Blood sugar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PJBR 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I tried this diet a couple of years ago and I ended up with a severe case of gout in both feet. I was taking hydrochlorothiazide as part of my blood pressure medicine, and didn’t realize at the time that it increased the level of uric acid on my blood. The effect of the drug was increased by the fasting. The excess uric acid was deposited in the joints of my feet. Cold weather contributed. I tried to do the diet again but when I stated to get gout again (uric acid deposits in my feet) I stopped. About a month ago I got a scare. My blood sugar was 122 which is prediabetic (125 is diabetic). I decided to try the diet again. This time I took steps to manage the gout and halved the hydrochlorothiazide (frequently monitoring my blood pressure) and was able to stay on the diet. After 1 month, I tested my blood sugar again and it was 98 (in the normal range). Anything below 100 is considered normal. I couldn’t believe it. I was hoping it would be down a few points but didn’t expect to get such good results in only one month. It has really encouraged me to continue. I wanted to share this in case there is anyone in a similar situation.

Thanks Jimarther. Love hearing peoples good news stories. They keep me going.

Good going, Jimarther,
    I live in Canada and used to be on hydrochlorthyazide but was told by my doctor that “they” are not using it any more and was put on chlothathadone. (spelling on those two medications?) instead.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.