Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,201 through 3,250 (of 14,786 total)

• Hey FB, what an amazing feeling to be able to get into those smaller jeans and how lovely of your hubby to make such an affirming comment. Also great proof that this WOL works on so many other levels besides weight loss.
    Welcome, Miss Yellow – you have certainly chosen the right group to join and I wish you the very best of luck. Keep reading the posts and let us all know how you are getting on.
    Doggy – hope Pepper settles down soon. I have been doing a brisk hour long walk with my mutt every day this week – good for her and me! To be honest, she takes me, not the other way round!! Well done on your 2cm lost from your waist – brilliant!
    Suejen, continue to be kind to yourself, you certainly have alot on your plate (no pun intended) at the moment and a difficult few days ahead. Safe journey x

Morning team, FB if we ever needed proof this WOL is working you just got it all in a nut shell, WOW GIRL congratulations. I agree, the scales are not everything, we have been geared to believe them to be the only guage to follow but we have all shown that to be incorrect. Fit, love your positive posts, keep up the great work. Well a very very hot Sunday today so pretty much just pottering inside for me, over did it y’day with mowing etc so kicking back giving my back some rest, planning next weeks meals day by day on MFP so easy and no surprises or blow outs! Well, I can hope. Stay cool team, be kind to yourself, to our Qld members, watch for snakes if the floods are close to you and stay safe, you are having a rotten time we know. Today is PLANNING day team for tomorrows fast, just so so easy, look forward to your cleansing fast, and enjoy the accomplishment by days end. Don’t sweat the small stuff, life is too short for regrets, Have a happy day, you deserve it. … 🙂 CG xxx

Good morning Team, Welcome Yellow… Hope you enjoy being part of our very supportive and encouraging thread. Enjoy the journey of 5:2 and its benefits…. We will all be there in the ups and downs of your journey. Be open with us and we will rally to help with any concerns that you have.

I am fasting today …. find it to taxing at work to fast. Monday is a big day always so I need my fuel.

SUEJEN- so pleased you had a happy birthday. Take care over the next few days with your family and this sad time … My thoughts are with you. xxx
    To those preparing for you fast YOU CAN DO IT ! ….Each of you are well experienced in this by now…. Your results are proving it. These plateaus are a pain … we each have gone through them. As FLEMMY has said “STICK TO THE PLAN” and we will get over it, Its my 2nd week of my plateau, I now its all occurring on the inside , the lost cms are proof of that.
    BE STRONG WITH YOUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION…..YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!……GO GAL

Hi everyone. Fitoretire I’m sure Pepper will settle down eventually. Unfortunately he still has not had his last lot of shots, so I’m not able to take him for walks yet. I always enjoyed long walks with my previous lovely Golden Retriever. Last night was a tad better. He slept right next to my bed. Unfortunately when I got up to go to the loo he woke up and took a while to settle again.
    Last night I started watching a doco that Michael did on the 5:2 diet. It’s probably all in his book. He did emphasise that the benefits of losing weight are not only feeding better about oneself. There are also huge benefits for the prevention of cardiovascular disease plus certain forms of cancers. Evidently if we carry on with the 5:2 for a year or more we reduce the risk of catching these diseases but as much as 95% well is that not worth doing. I’m going to watch the rest of it later on today and will keep you posted.
    It’s not just about a month since I started on the 5:2 diet. I have noticed that I don’t get as hungry as i used to. And can no longer face as big a serving as I used to.
    I’m getting myself prepared for the FD tomorrow.
    Cheers all and we can do this.
    Doggy

Thankyou all so much for your welcomes, my internet is sporadic at best so hopefully I can keep in touch often. I can’t wait to get to my computer tonight and read back through all the posts since mine. My phone doesn’t let me go back or follow the thread properly!

Day 1 tomorrow!!

Hope everyone is safe in the wild weather in QLD and the heat in Adelaide 🙂

Hi Team my last post for a few days most likely. Had a good fast day today. About to go and cook scrambled eggs on toast with a little cheese for dinner. Hoping that will bring the weight down a bit from the Yikes number this morning after yesterday’s yummy lunch. Just planning to have an egg for breakfast tomorrow & then manage as best I can with what’s available on the road/plane after that. Simply planning to make the best choices out of what’s on offer when I can – with a little extra thrown in at times. Not sure when I’ll weigh in officially next? May skip this week and weigh-in on my usual day next Tuesday. That gives me time to hopefully either have a little loss or get back to scratch.
    Have a great week everyone & stick to your plans, especially if you’re fasting tomorrow. Remember all those kilos and centimetres that have come off, the improvements in health everyone has been telling us about, and the fact that we FEEL better/healthier/lighter/more mobile/more upbeat/more energy. What’s not to like team??!!! suejen

Hi suejen, all the best with your sad time away, our 5:2 is always here so don’t be hard on yourself. I’m glad you enjoyed your birthday lunch as you should. Many find they don’t put much on when away a week or two on holidays, 5:2 is so forgiving and if you do gain a little a couple of fasts will get you back on track. We look forward to your return…CG xxx

Hi all!
    Wet, windy, miserable Sunday here in Ireland after very heavy frost last night! Don’t think I will make it out for a walk today – maybe burn a few calories doing the ironing which is piling up to the ceiling!! 🙁
    Countrygal, if I am writing positive posts, it’s because the wisdom and support of all of you have made a huge difference to my attitude in the last few weeks. When I think back to my first sad and sorry post, I am amazed at how far I have come. So thank you and everyone else on this thread. I’m so loving being part of this little community. Thanks too for the timely reminder to plan ahead for fast day tomorrow – it’s a great idea.
    Doggy, I’m sure your little pal will soon settle and you’ll be out and about in no time enjoying walks together. I totally agree with you about the long term health benefits of 5:2 – the research is very promising. I’m also finding that my appetite has changed in the last week and I definitely eat less on nonfast days.
    To anyone on a plateau – stick with it, you are still reaping the health benefits and training your body to adapt to a healthier and sustainable life-style.
    Best of luck for week ahead 🙂

