Back on the wagon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• In 2014 I lost around 8 kg following a Monday/Thursday 5:2 fasting regime and got down to 65 kgs which is about right for my height (5’5″) age(58) and frame (curvy, big bust, skinny legs). Over the years between now and then I have toyed with intermittent fasting finding Monday easier than Thursday and to be perfectly honest not really committing to it for longer than a couple of weeks but my weight has been reasonably stable so it hasn’t bothered me too much.

Yesterday I weighed myself for the first time in a few months and was horrified to find myself at 76.4 kgs – an all-time high for me. Lots of reasons – holidays, lack of exercise, general over-indulgence – but still quite a surprise as to how high it is – about 10 kgs more than where I am happy.

So I am committing to going back to a regular twice-weekly fast day (500 calories – mostly at dinner time) and from next week will try for Monday/Thursday.

This week I am fasting today and will try for Friday as well but won’t beat myself up if I only manage one day this week.

Today I am committing to return to the 5:2 regime that was successful for me 5 years ago and to lose those 10 kgs. When I lost the weight in 2014 I was quite active on the forums and found it helpful, hence this post. I will endeavour to update every few days with how I am doing, how I am feeling, and what is working well for me.

Nice to have a plan and be ‘back on the wagon’.

FD – today for me.

Nice to meet you – cheers for your journey. You can do it!

Julzau, glad to have you back with us. I often wonder what causes people who have been doing 5:2 quit… Well, you are back again and you know it works. Good luck and keep posting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.