Anyone want to Buddy me on this 80lbs loss journey?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Anyone want to Buddy me on this 80lbs loss journey?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  NightOwl 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

• Hello everyone
    Is there anyone out there who has over 80lb to loose and will like to be a buddy and we enourage each other over this journey.

Hi Shann, yes I have approximately that much to lose so would love to buddy up. I have 32 kilos to lose to fall into the healthy range which is about 80 lbs.

Hello Emel thats great. I am sure that we can do this. I am a newbie to this. When did you start? What are your fasting days?

I started at the end of October but progress was slow as it took me a while to get into the swing of things. I fast Mondays and Wednesdays and occasionally Fridays. I have had an enforced break as had a surgical procedure but today decided to see if I could start again so today is Friday . I have 8 weeks sick leave so it will be a challenge fasting at home as opposed to work. How are you finding it?

Hope you are getting better.
    You are right, dieting when home most of the day can be challenging.
    I am starting on Monday and like you, Ive picked Monday and Wednesday as my fast days.

HI guys. I have about the same to lose too. I am doing to fast Tuesday and Thursday. This was my first week. I didn’t find it too hard so far.

Hi guys well I almost made it a Fast day but ate too much at dinner so need to rectify that next week. Oh I realised that I should have written 36 kilos which is very close to 80lbs. It seems a lot when in print but I am trying to look at it from 5kg blocks.
    Hope your day is good. emel

So Yvonne and Shann , how are you going?

HI Emel I am fasting today. I woke up very hungry and still am so think this one is going to be a difficult one for me. Last week I found it so easy!! I was ok at the weekend. Just had some chocolate and wine on Saturday! 🙂

How about you? I am not weighing myself.

Hi, I wanted to share something with you that I have discovered the last week.
    It has completely worked for me, they are called skinny sprinkles – it is just a powder that you mix with water and it helps to suppress appetite – so you don’t get hunger pangs.

since I have started taking it I haven’t had any trouble keeping to my calorie limits. 🙂 I am normally a massive snacker and I haven’t had anything but planned meals since I got it. Xx

Hello everyone.
    I wasnt able to start today, however I am starting tomorrow.
    I will def look into the skinny sprinkes powder. Snacking and hunger has been the problem LOL. Thanks for sharing

Hi guys. I got on ok yesterday in the end. I wasn’t too hungry in the evening. I went to bed very early though and slept very well!!

I am trying to eat healthy every day and have been finding that bit easy enough. I have also reduced alcohol intake.

Skinny sprinkles also taste fantastic! Haha
    I didn’t think I would be able to do it, but it has been a game changer.

Hi there! I have about 75Lbs to lose, so can I join you? Today was my first day, and I am a little hungry and I don’t feel particularly well, but I don’t know if it is the fast or my fibromyalgia.
    I need to look into those Skinny Sprinkles. How many calories are in them?
    My fasting days are going to be Tuesdays and Thursdays I think. I haven’t read the book yet, but it should be coming in the mail tomorrow.
    Good luck all!

I am researching to see if I can get Skinny Sprinkles in the US and for all of you in the UK there is a code for 20% off your January purchase on their Facebook page.

Hello Everyone & well done
    Welcome on board lucylovely. We can all do it.
    I did my first day yesterday and was really hungry all day long 🙁
    I also didnt plan well and ate one of those pots of porrige only to find out that it contained a whopping 250 calories.
    Would have been better off with a slice of toast and a cup of tea . .nevermind

I ordered my skinny sprinkles off Amazon and waiting for it to be delivered. It was £29.99 for 42 sachets. I hope I like it 🙂

I also have 80 to lose! I would love to check in with you!!

Eva

Welcome Eva!

Skinny Sprinkles don’t ship to US, but they told me to check Amazon UK. Not sure if they can ship that to me but I will check it out.
    Today was my 2nd fast day and it was so much easier then Tuesday. I had to get on the scale just to see what’s happened and I have lost 3lbs! So happy, and I feel like this is something I can really stick to. I received my book yesterday and I love that it is so easy to read.

How is everyone else doing?

Fasting tomorrow, have reread the 5:2 book and it has re sparked my journey. Met a librarian today who saw my 5:2 book and she raved about the approach. It felt good to tell her I had lost 4 kilos.

Hi Guys, can l join in too?
    I have 105 to loose, 48kg and a healthy, vibrant future to gain! Quietly started on 15 Jan 2015 and reved it up a notch on 17 Jan and stuck to my 500 cal, collected a headache along the way 🙁 I read the book in one sitting and although very committed at this stage recognize that support and sharing will be an important part of the journey. Checked scales this morning 2.3kg down yay!! Will be fasting on Monday and Thursday and give myself flexibility to change days when needed. Hubby planning to start this Monday. Take care and hope to chat soon

Xo jggme

Hi guys can I join you as well
    Have about 70 lbs to lose
    Started last week – did try this last year but fell off so here goes again
    Lost almost 2 kg in first week so well pleased !!
    Fasting tomorrow and thursday so got my porridge ready plus celery you can eat 100 g and its only 8 calories also low jelly is good if you want something sweet
    Hope everyone has a good week

This is my second week. Lost a bit last week, but had 2 parties yesterday, so don’t really want to look at the scale. I will check on Saturday.
    Tomorrow is my first fast day of the week. I am sort of looking forward to it!