Good morning team HAPPY FAST DAY this is what keeps you healthy, this is what our 5:2 is all about and THIS is why you are losing weight! With the planning you have done and the knowledge you have gained with past fasts, you are on your way. YOU CAN DO IT keep the fluids going, your positive attitude and your AUSSIE DETERMINATION working for you, before you know it, the day will be over and you’ll be feeling so proud that you have succeeded with another fast day.
    One thing I wanted to touch on today is changing moods. I have rarely had a temper, I’m usually such a positive thinker, glass half full type of person, I do hurt easily and resort to tears, in private, rather than retaliate, I tend to walk away rather than stand and fight, unless protecting my family, when I’m a lioness! But, I have had about two weeks of feeling flat, negative, defeated, just generally down, nothing I did could snap me out of it. I started reading of others going through mood changes, I guess the mood we get depends on our nature, but the good news is, it has all passed. I had a chat to GG the other day, as well as my daughter, and somehow the “blackdog” has gone! I am back to my old self and it is all behind me. The reason I’m telling you this, others seem to notice mood swings too, so if you do, ride it through, most of all share it with someone close who has YOUR interest at heart. I don’t know if it is ALL 5:2, it IS a complete change of life style, of eating, weather it’s the body and mind altering, I don’t know, BUT IT PASSES. Take heart, you have become a new person since starting our 5:2 journey, you are not the same person you used to be, your thinking has changed and it is all for the better. Realise this is all normal, I take it that sometimes it may be short lived, or continue as with me and maybe living alone had something to do with that BUT I’m on the other side now, and ready to concur whatever life offers. I hope this sharing helps you, it maybe outside influences too but the way I was handling things left me weak, BUT NOT NOW….I came through it and so will you.
    Have a happy positive day team, DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, regrets are a waste of time, look at it as another lesson in life 🙂 🙂 this is YOUR life so live it….. CG xxx

Good morning team to those in Oz & hi Fitoretire & goie more / aand Flemmy.
    Ireland sounds cold and miserable at the moment. I have a niece in the UK who’s is also whinging about the weather. I too would rather be staying in and doing the ironing. Ghastly chore that it is.
    Countrygal I’m so pleased for you that the blackdog has lifted. I think I told you that i too suffer from depression. unfortunately if I don’t take antidepressants I fall in a heap. No doubt that’s one of the reasons for my weight again. I too am emotional and take things to heart. I guess its our personality type. I have found since starting the 5:2 that my mood is quite boyant though. Please feel free to share your ups and downs with us.
    Pepper slept better last night and I’m not feeling so sleep deprived which is good. FD here too. I’ve just had fish and an egg for breakfast. I have another one on standby for lunch or afternoon hunger niggles.
    Miss Yellow I hope you get your computer sorted out. Good luck with you Fast Day. It’s not difficult once one understands the basics. As other have said before me. Be kind to yourself. If you have the odd overindulgence day, there is always tomorrow.

I am glad you are feeling better Countrygal. I guess we are pretty tough on ourselves sometimes. We have great expectation of this WOL and when it doesn’t happen exactly the way we want it to, such as fast enough, we get down more easily than we otherwise would. Then we start to blame ourselves as if it is somehow our fault that we have plateaued or eaten normally. We start to get a bit guilty about eating normally as if it is a major crime, even though we actually know it isn’t. So we kind of set ourselves up for these little mind games.
    On the other hand, maybe some people pin their hopes on weight loss solving all their problems and when it doesn’t, and only fixes some of their problems, it can lead to disappointment.
    Not that I am suggesting that that is the reason for your particular case CG, just generally thinking about it all!
    Whatever the reasons for our mood swings which may after all have absolutely nothing to do with our 5/2 journey, we do need to accept it and hang in there and seek support somewhere.If not closer to home, then it is good to know that there is always a supportive ear or 50 on here!
    You have helped so many people CG, I hope that you continue to allow us to help you and that the black dog has skulked far, far, away!

hello all AD’s… back from my holiday..!! Did a road trip to Melbourne, Adelaide and now back and 2 kilo heavier than when I left..!!! Was 77.5, 2 weeks ago and now back to 79.5. But not worried too much as I am going to loose it very soon.. !!! Starting back on my fast today..!!! Good luck to everyone who is fasting..!!!

Thanks team for your ongoing support, I really feel back on top again. Even with the weekend heat, just caught up on so much including doing the fridge (again) and the plastics cupboard (a personal triamph) amongst other things. Running a small property isn’t always easy, but just love the life style and I do get hard on myself never wanting my place to look like ” it’s obvious theres no man there” but if anything it’s better kept than most places around here mainly because I love it so much and I’m very proud of it. Had a ball at aerobics today, then the manditory coffee which I have allowed in my cals for my fast. The only reason I mention my change in moods is so many others on different threads seem to have the same issue and we haven’t covered it, so going through what I did, took advantage and basically shared it in case you have or get the same problem apparently it’s normal and expected.
    Fit and Flemmy with our heat I envy your cool weather with homemade soups etc but it’s all salads for me at the moment (getting buck teeth and long ears) Doggy so glad the little guy is settling for you, give it a week and he will be looking at you as Mum and missing no one else.
    Uptight, I agree with all you say, we all react differently to things and with a life style change as ours, who knows if that is the reason but does seem common.
    Lovely to see you back Pree, 2k’s is nothing, by then end of your fasting week all will be as before,possibly fluids, road trips can do that so head up, stay positive YOU CAN DO IT.
    Again have a lovely day team, enjoy the cleansing of fasting, embrace the gurgling tummy eating up all the excess fat … 🙂 it’s working!…… CG

Thannks CG, your encouragement always work.. 🙂 there is a banana walnut loaf sitting on a table next to me which one of my colleagues brought in .. and I am not giving in..!! 🙂

BTW has anyone experienced dizzyness or lightheadedness on fasting/non fasting days with this WOL? IN last few days I have been a little light headed, not necessarily on fasting day..!! Got it checked with my doc and the blood tests done..which all have come back normal..!!! Docs couldn’t tell anything and said it could be some viral thingy..!! I was wondering if it could be related to fasting..Has anyone experienced anything like this. ?

