Below original target weight, and obsessing about food and eating

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Below original target weight, and obsessing about food and eating

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  coldpizza 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I started the 5:2 diet in January 2015 and have lost four stone. I’m now trying to maintain the loss on a 6:1 routine, but I’m finding that I’m thinking about food a lot and am still losing a little weight, chiefly by making lower-calorie choices on non-fasting days. I know I don’t need to lose any more weight, but I still get a kick out of getting on the scales each week and seeing the numbers drop. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how have you dealt with it? Thanks for your replies.

I’d like to experience it but I’ve got a long ways to go yet.

As long as you are not indulging in anorexic behaviour, food obsession is one of the markers, nor are you deficient in vitamins or minerals there should be no real problems with being underweight. As long as your body isn’t feeding on itself to keep you alive. But this is my opinion and I’m not a Dr. or dietician nor do I play one on stage or TV so your mileage may vary.

The Normal Range of weights for age and height are at best a calculated guess and everyone is different. Have a body fat analysis done and that will sort it out. If you are still over weight or have a high % of body fat then loosing more weight is a non-issue.

Thanks for your reply QuietOne. Good luck with your weightloss journey.

Hi Silent,

I lost weight in 2014, and what you describe does sound quite familiar!

My original goal was 10 stone, pretty arbitrary, just based on the fact that I’d been that weight before! Anyway, 10st came and went and I eventually stabilized at 9st4 ish.

It was a novelty getting below 10st (I never thought I could lose the weight/ weigh this little!), and it did occur to me that I could just carry on losing weight and see where I got to. Also, I was quite scared of relaxing my eating and fasting regime and waking up a porker again!

But I knew I’d reached a healthy weight (and I’d be too thin if I lost more) and common sense kicked in, so since April/May 2014 the challenge has been weight maintenance.

I’ve set myself an upper weight limit, and when I’m at/ over it I fast/ am stricter on non-fast days, and when I’m nicely below it I relax a bit more.

It does depend a bit on what your goal weight was, e.g. if you were unambitious and could still drop a few lbs without becoming unhealthily thin then perhaps don’t worry. But if you are now thin/ low end BMI, then you need to accept that you’ve achieved your goal, stop losing and start enjoying your success.

Thanks HappyNow, that is very sensible advice and I will try to follow it. My BMI is at the low end now, so further weight loss is not desirable. Are you maintaining on a 6:1 regime, or just trying not to over indulge in general?

To be honest, my maintenance regime varies quite a bit.

I’m not hungry first thing, so most days my eating pattern is 16:8. I have also drastically reduced added sugar and processed carbs (weekends only, and not necessarily every weekend in the case of sugar – I’ve largely lost my sweet tooth).

In summer, with longer days and more exercise, 16:8 is often sufficient to maintain. In winter, I do need to throw in some fast days (6:1 at most). At the moment I’m experimenting with 24 hour fasts and then a ‘normal’ (not calorie restricted but not a binge!) meal.

Also I do weigh daily, as do many of the maintainers, and will adjust eating accordingly.

I love your name btw! My old cat was a master of the silent miaow in his senior years 🙂

LOL! It is soooo motivational to see that some successful fasters are worried about being too thin. Thank you for that post!

I am looking forward to discuss the issue in the near future – 30 lb left to my goal. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.