Backslide – encouragement needed

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Backslide – encouragement needed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  QuietOne 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone! Pre-Christmas I was a 5:2 success story. I had lost 7 kilos, bringing me down to 57 kilos (I am 49 and 5 foot 1), into healthy weight range at last and no longer pre diabetic. Then came Christmas, a holiday away and then a trip for work to the US and now I am sick in bed with a headcold. My husband and I started fasting again last Thursday, so we are getting back on track, but yesterday I got on the scales and realised I had put overall 3 kilos back on.

I feel so disappointed in myself and I think I feel panicked that all is now lost.

Do any of you have backslide stories or words of encouragement?

I would say take each day at a time. Concentrate on a successful fast day to recommit to the process and yourself. Once you get past one it will start to flow easier. You already lost that 3kg once and it ought to be easier to shift the second time. You can do it!

Thanks Cath! Since posting I have kept religiously to the fasting again and as you say I am back in the flow of it. By beginning of this week 1.5 of those 3 kilos had gone again and I feel re-energised. I am living proof that a backslide doesn’t mean all is lost. It’s just a glitch!

I don’t call it backsliding and just say I went the wrong way, I just hit reset and get back on track.

All is not lost you’ve done it once and you know you can again. It is just getting on track. Don’t forget to readjust your TDEE each time you drop weight your TDEE will go down as well.

I eat (try to) for what my weight should be, not what it is. That way when I hit the weight I should be I won’t have to shift to a maintenance mode as I’m already there.

Jan 1 I was 236.8 pounds (107.4 Kg) today I’m 196.8 pounds (89.3Kg) I started 5:2 for health benefits of which I’ve found many ie. no longer pre-diabetic, COP under control, much improved arthritis condition and more. The weight loss really is a bonus. So when you go the other way just hit the reset button it works

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.