Hello everyone

CG thanks for sharing about moods. I think most female epecially have down times. You just have to work through it.

In my weight drop off journey I have discovered that when the weigh drop stalls bit, I have emotional barriers to break through without stuffing myself with food I have to deal. Sometimes a couple of weeks to do.. I am dealing with this now, as well. We can do this. CG you will probably see the 60’s this week you see.

Pree being lightheaded I now have some salt during my fast day and take magnesium tablet every night. Just try and see.

Hope everyone is doing well in fast Monday’s

HI everyone! So much to catch up on and too many posts to comment on! I will surely miss someone…..Doggie glad that Little Pepper had a more settled night and you as well! I had a giggle over you dog proofing your house…..we have a spiral staircase with no back on treads that used to worry me about Chester…..one day I was upstairs and he decided to join me…..got to the last three steps and tried to leap them, missed, tumbled down to about middle of stairs….me with hand to my mouth thinking he would surely slip through, fall and break a leg….he scrambled up and then went slowly down….had another attempt later in day and made it! Now he’s up and down them all the time….loves sitting on spare bed and looking out of window, surveying his kingdom!

FB how wonderful about the jeans….what a boost to your confidence as well as getting nice compliments from hubby! You are a star!

Pree….that gain is just temporary, you will probably lose it next two fasts….I’ve had some lightheaded moments lately too….been checking my blood pressure (have a BP thingy as I used to have to monitor it because it was high) and it’s been a bit low, which I am used to as I quite often had low pressure in past, just have to stand up slower etc….not saying this is what you may be experiencing, just thought I’d mention

CG….so glad you are feeling better. It’s hard when the blues hit you isn’t it? I’m sure the plateau will eventually shift. You have such a positive attitude and great perseverance…not to mention TINY HIPS!

Went out to dinner for hubby’s birthday with friends on Saturday night. I wore a strappy dress and my usual little cardigan wrap…..had to take it off as it was very hot in restaurant…..YES I HAD MY ARMS OUT IN PUBLIC…haven’t done that is a long time, but they are firming up and looking OK. Hubby told me later on when we got home that I looked ravishing!

We are both fasting today and going strong, have a good one everyone!

Greetings AD’s…… The fast day is nearly over….. I fasted today instead …. All went well even though at work…. Being in the right frame of mind certainly worked.
    AWWWWWW the sunning fox ! how lovely of Hubby to say that. AND you showed your arms … soooooo proud of you!
    Gals n Guys CG and I skyped the other day…..She has a really cute derrie… well down CG.
    PREE-WELCOME BACK- keep up your fluids, sit in the cool air and try not to do anything strenuous have a teaspn of cottage cheese to help a hunger pang and try Bali’s suggestions … all good advice. As already said the next few fasts you will be back on track.
    FIT- I can hear the wind roaring out on the moors, the rain beating against window paynes , open fire , the sureal grey and darkness of the sky, the clouds sliding across the moon!.Sipping a glass of red…etc I am a romantic! It must be cold for you…Would you like to house swap?!
    DOGSABIE- so glad to hear Pepper is calming down. Hope all continues to stay well for you.
    Enjoy your evening and dinner!………GO GALxxx

Wow, Gogal, what a picture you paint! I’ll have to look at my surroundings through your poetic, romantic eyes in future! Woke up to light covering of snow this morning – you never know what you’re going to get next in this part of the world. Looks beautiful but unfortunately, we ran out of home heating oil overnight and can’t get a delivery until tomorrow….. so we’ll be wrapped up in layers and huddling together for warmth until then. Not the best circumstances for doing FD, but I’m determined not to be put off track. Starting into lots of housework now to keep warm, so I’ll have lovely clean house and burn calories too…. what’s not to like about that?
    Doggy, glad to hear Pepper settling for you.
    Foxy, sounds like you looked gorgeous on your night out, think I’m a long way off baring my arms, so well done you… that’s amazing!
    Bali and CG – so agree that emotions play large part in this journey, especially hard to remain upbeat when plateau hits or when the things that worked before suddenly seem to stop working. So well done for sharing these issues with everyone here. It’s good to know that we all hit bumpy patches and that we can get through them too. You are proof of that 🙂
    Pree, I’m sure that weight gain is just temporary and will be gone soon. Sorry don’t have words of wisdom to offer re lightheadedness, but reading other posts it seems that lots of fluids and a little salt seem to help.
    Warm wishes to all for the week ahead. Xx

Hi all! Switched round my Soup Days for now so today I’m making vegetarian chili. Ran out of tomato sauce (passata) so will be substituting with tomato paste and mix that with water to get a sauce. More kcal, though, because it’s concentrated. Has anyone ever done Tthat?