Hey, I started Jan 3,with 176 pounds to lose, ( yes that’s a whole other person) with 5:2, Mon/Thu. Didn’t lose a single ounce though I have been faithful and even worked out the first two fasts. I decided to ramp it up to 4:3 this week and walk everyday. I had been riding my stationary bike because it was cold out then I braved the cold and found I really don’t mind walking in it at all. Back 28 years ago, before I married a carb addict, I use to run 3 miles a day no matter the weather. But I got lazy and so now I’m paying for it.

I can’t bear to take measurements so I’ll just go by the way that my clothes it, and by the scale. I’m actually pretty fit for my size because over the years I have worked out with free weights as well as doing aerobics, step aerobics, pilates, Zumba and any other fad that came along. The only way I ever lost weight was with a plan called ‘Your Last Diet’, eventually giving up all sugar. I do believe in fasting though as a health measure and I feel really good.

My main goals are to get off my blood pressure medicine eventually as well as prevent diabetes which runs rampant through my family for 3 generations, besides losing the weight which will help both of the above.

anybody else have this much weight to lose?

Hi Everyone,
    I have 70lbs to loose so hope I can join you all too. This is my first day today after weighing myself for the first time in a few months. My sister has done this diet and said it was the best one she had found.
    I am looking forward to getting back into shape and hope we can share tips, recipes and support!

Hi everyone. welcome to all the new people! Best of luck. I was supposed to fast yesterday but it didn’t work out!!!! So I am fasting today instead. I can do this!!! A positive thing I have noticed is that my face is looking slimmer! Whoop

HI, can I join in with you all as we seem to be starting at the same time. I am setting myself a goal of 100lbs which seems huge but I am in a very positive frame of mind. Did my first fast yesterday and though it was hard I stuck to it I am proud to say but the hardest part was coming home and not having a glass of wine. So onward and upward and I feel like as long the diet does what it should and the weight drops off then it has a chance of having a great outcome.

Hi everyone, Ive been looking through the active posts on here and this one seems to fit me the best. Ive a long way to go and started last week. Because of the way I work b2b seems the best way for me. I found it fairly easy last week and today am on my first fast for this week. Just had omelette with smoked salmon, feeling quite full, I dont intend to eat again until about 7 this evening wish me luck.

Hi. I’ve just signed up, and have either 66lbs or 88lbs to lose.
    I might split the difference and go for 77lbs. I’m feeling a bit apprehensive, not sure how the fasting will go for me. I lost a stone very quickly on a low carb diet, then stuck and never lost another ounce, despite keeping to it most religiously for another 5 months. I have a combination of medical conditions which will be greatly improved by losing weight, but they also mean I can’t exercise much. However i guess that applies to most people, and I have to start somewhere, so here’s hoping!

Second fast day today, don’t feel quite so hungry yet as I was starving all day on the first fast day. Ate normally yesterday and strangely my tummy was quite rumbly all day which I didn’t expect. On the upside I have lost 3llbs which I know will be a lot of water but it’s still good to see. Am optimistic that this really could work for me as I love the fact that it’s only two days a week.

Have read the books, watched the videos, followed some other forums and signed up for the tracking. Still need to find an online calorie tracker (free) that doesnt try to hook you into all sorts of other activities. I think I’ll just buy a book.
    I’m slowly realising that I’m going to be at this probably for the rest of my life. I already eat close to or less than my TDEE, generally, and cant exercise beyond a slow walk,but something has to be done, and this still appeals more than anything else I’ve tried, or read about.
    So I’m starting on my first fastday on Monday. Not feeling too anxious about it, but we’ll see.
    Back to the planning, matching cals to foods and amounts. Feeling hopeful.

Well 3 weeks in lost nearly 3 kg so a slow start – started to do more exercise and generally watching what I eat !! Fasting this week on Tues and Thursday so wish me luck

Go High jump! Well done. I can’t report a similar loss but thats my fault, not the diet’s. I don’t know why but the minute I’m “on a diet” I start to eat more thatn I would normally. “Can’t waste this, I’ll start tomorrow”, “Cant do it properly today, I don’t have the calories well enough sorted”,”I’ll just empty the frig first” etc etc etc
    I’m very disappointed in myself, because I can see what I’m doing but I keep doing it.
    However…there’s always tomorrow.And if you can do it I can too.Good for you.

Hi everyone I’m in my third week, weigh-in on Wednesdays for me. I have lost 4lb total first two weeks, hoping for a loss again this week. I have approx 70 lbs to loose. It took a good many years of failure at different diet regimes and eventually throwing my towel in the ring. That was until I saw the Horizon programme and saw the light, bought the book and decided for the sake of my dodgy knees as well as the other unfortunate afflictions of an ageing body this would be “Last Chance Saloon” So if you don’t mind an old codger becoming a fellow buddy of Y’all I’d be very glad to make your acquaintance( is that how it’s spelt in these here parts)

Yours faithfully QuickDrawMaLucille

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply.