morning paper and reading the above, Michael Mosley in his measured scientific approach to losing weight and the health benefits it brings has my vote over entrepreneur biohackers and the John Kelloggs of this world.
    Good luck out there.

“Dr Kellogg” was a very disturbed individual. Cornflakes was invented to “cure” people that self-pleasured. So next time your having a bowl of cornflakes we all know what you’ve been up to.

Thank you very much for mentioning the book Breakfast Is A Dangerous meal. For years I forced myself to eat breakfast, even though I instinctively knew It just wasn’t for me, leaving me tired and sluggish, no matter how healthy it was. But I kept eating it because the “experts” knew best. I didn’t actually start to feel energetic until I stopped eating it! I just ordered my copy from amazon UK, to be delivered here to the US. This topic is definitely for me!

…bigbooty, you are too funny!

Maybe Dr Kellogg was self medicating 😉

Good one Amazon!

Bigbooty,Amazon and little_ella, you have put the first smile of the day on my face as I breakfast on only…..green tea.
    Good luck out there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.