Logs of plateau talk here. Been up myself (though I don’t really have a weight to strive for anymore so maybe I’ve just reached natural maintenance). I’m not going to log but I’m going to fry to cut down treats this week (after last weeks cake/fries/soda Fiesta), and I’m going out for sushi on Saturday. We got a groupon coupon for miso soup, 3 spring rolls and 22 pieces of sushi for €15 per person. I’ll be rolling home 🙂

CG, no sign of your plateau being over? For me, the change of season always messes me up but you guys seem to not have that problem just yet. Just waiting for the Spring to come round but it’s starting to get a bit warmer finally.

Pree, I user to get Dizzy all the time, even before 5:2, because I have low blood pressure. It got worse the first few months on FDs. Now I seen to have been mostly cured of lightheadedness all together. I don’t crash anymore like I used to. So if you don’t suffer from it usually, I think it will Def go away when your body adapts because my dizziness has improved across the board after a while. I used to get Dizzy standing up several times a day. Now maybe twice a week.

Good morning team, Fit, your home sounds so pretty. Good time for plenty of low cal home made vegie soup to keep you warm, I hope for your sake the guy wth the heating oil gets to you quickly. Flemmy, I’ve put my scales away for a couple of weeks, they became an obsession and it wasn’t doing me any good. I’m doing 4:3 again this week, in the hope it may kick start things again for me. As I’m not overly hungry my over all weekly cals are pretty low I think my system went into storage mode, if that exists, after being used to getting plenty of fuel (food) and now finding it gets so much less. I’m positive, plateaus are just so common on any weight loss diet, and I know I’m doing the right thing, this plateau will pass, I’m positive of that. I think my blues were a culmination of a lot of things but definately dietry as I’m not eating for emotional comfort as in the past, so a whole new WOE is affecting me. I’m bloody minded, full of AUSSIE DETERMINATION and will stick with 5:2 for ever. We seem to notice a plateau when trying to loose weight but we were all on a plateau before we started THINK ABOUT IT, our highest point was a plateau too!
    How did you all go with fasting y’day, have you noticed how easy they have become,and even this morning, you are not hungry? Try to eat as late as possible today to prolong your fast, even up to late morning or lunch with just fluids if you can.
    Have a happy day team, be proud of your achievements, you are in control now, not your cravings, your food choices are healthier so although slow, this marathon is working for permanent weight loss and a very healthy body. DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, and remember;
    TODAY IS THE TOMORROW YOU WORRIED ABOUT YESTERDAY,
    So enjoy each day, don’t wish your life away, enjoy the journey…. 🙂 CG xxxxx

Hi All. I have decided I can only fast one day this week between visitors and my husbands birthday celebrations. Don’t think I will even weigh in on Friday this week.
    I did try a pair of jeans on yesterday and the normal size was too big although the next size down, a 12 was a tad tight. Won’t buy them until I have lost a bit more. Although I have lost 6 and a half kilos, it seems that I lose from the thighs up and the chest down so still waiting for a bigger difference in the middle section but it is finally starting to happen so it is exciting!
    Have a good day all.

Thanks GG and Fit, I did feel nice after hubby’s compliments! It’s amazing how much nicer you feel once people start noticing your weight loss…..like you CG, the amazing shrinking woman! I hope the 4:3 works for you my friend, I know a B2B got me off of 74 – 75….which I had been on for 6 weeks, felt like it would never shift, but it did. Like you said you have great AUSSIE DETERMINATION and you will get there!

Flemmy it’s great to read about what you eat and how you are maintaining your weight, it’s what 5:2 is all about And what I’m striving for. Had a sneak peek at scales today after yesterday’s fast and am down to 71.7 so have gone under 72, was hoping to be 70 by end of February, but have got to get more realistic with my goals….I’m losing about 2 kg a month, so will stick to a goal of that

Uptight….enjoy your celebrations, you can get straight back into it after and no harm will be done. So great you are getting smaller, but I can share your frustration about being between sizes….most of my 14s are getting a bit loose and baggy, but my blasted hips (I’m an hour glass) won’t let me into a 12 yet, not in jeans anyway!

Had some lovely figs with my breakfast this morning. I picked them off of a tree at work yesterday….I forgot the sublime taste and texture of a deliciously ripe fig…..I GOTTA GET MORE…will be looking around the local fruit stalls and shops for them, the crows have eaten all of ours.

Good Morning ADs
    Wow, Foxy, bare arms, you did it. I am sure that you looked ravishing. What a lovely feeling, isn’t it?
    Fit, hope you get the delivery soon and beat that cold….
    Flemmy you are right,you don’t have any more weight to loose now, but love your determination and your planning for maintenance is very inspiring.
    Uptight, good decision for not buying those new jeans as yet, before you know, even that size 12 is going to be loose on you. Well done!!!
    GG, love your picture of Ireland painted with beautiful words 🙂
    Pree, welcome back, don’t worry the weight gain is also due to travelling and especially with the road trip, sitting position makes me retain water, so whenever I travel, even if I don’t eat much, i end up gaining 2 to 2.5 kilos and I am sure that it will come off you very quick.

CG and Bali, this stupid plateau has hit me really bad as well. I did b2b on Sunday and Monday still 70.9 kilos. Arrrrghhhhhhh!!!!
    Howeevr, I know that I am losing cms as clothes are fitting better or getting loose 😉
    I so wanted to see those 6’s on the scale before i go on vacation, but looks like not going to happen as I leave this Friday. But, I am a lot lot lot happier this time around than 4 and half months back as it is a loss of 14 kgs in this time.
    Bali as you said, I stepped on scales and started to associate other little things with the number on scales not moving. Then I had to do a pep talk to myself and got out of that zone as I was getting sad because of nothing. I was concentrating more on that last 1 kilo left rather on those 14 kilos lost already. So, today I am happy and positive and not worried with that plateau as I know things are happening inside as they have happened before.
    Anyone fasting today? Good luck to those fasting today and others who are not fasting, eat healthy and stay strong… Love… FB

Hi all!
    My heating oil arrived ahead of schedule so we’re all toasty warm again. Phew! Went out for coffee with my sister, sister-in-law and my daughter. Shared a slice of chocolate cake, even though this is my fast day. In the past this would have completely derailed me, but I came home, entered the calories in MFP, adjusted my evening meal to suit and came in at 501 cals for the day!! Am so proud of myself.
    Flemmy, I dream of the days when I’ll be able to maintain the way you do, you’re an inspiration to us all.
    Foxy and Uptight, I bet you will be in size 12s in no time. You are both doing so well 🙂 It is frustrating when the weight comes off the wrong places, but eventually you do get smaller all over.

