bowel issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LuvThis 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello im new too this but i have bowel issues and docs told me for a long time its ibs but now im being reffered for further investigations app not till mid feb. Yesterday was my first fast and weirdly i felt great untill 7pm last night went i ate a low calorie protein bar and now today im cramping and in pain too point ive had to start my meds again today. Can anyone just advise me if things like this get worse before better doc seems too think resting my stressed symtem on fast days is a good idea.

If it was a “low calorie” protein bar, I’d be willing to bet it had artificial sweeteners in it, which are notorious for causing GI issues.

hi this are the ingredientsraisins* (99% raisin, 1% sunflower oil) (38%), dates* (28.5%), coconut* (27.5%) , cocoa nibs* (4%), cocoa powder * (1%), water (1%). May contain nuts, sesame seeds, soya, gluten and milk. *Organic certified ingredients. Nothing artificial was quite low cal though 146 calories

Raisins and dates are both super high in fiber! That may have been the cause. I remember reading a thread a long time ago dedicated to this subject – a little digging may be able to find it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.