Benefits of Yogurt

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ayurvedaindia 6 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Yogurt with live active cultures can be very effective for lowering your cholesterol level. The live active cultures decrease cholesterol synthesis in the liver. Plus, thew probiotics also binds bile acids, which in turn helps lower cholesterol.

“Yogurt is called as a probiotics. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called helpful bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
    yogurt contains: Animal protein, Magnesium, Vitamin B-2, Vitamin B-12, Potassium, Calcium”

I think yoghurt is dreadful stuff. Full of sugar and marketed as healthy and the small pots are getting smaller and the large ones are huge.

Yoghurt is not dreadful stuff but like everything else it has been hijacked by the low fat myth and all the natural flavour and texture removed and cr*p added to replace it.
    Buy natural organic and discover what it really tastes like.

I have discovered kefir this past year…it has many more probiotics…I add it to a little yogurt…or to my smoothies….so good for you.

fHello all: I’m lactose intolerant so have been making my own yogurt for some time now by using lactose free milk and a yogurt starter, with a recipe I found online. I put no sugar in it and if I want it sweetened, I mix a little low sugar Smuckers jam in. I’ve also started putting 1 tablespoon of flax seed in it right before eating. Makes a lovely snack and my body loves the way it’s keeping me “regular”.

Hello all: I’m lactose intolerant so have been making my own yogurt for some time now by using lactose free milk and a yogurt starter, with a recipe I found online. I put no sugar in it and if I want it sweetened, I mix a little low sugar Smuckers jam in. I’ve also started putting 1 tablespoon of flax seed in it right before eating. Makes a lovely snack and my body loves the way it’s keeping me “regular”.

I like the sound of the recipe above have you got the link handy to the actual recipe? Or could you write a quick step by step so we can have a go?

Thanks

It helps your body to stay healthy…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.