Hello ADs. I’m afraid my little beastie woke me before sparrows this morning and I’m feeling really tired. As I also live next to the bush, it used to be the Wattle birds or Kookaburras that woke me. Now I swear it’s Pepper that wakes them! Not to worry it’s nothing that won’t improve with time.
    Pree you say you had your blood pressure checked. I’m on medication for high blood pressure. Since starting the 5:2 my BP has dropped significantly. So much so that I’m going to ask my GP if I need to adjust the dose. It’s just a thought. I know a low BP can cause dizziness.
    My FD went OK yesterday. I was quite a bit under my TDEE.
    Countrygal after watching Michaels Docco on the 5:2 – He fasted from breakfast until dinner time which was about 12 hours. I wonder if you might try this in order to move on from the plateau. It might be worth a go. According to him the idea is to actually shock your body into changing the way it metabolises food. Just a thought.
    Cheers Doggy

Hi team, Doggy, I find eating breaky makes me hungry, it seems to waken the “dragon”. Going all day with out food I find quite manageable on fast days but will have lunch on non fast days, so hoping the 4:3 will get things rolling but appreciate your suggestion, I have the doco recorded too and watch it every so often which is a great inspiration and what started it all for us.
    Foxy and Uptight, size 12 will be there very soon for you and maybe already is with different cuts from different shops, funny how 3 different sizes can all fit just as comfortably …but we like to see the smaller size on the lable. But you are doing so well girls, you have so much to be proud of and WE are different shapes so scales don’t always tell it as it is. Some of those super models are very big framed girls, but it’s the shape which is deceiving. Unless of course they are anorexic and who’d want to look like them?
    FB you are our champ of recent times, your loss and dedication has been incredible, just because a few grams are not going off the scales you have done wonderfully well.
    Have a ball on your holiday, please relax and hold that head high, you have worked so hard for it.
    Fit, glad your toasty and isn’t our 5:2 so flexable, especially using MFP to manipulate daily cals, I do the same thing
    Well girls have a great day, be proud of your achievements and enjoy our wonderful journey… 🙂 CG xxxx

Aww… This group rocks…. so good to recieve so many inputs and suggestions…!!! Thanks everyone …!!! As for my dizziness..low BP makes sense as I have been old in past that my BP ws low..!! may be I should invest in a BP monitor so i can check it when I feel light headed… rather thatn when I go to the doc and the dizzi spell has all gone..!!! Thanks again, and will try the salt and magnesioum tabs..!!! Good luck everyone fasting..!!! <3 <3

Morning team, are you looking after yourselves?. Are you loving yourselves.? Your the most important person you know, so treat your self with respect and kindness. You are usually used to putting others first but it’s time to get a bit selfish and make time for YOU, give yourself an allotted time, an hour or so to just BE you daily.
    Happy fast day to anyone doing 4:3 as I am. I am so back to being me I could be dangerous. I’m sleeping unaided again like a baby, feeling so very positive, loving life to the fullest and really feel alive. I’m a bit tender in the spine from aerobics two days in a row, but hay, at my age there will always be something! So pointless dwelling on negatives, just getting on with life best I can, knowing my limits helps but even them I push to the brink. Never say die!
    Have a healthy day of choices team, it will all be so worth it for you, no need to be overly strict but just mindful of portion sizes. Keep track with MFP of your cals and TDEE and you will be the winner. 🙂 CG xxx

Good morning everyone

CG is back you can hear your enthusiasm, that’s great.

I was very close to TDEE yesterday still a bit out of sorts. I think it’s the goal I set for February to loose the dreded 20kg only hit nearly 17. Not a fail but still mind games. Weight loss is not all about what you eat.

was going to do 4 3 but going to lunch with My Dad and Aunt today. Will find something healthy on the menu.

Have a great day

Good Morning ADs
    Beautiful day here in Melbourne today, a bit cold but I like it this way, so happy me. Got my iron infusion done on Monday and Oh Boy the side effects are hitting me hard. I was not told that I may even fell hallucinated. This morning, I asked OH, how come humans walk on two legs….. it was so unexpected…. LOL, I don’t know what I was thinking and why I said that but my body aches and head ache are accompanying the hallucinations. Still at work and fasting today. Top it all I have a presentation at work today. So, I need to do public speaking in front of approx 500 people for 10 mins. Cherry on top, it will be filmed as well. Positive- I feel very confident about how I look, so getting filmed is not an issue. Given I had to do this presentation 4 months back, I would have called in sick. Thanks 5:2 or 4;3 and all AD member for injecting that confidence in me.

