Breakfast I've said it before but for me the key to dappening the appetite

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Breakfast I've said it before but for me the key to dappening the appetite

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Delayedgratification 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I love breakfast and food.

I have found my successful fast days have only come from when I’ve skipped breakfast. The slightly annoying point is I can feel “less on the ball” and as I posted recently (and Amazon kindly answered and gave me tips) I can feel a bit faint.

If I get to 9 am without eating (I’m up early each day) I can achieve the fast day (800 kcal for me).

I’d be curious to know how many others have found this the case. If I have anything for breakfast, that’s it the snacky monster arrives.

I’ve posted a few posts this am, I’ve had a few coffees and feeling very encouraged by my recent achievement of two days on the 800 kcal Fast!

Hi D,

I will fail 5:2 if I eat breakfast – for both fast and slow days.

If I do (at around 7.30am) then I will feel very hungry at 10.30am and I must eat. This will add too much calories even for slow days. My slow day limit is only 1500 calories.

So I skip breakfast everyday. Fortunately for me I don’t usually feel hungry in the morning. Black coffee (no sugar) helps to suppress my apatite. Yesterday I managed to fast from 7pm (previous night) to 6.45pm without any calorie intake. Yes I also skipped lunch on fast days.

Of course it’s not easy when I feel the urge to eat. Drinking hot drinks, keep busy, going to bathroom, have a chat with someone seemed to help.

Good luck!

It has always been the case that if I eat breakfast I am hungry all day, I think about food constantly and end up eating a staggering amount. So I never have breakfast. I have a firm rule about never eating before noon and preferably not eating until I have finished my work for the day. As soon as I give in to temptation and eat breakfast one day then I have a hard time stopping myself from doing the same the next day and a vicious cycle starts where my eating quickly get out of control and up goes my weight. I know that if you can control yourself and eat earlier in the day it is better healthwise but it just doesn’t work for me as I would end up eating four times as much every day.
    But I am perfectly happy when I don’t eat until late afternoon. I actually feel much better and have more energy. I have maintained a healthy weight for over a year now having lost almost half my bodyweight.

Well, for breakfast I’m eating a fruit and an energy bar on my way to work like 8 AM, it’s keep me full until around 11 AM, then I’m eating a mid size meal.
    Between launch and dinner I’m having another fruit or energy bar or a small sandwich.
    And in the evening like between 5-6 PM I’m eating a large size meal.

I’m with fatrabbit on this one,
    I eat breakfast every day but rarely before noon and the longer I go without eating the better.

When I get up in the morning I am always thirsty but rarely hungry and if I do feel anything akin to hunger I know it is actually a craving due to not eating wisely the evening before. The only thing eating early in the morning ever did for me was set me up for a day of over-eating.

I am just adding to this this is still the case with me. Breakfast and hungry all morning. Without breakfast not hungry. Even on my “overeat days” on a non breakfast day they never reach what I can eat on a breakfast day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.