August Aspirations 2021 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August Aspirations 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 390 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Daffodil2010 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 395 total)

• second post

I’m feeling far better about the scales after writing down some numbers and studying what’s happening. Because of our Colorado trip, I’m missing over a week’s worth of July numbers, but on Monday, 7/12, I weighed 156.6, then on the Mondays beginning 8/2, I weighed 154.4, 153.8, 152.6, 152.2. The truly significant number is this morning’s compared to last Monday’s: I’m down .4 lbs. That’s after going out last Wednesday, eating half a peach pie (yup, that’s the sad truth) over the last few days, and 2500 calories yesterday.

It’s not a huge loss, but to have a loss at all, and especially after yesterday’s shocking calories, is so very encouraging.

So with a deep breath of determination and resolve, and lots and lots of delight that I’m slowly making progress, I’m off to be productive on this lovely Monday!

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

The two pounds if weekend still seems to be with me and I do not want this to be yet another one of those plateaus for weeks, then a sudden 2lb increase, then plateau etc etc…..that’s how I got to where I am right now and I cannot seem to lose the weight

Despite all my exercise, it’s not working. Today will be a proper liquid only fast day, there will be a salty broth thingie at lunch, loads of lemon water, and I have factored in some hot milk and nutmeg at bedtime (if I need the soothing carb calories for sleep). So calories, but not 500.

I am fed up with just getting bigger. It’s got to stop.

@EmmaTaylor glad I reminded you about the earthing sheet, it was you that brought it to my attention last year. A week is the longest I have gone without using it and we could feel the difference. I do still stand barefoot in the garden every morning with my tea, and I also have a grounding mat on my desk at work, so I am fairly connected….I guess with last week’s stress, emotion and excitement with DH and his birth mum, we needed more grounding rather than less, thankfully feeling better now.

Latest on DH and his new found family, he had a very long phone call with her at the weekend, he said he felt such connection with her. He is booking a ferry to go over to meet her in a couple of weeks, he is so excited about meeting her and his sister.

They have been exchanging texts and emails all weekend. DH took a photo of us with my eldest step daughter and our grandaughter and sent it to her Sunday and she sent back a photo of her when she was the same age as step daughter……the IMAGE of her! It’s so amazing to see my DH’s family opening up in front of him.

Have a great Tuesday. Best of luck to all fasting today.

Pocket List Day 24
    @daffodil2010

Day 24 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Yesterday didn’t quite pan out as expected, finished up with BBQ and beer with visitors, so have jumped on the wagon today and will have a FD.
    Going to get my act together, used to be a keen fly fisherman, lakes and river for trout. But since my fishing buddy of many years emigrated to be with his family, rarely wet a line, so as the autumn draws closer plan to get out with another old friend. Smoked trout on the BBQ? Yup ….

Take care all

Pocket List Day 24
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Day 24 – UK – FD

Yesterday’s FD was a write off… I had to eat a lot sooner than I planned to take some painkillers unexpectedly (a long stint on NSAIDs a few years back has made the stomach a little sensitive with pills nowadays, so I can’t get away with taking painkillers on an empty stomach / without some solid food in me). So I scrapped the FD plans and am going again today!

In a rush for calls and meetings this morning so going to have to keep this short & sweet, hopefully will be able to jump on again later.

Have a good day all 🙂

Pocket List Day 24
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b

Day 24 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Just a quick hello. I’m reading all the wonderful posts but not finding a moment to write. Like @high5 this month has disappeared so quickly! The scales are up but I’m not surprised, oh well, back on board this week 😊.

Pocket List Day 24
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @dvw

Day 24 UK NFD

Good start a couple of energetic Pilates sessions, aim to eat carefully – I tried my wedding outfit on today , the dress zipped up so that’s a relief , breathings another matter so I’m going to try and stick to the plan for the rest of this month 🤞

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Lots of nice birthday wishes today, and not a bad weigh-in gift, either! I have to keep my resolve going through September to analyze my habits and make better choices to continue the downward trend. Good luck to everyone today!