So, fasting today, plan is to have lots of fluids and soup for lunch and Japanese style hard boiled with boiled veggies for dinner.
    I was going through my progress chart on MFP and noticed that all through Feb, I have only lost 600 grams and that too keeps on jumping up some days. So, officially stuck on a plateau for 4 weeks now. However, my cms are definitely dropping and I am feeling much more positive and active. So all those on a plateau, you are not alone. This will happen to everyone at some stage and I guess its a good thing as our bodies are adjusting something inside (for good)

CG, love your inspirational posts every morning (have I said that before? ) And so glad that you are back as yourself.
    Bali, enjoy the lunch

If my post doesn’t make sense today, then please forgive me as this may as well be a part of side effects that I am facing.
    Stay Strong ….. Love …. FB

Hello everyone! Funny all this talk of moods, plateaus and expectations from this WOL of solving ALL our issues. Well, I have been offline for a few days ‘cos was feeling all of the above 🙂
    Back to normal(ish) now, .5 kilos gained last week inspite of fasting etc still stubbornly sticking, but hoping to conquer it and some more weight this week. Lets see…
    CG, I am planning to do 4:3 this week (did only 5:2 last week) but as have rellies staying over, it may not happen… But overall, I have not found 4:3 much more difficult, just a bit of a pain to fit with one’s social/family life I guess.
    I saw a good saying at the gym last week:
    “WALK if you can’t run, CRAWL if you can’t walk, but never, ever give up”.
    I think our weightloss/health journey sometimes does slow down to a crawl,but because of our Aussie (and global!) Determination, we will never, ever give up!
    Cheerios team. May the gods of good health shine on all of us 🙂

Hi Lotus, funny how the blues hit a lot of us around the same time. I don’t know if it is dietary or expectations we place on ourselves.
    FB, good luck today, no body likes public speaking but you will shine now being the new you and I hope you feel the benefits of all the extra iron now in your system.
    Love the saying Lotus, we are all pretty much living that way as it is, WE will never give up, our AUSSIE DETERMINATION wont let us 🙂
    Bali I agree we tend to set the bar too high for ourselves, in the beginning we drop so quickly and expect and hope that will continue but common sense tells us it can’t possibly but we keep hoping. We can’t gauge our weight or progress on others, we are all individuals and our progress will be different as is our life styles BUT we don’t seem to be gaining with any significance just that usual little zigzag which is expected so with the knowledge that this IS a marathon and not a quick sprint, we all should be looking 12 months ahead, not weeks or months to be reasonable. It’s our WOL and WOE now, give it time, the journey should be enjoyed and embraced, that’s the exciting time not the destination, that will come in due course/time and having each other is our main stay, we are proving we are all human with the same issues and expectations but life goes on as it should and we are all here for the ride.
    Enjoy your day, you are what you think, don’t sweat the small stuff, think happy and you will be……. 😆 CG xxxx

CG – so good to hear you back in top form; it’s amazing the way you never faltered in your resolve to keep powering through and you never lost faith in this WOL. Just love reading your posts!
    Bali – enjoy your lunch out knowing that you can adapt your choices to suit your needs – that’s what so different about this ‘diet’ and what makes it sustainable.
    FB – best of luck with your presentation, I’m sure you’ll be brilliant and look terrific on camera!
    Lotus – sorry you haven’t been feeling the best but I think that’s exactly the time when you should keep posting and let everyone here help shoulder the burden. You are not alone.
    Weigh-in day for me tomorrow – also measuring tape! Don’t feel like I’ve lost anything so not really expecting any changes. Big thing is, I know not to feel down if that’s the case, because it happens to us all and will move again soon if I stick with the plan.
    Warm wishes to everyone 🙂

FB – all the best for your presentation. You will be great at it!

Fit lovely to hear from you my friend, stay positive in the knowing that fat gone will not return with your AUSSIE DETERMINATION, it may not show losses weekly but 5:2 is definitely working for you. Have a lovely day in that cool crisp air, oh it would be lovely to rug up, snuggle into a woolly scarf whilst out walking, but I’m in a singlet top and 3/4 pants….feeling confident in my 20k loss since this time last year, and have noticed the heat is slightly more bearable now I’m not carrying the excess, wonder if Winter will feel colder now?
    Have a lovely day 🙂 …CG xx

Hi All. I think I was whinging about having to celebrate my husbands birthday a bazillion times this week with family, friends etc and now I am going out to dinner tonight again. Why do these things seem to happen all at once? I have a visitor from Germany as well so much more being out and about and all that that entails. Going to a wedding on Friday and had hoped to have dropped a bit more by then. I will be lucky if I haven’t gained!
    Interesting about the iron infusion, FB. In a past life I was very anaemic, always sick with colds etc and permanently tired so I know that is the pits. In my case it went on for years as I thought it was just because I was a working mother of 4! When it was finally diagnosed it changed my life but no one ever suggested more than iron tablets (and some surgery!) Is it a drip of some kind?

So I will stop whinging about being forced to enjoy myself and move on! At least the sun is finally out off and on in Queensland so I can walk around a bit!
    Cheers.

Hi everyone. FR. good on you with your positive attitude towards your public speaking. Some people would run a mile at the thought of it. And to be filmed and feeling good about your appearance. That is so encouraging. CG and others, I too would love to be able to fit into my size 12 clothes again. Yesterday I was fossicking around in my wardrobe and found some nice tops that I’d forgotten I had , also size 12 pants that I’m determined to fit into again with comfort. Some of us have more weight to lose than others but we are all on the same journey. And what a happy family we are. I really have found since starting the 5:2 that I’m usually in an almost euphoric mood. It’s also so great to know that we are improving our brain function.
    CG I’ve meant to ask you, how are you going with your quitting smoking? The latest stats out re smoking are hardly surprising. I used work with the Anti Cancer Council in Melbourne supplying them with stats. It was pretty depressing work and I was actually glad when I left. I do get quite upset when I see young people smoking they just don’t seem to want to get the message. Mind you when my husband and I were overseas last year we noticed so many people in Italy and France still smoke. We are doing a much better job of it in Australia.
    My tiny Tim slept better last night so I’m not so grumpy.
    Cheers all and do keep on being kind to yourselves.
    DS

Hi gang…..

