Auto Immune Diseases – Pulmonary Sarcoidosis and some!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Auto Immune Diseases – Pulmonary Sarcoidosis and some!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rio mantiri 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have recently started the 5:2 diet. I have to loose weight as my diseases are worsened by being heavier. I have multiple diseases and use oxygen, and currently in heart failure and have really bad osteo arthritis. I am 56 years old. I will be interested how this works out. I have lost the weight before on a 1200 calorie diet but with maximum amount of exercise each day ( this was too much for me). I have never been able to get rid of sugar from my life, but to kick start the 5:2 I decided to do a few weeks of Blood Sugar diet, and now after 4 weeks it has gone from my life(yeahhh).

Is there anyone else with auto immune disease doing 5:2? How has this effected your disease process?.

Hello,

Sorry; I do not have auto immune disease and really regret that you are in such a situation, and suspect you have already heard about the science going around in the background, like the results relating to multiple sclerosis which touches upon the auto immune element of what you write. But if you have not seen these relatively recent updates, then it is worthwhile and really interesting to check e.g. this video (again, sorry if you have already seen it). I have a neighbour with MS and suggested the same to her so at least she is aware of what is going on in this area. Then everyone is of course free to decide what feels good for them but it does seem that it is really worth considering fasting for your conditions, of course getting your doctor’s advice for it first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PyyatqJSE

Good luck and wishing you relief from your conditions!

Tobias

Hi Treste, there are a few people here with auto immune diseases (eg RA, ME/CFS, lupus & MS).

I have rheumatoid arthritis and polymyalgia. Like you, I also have to be very careful with my weight and just a few extra kilos can have a dramatic effect on my inflammation levels. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and felt so much better for it. Late last year I regained 9kg and my inflammation levels and other disease symptoms flared. I started 5:2 in January to get those kilograms off. It took 3 months but was a lot easier than any other diets I’d tried so I have stayed on the program since as it helps me maintain my weight. My inflammation levels came down, which improved my disease symptoms and actually made it easier for me to be a little more active.

As with most others with auto immune diseases, being active can be difficult sometimes. But even with a low activity level I lost weight slowly on 5:2.

Well done on cutting sugar. I still have some – mainly sugars that naturally occur in fresh fruit & veg, dairy, legumes and high fibre grains. Although you don’t have to cut out sugar to do 5:2, a lot of people report that they find it easier if they do. It is important to find the way of using 5:2 that suits you best in the long term, as this program is best if you treat it as a long term plan rather than a short term diet. Something else I found necessary was to be aware of my TDEE (see the “How it Works” link at the top of the page), and to stay under it if possible on the days I wasn’t fasting. When you aren’t very active this is a challenge.

I really hope this works for you and you start to feel better.

i have read some of the autoimmune disease in some site. and i think this site is explore all the type of the autoimmune disease.
    5 List of Autoimmune Disease

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.