Day 24 – 2nd Post

@northgeorgia – Happy Birthday! 🥳 🎉 🎁 🎈 🥂
    Trying to behave myself, avoiding eating to excess. Can’t say the same about the alcohol 😳
    Going home Thursday, & planning on making it a FD

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

DH talked me into leftover tuna noodle casserole for supper yesterday, for fear it would start to go bad if we put it off until today and tomorrow. So I guessed what 500 calories worth was, and enjoyed it. Lots of pasta is not a typical FD meal, but the scale didn’t seem to mind, bringing me in at 150.2. Today, I have Omaha piano lessons, so I’ve decided what I’ll get at fast food places that’s reasonably healthy, and my calories will be under 800; that should make tomorrow morning’s scale number even lovelier, giving me lots of motivation to behave over the days following.

@daffodil2010 The stories you share of DH connecting more and more with his birth mom are so delightful; thank you for including us in the joy! As to why you’re not losing…I don’t know. Do you wear a fitbit, or some sort of step counter that can tell you what your daily calorie burn is? Have you done the math that totals what you eat for the week and subtract it from what you burn each week? That’s where I’d start.

@i-hate-lettuce Yummm! Smoked trout on the grill?? Sounds glorious!

@funshipfreddie I love that you’re still checking in each day as you visit your friend!

@babs_b You’re in good company with your abrupt change of FD 😀

@dvw It’s not a surprise that your scales are up with a move; that’s a huge stress! But, easy on, easy off: you’ll be back down in no time at all, I’m sure!

@brightonbelle Good for you on that dress zipping nicely. I wish you strong resolve as you try to stick to plan. 💪

@northgeorgia Happy Birthday!!! 🥳🎁🎂🎵 Your comment about keeping the resolve going in September makes me say that this month has been enough of a challenge for me that I’m a bit overwhelmed at the idea of keeping the resolve going all the way to Christmas, which is how long it will take to get to my goal weight, assuming I lose a pound a week–which is so far an overly optimistic assumption. So I’ll be right there with you in chasing down the resolve each month, each week, each day, and even each hour! You’ve had some great insights in the past week about why you’ve been on a plateau, so you’re on the right course to start a new downward trajectory!

Lots of quiet people lately. @bellyblast @betsylee @bigh @ccco @edzeko @flourbaby @jaifaim @lilymartin @litprof @lyndyhw @michelinme @missybear @penz @snowflake56 (who planned to be gone, but it would sure be wonderful to hear that she’s okay after all the flooding in Germany!) If any of you are reading this, know that you’re missed!

Pocket List Day 24
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @dvw
    @stitchincarol FD800

I got all the 156 pieces sewn together yesterday, and now I’m making progress on the pieced border, which turns out to take FAR more time than I’d realized, so it’ll be a slow and tedious process; I’ll keep sewing and let you know when I get to the end.

Wishing you all deep resolve and determination to succeed in whatever your eating goals are for today!

Day 24 North Canton OH NFD

Scales dipped to 164.2 this morning, 4.2 pounds to get to prevacation weight!

Happy birthday @northgeorgia, congratulations on the new low too, have a wonderful day

Happy Fishing @i hate lettuce, better you than me on that

@daffodil2010 a good water fast or liquid fast always shakes the pounds lose for me, I hope the same happens for you. The updates about your husband’s reunion with his mom are so heartwarming, thank you so much for sharing with us

I will join @stitchincarol in wishing everyone deep resolve and determination for success with your fitness and nutritional goals today.

Day 24 Canada NFD

A quick check in today before distractions of work and life lead me to missing out on posting again. All is well here and I am thinking I should be able to try a FD soon:)

@funshipfreddie happy birthday!!

DAY 24 USA – OMAD

August is moving along, well enough for me.

“Happy birthday, dear @northgeorgia – 🎶🎶 happy birthday to YOU!” 🎉🎂🎉 And here’s to many more trips around the sun!

@daffodil2010 – your DH’s new-found family must be so exciting, and yet fulfilling. So happy that conversations have gone well, and may the ferry trip be terrific!

@stitchincarol – happy for you to begin your choir again! We are still waiting for approval from the church where we rehearse and store our 9 file cabinets of music before we officially begin. Generally we have 10 rehearsals before our “Sunday before Thanksgiving” Advent concert. Here’s hoping it can happen this fall!

Onward and downward.

Day 24 Minnesota, US NFD

A decent FD was achieved yesterday. Tomorrow another FD before being off on a Holiday for almost a week. Woke to the sound of thundershowers, which was music to the ears in this area that has been in a drought for months. Weight 154.2 this morning.

