Best recipes for feeling full

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Best recipes for feeling full

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve just completed my first week on 5:2 and so far so good. I’ve spread my cals across lunch and dinner. On my second IF day I had the tuna & cannellini bean salad from Michael Mosley’s Fast Diet book for lunch as my main meal of the day and I have to say I was completely full afterwards. It was probably more than I would have eaten for lunch normally, and on far fewer calories, but I didn’t have any hunger pangs at all that day. I was wondering if anyone has any recipes that are as filling as the T&C salad.

I think the key is getting plenty of protein and plenty of fiber.

Omelettes and frittatas can be very filling if you load them up with plenty of low-calorie vegetables like spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, or zucchini and add just a tablespoon of feta or parmesan cheese.

A big bowl of miso soup with an added 100 grams of tofu and 100 grams of shiitake mushrooms can be quite filling.

Also a piece of white fish baked with lemon or lime juice and scallions or fresh herbs plus a big pile of roasted low-calorie veg (plenty of mushrooms and plum tomatoes, smaller amounts of carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, sweet onions — just use a calorie counter to figure out how much of which) with a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar on top.

These have been some of my fast day standards so far, I can make them come in at 300 calories sometimes even leaving room for an added salad and/or for a small piece of fruit. These meals also make it easy to just add rice or potatoes on the side for the non-fasters in the family.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.