Avoid wheat

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• If you cut wheat from your diet, you may find that it helps you in your quest for better health.I have been wheat free for 3 weeks now. What did it do for me? Elimination of IBS symtoms within 24 hours, and much sharper mentaly, no brain fog.I have lost 4lb just cutting wheat.Next week im going to combine the 5:2 with the wheat removal; i will let you know how i get on.
    If you are interested im sure you will research wheat free, but let me give you a tip: you will stop buying things in packets, because wheat is everywhere! I should mention wheat and gluten free is what to aim for

Nope! Love my bread and I don’t intend cutting anything out on this ‘diet’. But……. whatever floats your boat/ works for you!:)

As we all know from planning our fast days, wheat flour is a high calorie food and it’s in a lot of things. Even if you don’t have celiac, you probably have a problem with overeating and eliminating wheat, by drastically altering your eating (and reducing it), will, for a short time, make you feel better. In my experience though (I’ve tried this a few times now with various foods), eventually you learn to compensate and are overeating again without wheat (or whatever food you’ve eliminated).
    Many wheat items are high glycemic and should be avoided in any case, but for me, like ChrissieinBrittany, I’m not giving up my whole wheat bread and other healthy wheat items, because the fasting alone works great for me.

Yesterday I innocently started watching an online video featuring American cardiologist Dr William Davis. I stumbled on it as I’m interested in low-carb eating.

He reveals what’s been done to wheat over the past 30 – 40 years and why it’s contributing to rising obesity, food allergies, diabetes, blood pressure, dementia, balance problems, addictions, IBS, reflux, arthritis, crohn’s disease, asthma and possibly autism, migraines and more.

He explains that the protein gliaden is the problem in the wheat grain, not so much gluten. Gliaden is apparently an opiate that causes appetite stimulation. And explains why wheat is now included in commercial foods that previously never had wheat, eg soup. He also reveals the dangers of gluten-free products.

I had no idea about this secret manipulation of our food, let alone the extent of it. (It may explain why some even struggle on the fabulous 5:2 strategy.) Today I did a search on the forums to see if it had been covered, but couldn’t see it, so will post this in a couple of threads where wheat’s been the subject.

Urge you to watch. It runs 55 minutes and pre-dates his book. The message is SO revealing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47QlothkpsE

Heather

Hey bennyboy, you never told us how it went!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.