Back to 5:2 after 6 years of maintenance!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Back to 5:2 after 6 years of maintenance!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Popping in to say ‘Hi’ to everyone 🙂

I did ADF way back in the day when it was a little known thing called JUDDD. Lost a chunk of weight with it and then used 5:2IF for a few months as I transitioned into maintenance. Since then I’ve been maintaining within a 15lb range doing some 16:8IF, regular calorie tracking over on cronometer and then experimenting with what foods I eat, (moving more towards a Blue Zones style of eating).

Anyhoo-now 6 years into maintenance and I’m wanting to get to the low end of my maintenance range, and get back into the 120s. Been doing regular calorie counting since January and have lost a few pounds (aiming for .5lb a week since I’m already at a lower BMI), but have decided to jump back into 5:2IF to get rid of that last few pounds. Afterwards I’m thinking of doing 6:1IF to keep my maintenance range locked down a bit tighter.

Today is my first ‘fasting’ day in years, wish me luck 🙂 I’ll be doing 600 calorie fasting days (Mondays and Thursdays), and have my food list written out and ready to go. Hoping there’s still active people on these boards doing 5:2IF yet and we can connect 🙂

Good luck, VeggieGirl! You know from past experience what it takes to succeed and that you can do it. My husband and I have been Fasting for 6 years now, managing to stay within just a few pounds of our Target Weights. We also Fast on Mondays & Thursdays, in the 600 cal range. Glad you remembered to write out your foods and to plan ahead — that is so key!
    Keep us all current with your journey.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.