Well, I hear we’re turnin’ Yellow? Gettin’ Fittoretire?
    Suejen’s takin’ off (and the Gypsy might expire…..)
    The heat is on in Queensland and the Doggy’s in the doo
    But CG’s stayin’ cooool! There’s Go Gal! Comin’ through!
    Uptight ‘n’outa’sight!
    Over Pree dinner drinks, I often thought of you
    I drank to Foxycoxy ( ‘n’ been to Bali too!)
    Hell, I missed all you Fatbusters, but I kept me Flemmish curves!
    I came out smellin’ like a Lotus – stayed DETERMINED on me serves!…..MCB (the gypsy)

Woo Hoo! You mob, I had a great holiday and this morning weighed in at 86.2 kg! That’s .5 kg less than when I took off on my wild adventure to Tasmania two and a half weeks ago! Lord I had SUCH a good time! Sorry there was no internet reception to post mostly and couldn’t figure out how to do it on the phone anyway,(and I didn’t manage to get to Binalong Bay, Dogsabie, boo hoo, but I WILL be back!) plus I never had time to sit and figure out phones. So much to see! It’ll take numerous looooong posts to finnish bragging! What a beautiful place! And you all came with me. Lordy, I could hear you in my conscience every time I chomped on a succulent piece of grilled Salmon and said ‘No’ to the whipped cream and chocky cake (well… mostly..).

I never saw a set of scales and really didn’t want to look! But I aced the boggling hikes through airports like Melbourne and felt good the whole time. Sooo comfortable in my LOOSE fitting clothes. I went ballistic in the shops in Hobart and even found I could fit into some size sixteen bottoms! ( But may never get cold enough to wear them here! Talk about stepping out of the fridge into the frying pan!) I am still aping Jane Mansfield up top, but it is coming off my posterior end wonderfully!.

God is good! But being answerable TO YOU LOT IS EVEN BETTER! I wasn’t game to make a squeak until I had conquered the raving desire to restock my fridge with ice cream when the heat hit me on entering my mostly tin , VERY tropical, scrubline shack! Fair in the middle of this airless vacuum created by two cyclones (The gulf and Gympy way). I did find it hard to fast on Monday, (my hosts fed me soo well on a regular pattern) but the will is so strong to succeed I am not going to fall back into old eating habits. Nor did I, on the trip. Fortunately my Tassie friends are health freaks (and marathon hikers). Not to mention wine buffs. And I discovered dry white wine AND super dry cider! And the Tassie tea company, And roadside vendors selling fresh farm stone fruits, strawberries, raspberries. And, and, at Bruny Island, waiting for the adventure boat cruise, I was actually gorging on blackberries growing in massive briar patches on the side of the road! Thank god berries are the good guys!

So, enough about me. Sorry I haven’t had time to catch up on all posts, and probably won’t for a while till I get the wildlife under control around here (it appears the river pythons like aircon better than the bush, too, in this heat wave – but that’s another story..) . Please fill me in on the highlights, girls. CG, what’s happening with your back surgery? Did we Retrieve Andrew? Who’s done what to whom? Oh, and WELCOME NEWBIES! Appologise for taking liberties in rhyme, but, well, that’s just the way it is….. it’s your fault for inspiring me! I’m glad you’re all here to come BACK TO! Cheers! Gypsy.

3 BIG CHEERS & A HUGE WELCOME HOME……OUR GYPSY IS BACK!!!!! Oh gal you have been soooooo missed. So glad you had a amazing holiday. there is so much for you to catch up on . I think you are going to have to read all the posts. XXXXXX HUGS+++
    Well I have some very exciting news! I will be going to Melbourne in April to spend 5 wonderful days with FB & CG. its booked & paid and is going to happen & I am so excited!
    Doing 4:3 this week ,so fasting today. Have been keeping busy doing housework, totally absorbed at the moment and needed a break… what better way to see all your posts.
    CG – so good you are yourself ….I felt that in your email last night.
    FB- all the best with your presentation…. you will be very confident and perhaps there may be a few laughs during it. Hope you are ok with the side effects of the infusion.
    Bali have wonderful time with your Dad over lunch.
    Fit- good to hear all is warm and snug at your home
    LOTUS- love your AUSSIE DETERMINATION
    PREE glad your dizzy times have settled.
    UP- what a busy time you are having. You will be fine 5:2 will be there to take care of you when all the entertaining is over … ENJOY IT ALL!
    Ok that is it from me…. WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION…. STRONG ,CONFIDENT, HEALTHY and HAPPY……. The TEAM IS BACK TOGETHER…….GO GALXXXXX

GYPSY just reiterating what GG said, WELCOME HOME, your input and way with words has been missed. CONGRATULATION on the weight too, that’s your AUSSIE DETERMINATION at it’s best. So many find even when out of sync on holidays that they loose weight or only gain a smidge proving the versatility of our 5:2, watch out for the Joe Blakes, poisonous or not, they would be my greatest fear with the floods….and blinken spiders!
    Give yourself time to settle in, read back over all the posts, with a long long icy drink, and get back to us. Glad you had a wonderful holiday .. 🙂 CG xxxx
    ps GG, nice contact last night xxxx

Welcome back Gypsy.. What a cute Poem 🙂 Tassie sounds wonderful. Berries of the briar. so yummy…

Go Gal – hello and thanks for encouragement. How amazing you will be going to hang out with FB and GG in Melbourne 🙂

Doggy still getting off them, I’m using vaporisers which I was allowed to use prior to my heart ablation last year so they saw me through. Rather than patches etc, I see the surgeon next Friday so HOPE he will give me a possible date so will be keener when I have a date!
    Lotus we are catching up to support FB as she will be having her heart op at that time, and everyone needs support from friends….CG xxxx ( non of us have met face to face yet so looking forward to it and I’m sure GG and I will find time for a good feed and a few sips of something nice) xx

Thanks girls, good to be back online. Still haven’t read through more than this page, but sorry for being facetious Suejen, if your trip is not for happy reasons. We will be here for you whatever the case. Safe journey.

