Brand new way of thinking

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ksea 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, I am 51 and probably a typical dieter. I have about 70lbs to shift so a long journey ahead. I have been overweight to varying degrees for most of adult life and tried and failed at lots of diets and exersise regimes. I don’t know why I fail because usually I start to reduce my weight but then give up. I eat reasonably healthy, cook from fresh daily and rarely have take outs. I don’t eat or buy sweets but am likely to partake if there is cake at work. I do like things like bacon sandwiches though. Pretty sure my problem is portion size and not enough excersise
    As I’ve got bigger I’ve struggled with bloating and feeling uncomfortable which I hate and my legs and knees are starting to hurt so I’ve got to change.
    I started 5 2 nearly 3 weeks ago and have lost 7lbs. The biggest change for me has been the energy levels the day after a fasting day, I’m feeling great. I use shakes on my 2 days to ensure I don’t cheat with portions. The biggest change has been my mindset. I no longer think, oh I will just have that bacon baguette and be good tomorrow(which never comes) but now it’s. I only have to be good today and tomorrow I can have a bacon baguette. What’s even more surprising when tomorrow comes I’m not bothered about the bacon and actually not really bothered about breakfast.
    I know I’ve got a long way to go and this change is new but so far I’m feeling really hopeful that I am finally helping myself

Hi, Ksea — I like the idea of using shakes on fast days. I wish that I had thought of that. Shakes would have made everything easier for me (no incessant calorie counting) and are actually pretty filling, as I remember from having tried a few famous brands. I also like your attitude of saying that tomorrow never comes. Seven pounds in three weeks is a lot of hard work!

Hi Chaya

It really hasn’t been hard work but it never is when I start a new sort of diet. Just hope this lasts. Feeling really good at the moment. My fasting day was yesterday but I didnt eat until this evenings dinner as wasn’t feeling hungry or craving anything( this is really unusual for me) I’m finding the changes in my head rather fascinating.
    My bowel movements have changed and I don’t think my body knows what’s hit it, I’m assuming this will settle down with time.

7 fasts =10lbs lost
    Still enjoying this and the scales are no longer my enemy.
    I haven’t yet added exercise to my regime but I will soon. I monitor my sleep with a Fitbit and it improving all the time. I know it’s still early days but I am really hopeful that this new way of eating is the answer for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.