Bovril is a life saver

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Bovril is a life saver

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  QuietOne 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hurrah for Bovril! 50 calories on my fast day. Something for lunch instead of just water, and hopefully I’ll avoid the headache this afternoon.

I’ve got come Vegetable Bouillon Powder to try as well.

What do you do to get over the lunch bump if you’re missing lunch on your fast day?

Hi Luiz,

I’m a fan of marmite or miso, must admit I’ve never tried bovril!

Make your own beef bone broth, you control what is in your broth. There are a ton of recipes out there for bone broth http://wellnessmama.com/5888/how-to-make-bone-broth/ is the one I tend to stick with. I do use LOTS of bones at least 5 lbs at a time. My butcher saves them for me as I ask and cuts them into 4″-6″ lengths.

Make a gallon or two at a time and freeze it in 2 cup portions. I use zip lock bags placed inside Tupperware containers and put in two cups of broth and freeze. Stack them up in a corner of the freezer. You could just use Tupperware containers and skip the ziplock bags but I tend to run out of Tupperware. I freeze about 8 containers at time. Then stack the frozen ones then fill and freeze the next batch.

Put a few in the fridge to thaw and you’re good to go. Pour the broth into a mug, pop in the microwave for a minute or so and you’ve got prefect broth hot rich mouth feel love and nutritious broth. Take a thermos with you to work. 15 calories a cup maybe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.