Gooo Gal! wow! You are all going to run-a-amuck in Melbourne, huh? Well good on you! See what you’ve created CG? We are becoming an international band of Wandering DETERMINATORS! Skinny as! Maybe meeting each other will give us all a reason to travel. I do know that having a friend in a strange land is so much better than being alone. I hope you have a wonderful time.

CG: Definitely great idea to support FB.
    We will be thinking of you too at the time FB, and sending you prayers for a quick recovery… 🙂
    Gypsy: Determinators like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Terminators?? “A’ll be Bak”

Nooo, lotus, Like US. we’re becoming a special breed, I reckon.

Hi Gypsy, so enjoyed your poem and description of your hols…sounds amamazing. Well done too on your healthy eating choices which have really paid off!
    CG, GG and FB – am thrilled for you all to be meeting up in Melbourne, how amazing is this way of life when you can lose (weight/fat) and gain (friends/support), all at the same time!! Best of luck FB with the surgery 🙂 CG, hope you get good news from the surgeon 🙂
    Doggy – so agree with you about smoking. I have two daughters in early 20’s and both have tried smoking a couple of times when out with friends. It’s the one thing I absolutely hate to think of them doing so I have had serious heart-to-heart chats with them and I think the message has got through….I hope so. I know alot of people trying to quit who say they wish they had never started, so I hope I have nipped it in the bud.
    Got to bundle up well now and take my lovely mutt for a walk before my french class. Sorry if I missed sending greetings to anyone, but will check in again later. Take care all you DETERMINATORS!!

Forgot to say that my weigh-in had mixed results…. no change in weight, but another half inch off waist and bodyfat percentage has also gone down, so it’s all good. Going out to lunch tomorrow with gang of gals. It’s supposed to be FD, so thought I might skip breakfast and just have soup for lunch and very light meal in the evening? Does that sound ok?

Good morning team HAPPY FAST DAY to you, Fit you have two great options, either skimp on lunch with something uninteresting or FAST TOMORROW, that is how flexible 5:2 is. But there are also some beautiful salads around, chicken Caesar etc which is low cal too, the choice is yours, but enjoy your time with your friends it is so important to live and not let 5:2 control your life, you control it.
    I’m still on 4:3 so fasting tomorrow, had a sneak weigh in this morning which I’m happy with but don’t want to mozz myself yet by saying it out loud so will hang off for an official weigh in Sat. just in case I’m in the midst of a zigzag.
    Been cooking up my tomatoes, so plenty for the freezer (ratatouli) (sp?) wonderful for winter meals or just added to soups or stews. Ready to start picking apples now, I think the cows and sheep will get more than me, I can only use so much, so will stew a lot then freeze in ice cube trays then into freezer bags, fortunately I love pork so yum with that, and mini apple pies made in large size muffin tray for freezing too, yummy winter sweats.
    Have a happy day team, regrets are a waste of time, the lesson is more valuable, don’t sweat the small stuff and of course, be kind to yourself.. 🙂 CG xxx

Good Morning ADs
    Biiiiiiiig Welcome back gypsy, you were missed a lot. So happy to hear that you had a good time away in
    Tassie.
    Team I am very excited to meet GG & CG in April. The feeling of meeting each other face to face n hugging each other is priceless. Thanks Lotus n everyone else for your wishes n support for my surgery
    Dogsabie, so glad that you could catch a nights sleep. I m sure things will improve very soon with Pepper’s sleeping pattern.
    Happy fast day to all fasting today. I fasted yesterday n planned to fast today as well, but got miserably sick due to the iron infusion that I got on Monday. Uptight, yes its a drip and believe me taking supplements is much better than getting this done. I was told side effects are rare n here I am 4th day after infusion having chills n fever, diziness, bad headaches, nausea n stomach pain. Top it all, my GP rells me to call Hematologist and when i called hematologist, left an urgent message, still no contact.
    I fly overseas tomorrow, its a long flight of 15 hours n here I am, cant even get out of the bed. So, believe me uptight, you are fortunate not to be given this.

I am nit fasting today, Michael even mentioned in book to skip fasting if you are unwell. So going to folllow tgat advise. BUT GOOD NEWS IS THAT I WEIGHED IN AT ……………..drum roll please…… Ta da ta da ta da……………… 69.5 KGS THIS MORNING.
    My legs started to shake when i finally saw that 6 on the scales. So, here is my brag
    START WEIGHT: 84.5 kilos on 4 OCT 2014
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 69.5 kilos on 26 FEB 2015
    LOSS IN 21 WEEKS IS 15 KILOS………..

Happy with this, and now just need to kick these side effects in the butt to get moving………
    Love FB

Hello to all and happy day for those fasting! I had a blowout yesterday after a good weekend and week so hope I haven’t done too much damage. Had some taxing news that I won’t share here, but hopefully we can sort it out without anymore emotional eating! Enough said 🙂

Welcome back Gypsy, loved your poem and description of your holiday! Tassie is on our wish list too…one day.. will look forward to your lively posts and antics.

GG & CG….what lovely people you are to support our dear FB! And what a great opportunity to meet each other and have some fun as well….have a couple for me!

FB….good luck with your presentation, the new confidence in how you look will make it a lot easier. I hate public speaking so am thinking of you.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,201 through 3,250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.