@northgeorgia – Happy Birthday!

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Nice loss of the weekend weight, four years ago I would be doing a B2B FD but instead I am mindful and will enjoy the post FD day with small quantities of good nutritious foods. My second FD tomorrow.

@stitchincarol, I don’t wear a Fitbit anymore, I had one for many years but I got fed up of the tyranny of counting steps and calories. But thanks for the suggestion to check calories in vs calories out……however I also blame menopause for this huge slowdown in my metabolism ……I am hoping it ramps up again and I am doing my best to make it ramp up

Have a lovely Wednesday hump day 🇮🇪 Weather is great so going to enjoy my lunchtime walk in the Autumn sun

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@bellyblast – thanks, but it’s not my birthday. One per year is more than enough, and mine is in February.

Back to reality tomorrow 😳

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 25 Barcelona

@daffodil2010 – it might be worth getting your thyroid checked. I started putting on more weight than seemed fair a few years ago, plus my joints ached a bit, and it was an under active thyroid. Easy to sort out, and I was back to normal in a couple of months. One tiny pill a day.

Day 25 – UK – NFD

A belated happy birthday, @northgeorgia! I hope you had a good day.

Good work on the quilt, @stitchincarol. I’m yet to pick up either the knitting needles or crochet hook this week – I’ve ended up working every evening which isn’t my favourite thing to be doing but it does seem to distract me from eating!

@daffodil2010 I’m pleased the weekend weight has disappeared. I’ll be with you on the 2nd FD tomorrow!

I’m pleased to say I managed a FD yesterday after Monday’s false start. So it’s a NFD today (though sticking under TDEE of course) and will do my 2nd FD tomorrow.

The scales were slightly down (and I mean slightly…. a quarter of a lb) this morning. I did eat quite a few more carbs on Monday which was sparked by the need for substance with the painkillers combined with some comfort eating. It’s still a drop, albeit a tiny one.

I really must get out for some decent walks this week and might even venture out to the gym for the first time since before the 1st lockdown here in March 2020!

Have a good day all! 🙂

Day 25 UK NFD

Hope you had a good one @northgeorgia

Aiming for a controlled 🐫 day , fasting Thursday then gearing up for the “best” weekend of the month 🤞

Day 25 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

Good morning everybody. My apartment is sorted with just a few pictures left to hang – still undecided where to put them. This place is smaller than I remember 😬, ha, ha, ha. Today I may try the new little gym down the hall, very convenient. The scales say 134 today, after 2 low cal days. Not too bad considering the previous EFSing 😋. Tennis this morning and it looks like a lovely day out there.

@northgeorgia – I hope you had a very happy birthday. 🎉
    @stitchincarol – thank you for being such a great host this month! Sounds like you’re keeping busy with your quilt, quite an undertaking.

Take care all.

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Kind of suspected it. I hope I can keep it 225 or under by tomorrow morning, but unsure. I did a ZBC yesterday, and we had Chinese for lunch. I only had a sandwich for supper, but there was tons of ice cream cake and ice cream going around yesterday! Oops.

This morning, I skipped the oatmeal and went for a boiled egg and a piece of string cheese. My coworkers are planning some sort of birthday lunch out today, so here we go again lol

I still have my resolve, but I knew the birthday and upcoming Labor Day holiday feast days would interrupt. My next FD is tomorrow. I may break convention and eat a boiled egg and a couple of grapes in the morning as I’ll be busy commuting around most of the day. I hope it doesn’t stoke my hunger dragon!

Good luck to everyone!

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TDEE

I did well yesterday, coming in close to 800 calories; today I have a lovely meal planned, but it shouldn’t be too wickedly high in calories…I just realized I need to calculate them. My sudden and hard push is that I have set goals for various dates over the next months on my way to my goal by Christmas, and I really don’t want to miss this goal, as all the rest of them will fall like dominoes if I do. Fingers crossed that my determination will be enough for my body to reach the landmark of 147-point-anything by Labor Day, 9/6.

@basyjames Yay for terrific progress!

@bellyblast Glad all is well.

@songbirdme Wow–NINE cabinets of music??? LOL, that’s a BUNCH! I also hope you can do it. Do you broadcast live on FB?

@northerndawn I entirely understand the joy of hearing a thunderstorm; we had lightning around 2am, but not much rain to go with it, unfortunately.

@daffodil2010 Well, perhaps your metabolism isn’t cooperating with your weight loss goals, but it’s good news that the weekend weight is off!

@funshipfreddie Enjoy your last day on the coast with your friend!

@emma-taylor What a clever suggestion for @daffodil2010. When do you have your covid tests in order to be cleared to head home?

@babs_b Yup, I too look for ways to ensure I stay busy so that I don’t think of food. It’s amazing how little I care to eat if I’m busy, compared to how much I want to inhale when nothing much is happening!

@brightonbelle Hmmm…am I being obtuse that I don’t know why this weekend is the best of the month, or are you being intentionally obscure? 🤔

@dvw Wow, a gym right down the hall…very convenient, indeed! I hope it works well for you, and that your tennis is great fun!

@northgeorgia I always figure weight gained from a birthday celebration doesn’t count. 😉 Do you put what you eat into MFP or any other app? I’m thinking of @at who puts in her wine and special desserts, and then plans her other daily food around those. I’m not quite that far, but I’m working my way up to that kind of resolve. 😂

A member of our congregation died so today’s job is typing up the service folder, and tomorrow we’ll have the funeral. That will make minimal eating today–aside from the lovely salmon, roasted potato salad with barbecue dressing, and simple salad supper–easy, but will make tomorrow’s FD a challenge since there’ll be a luncheon after the service. So I will spend today thinking about that luncheon tomorrow, really visualizing the process of visiting with people, hanging around the tables of people eating, but not eating a thing myself. It takes lots of thought to pull of something like that, you know! 😁🤣

So I wish for myself and all of you the strength and determination–the resolve–to pull off whatever our eating plan is today; we’ll worry about tomorrow when it comes. 💗

Day 25 North Canton OH FD

I had a fulfilling NFD yesterday and indulged in a few treats but was happy to stay under TDEE. Slept relatively well and woke up feeling rested. I have completed my workout and today’s LFD is going well, I needed a crutch and I could hear my brain trying to slip back into old habits but a quick talking to myself stiffened my resolve, and I am enjoying my hot coffee with 2 TBS of HWC as I type.
    I decided to step away from the B2B FD for now. It was just setting me up for EFS on my NFD, I am really enjoying knowing that I just have to hold off on eating for one day and the next day I can have some of whatever I wanted as long as I stay within my TDEE. The scales are responding very well to this strategy and I feel more in control as well.
    @daffodil2010 kudos on the loss of weekend weight
    @dvw congratulations on completing the move
    @stitchincarol wish I could see your quilt, and I know you will keep your resolve-fingers crossed as well for you

I appear to be the only one fasting today. Anyone else?

Day 25 Pocket list
    @basyjames

Day25 USA – NFD

Yesterday did quite well about 1000 calories on a CD. Today … well, I had to get a McDonald’s quarter pounder with cheese while DH and I were out doing errands. Since ZBC was still in effect, I was plenty hungry for lunch. Leftovers for supper.

@dvw – yeah for you getting the move all done. Hanging pictures is always laden with decisions! How great you have tennis and exercise close by.

@stitchincarol – Facebook has some of our photos and concert stuff – Freeport Choral Society – if you care to check it out.

Onward and downward.

Day 25. Just! Barcelona

@stitchincarol – we had our tests today. All well organised and precise. And we got our results which were negative, thank goodness. My sister, who lives near Harrogate in North Yorkshire, just texted to say she has Covid. She’s very fit and eats well, so I’m hoping she won’t fall ill. Barcelona has been really lovely. I realised I was catastrophising ( that can’t be spelled right..). after being robbed, where I kept imagining the worst from every single thing that happened. Not like me at all. I’m the opposite of that. I tend to see every setback as a chance to learn something. A very annoying outlook to some people, I’m sure. Anyway, I’m trying to relax and stop thinking the worst. Back home Friday. I’m sure we’ll miss Spain.

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in as late to bed and late to rise. Stayed up with DH talking and drinking wine outdoors in the glorious warm night air, it was like Spain. After the wine I am not fasting today, but will be mindful.

Day 26 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

FD today and maybe a bit of a slower day? Yesterday, was a busy day, Mrs IHL and friends were having a garden party at a neighbours to celebrate a number of things, so us chaps did the ‘set up’ work, gazebo’s, bunting, chairs, tables and general fetching and carrying. Then out of the way so the lasses could have a good natter, needless to say at the end of the day we reversed the process, but between the 3 of us we were pretty efficient. The Ladies of the village are a brilliant bunch, very quick to volunteer, either individually or as a group, to help Mrs IHL with fundraising, in fact between them all we’ve raised a fair bit of money over the years for good causes, so they really deserved their celebrations.

Today, yes a FD, but the BBQ will be out later, amazing how much you can do on a BBQ and healthy as well! Latest discovery, slices of butternut squash grilled and can be served instead of potato or bread (instead of a burger bun we’ve just served a burger on top of a slice of squash, finished off with light grating of pecorino cheese, excellent)

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 26 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Good morning everybody. Just a quick checkin. Hope you are all well.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw

Day 26 UK FD

Sorry @stitchincarol it was a bit vague I meant “good” as opposed to EFS that’s still my aim , <500 cals today then Fri, Sat , Sun I need to relearn how to enjoy without going way overboard, I’ve done it previously it’s just a case of getting back into the habit

Your post made me chuckle @i-hate-lettuce When I first started dating DH he used to introduce me as R Lass 💕

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle

Have a good one all

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs (frown face). Well, I half expected it, after yesterday’s birthday lunch. Very nice but very carb-rich. Supper was small but also included pasta and a bit of leftover ice cream cake. Kapow! Resetting today. Not sure how controlled I can do the weekend, but will certainly pay more attention. I almost feel there’s a battle between my conscious and subconscious mind. Consciously, I have already learned what needs to be done. Subconsciously, I have to keep proving to myself how repeating what I’m currently doing yields horrible results, but it doesn’t seem to learn. I’ll have to get more strict on NFDs about meal times, meal choices, and quantities of food/drink and overall calories.

We can do this.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Must race out the door for the funeral; I’ll be back to chat later!

Day 26 North Canton OH NFD

Yesterdays FD was controlled, however I was aiming for a LFD, OH made a soup with smoked pork neckbones and I had some- the salt content was higher than I prefer and I did not drink enough water, so I retained a few ounces this morning which argh but not bad. I broke my fast this morning with my nuts allotment for the day and some coffee/hot chocolate, my resolve for the day is to stay well under TDEE. Meal for the day is planned, lower carb, high protein and I need to flush my system so water for the win.

@Northgorgia birthdays roll around once a year, so a detour to celebrate is definitely appropriate-now you can continue working on your long term goals- No biggie

@IHL your grilled buttersquash sounds very yum. I will try this over labor day weekend.

“The grass is always greener when you water it”-Anon. Note to self drink more water 😁😁😁

Have a wonderful day everyone

Da6 26 USA – NFD

Managing another ZBC day today. We have found a senior center that serves a lunch (really a full meal, a dinner) so getting their teriyaki salmon and rice today. The one meal we ate there last week was very good and nutritious. Happy to report no scale change today despite my McDonald’s quarter pounder indulgence yesterday,

@i-hate-lettuce – that garden party sounds delightful! How terrific that you and the chaps support the talented women in your town. Anything with a gazebo sounds wonderful.

@northgeorgia – I have every confidence that you will regroup after that birthday celebration.

Onward and downward.

Day 26 Canada CD

Have about 1000cal logged in MFP for the day, thankfully the bushfire smoke has been blown in the other direction so will be heading out for a long walk.

A very belated happy birthday @northgeorgia…..that was a pre coffee post @funshipfreddie

I haven’t had any alcohol for a month now and I am sure the wine was a big part in my extra weight. It seems like I am an all or nothing person in that department.

Hang in there everyone, this month is wrapping up quickly!

Day 26 – UK – FD

Hi all, it’s a later in the day post from me today because this morning I was busy prepping for a webinar on which I was a guest speaker… the first time I’ve been in that situation so felt the pressure to be very well prepared with everything. Thankfully it went well but I now feel like I’m on a huge come down! I can’t wait to get home, get into something comfy and relax a little.

The adrenaline has kept hunger at bay so I was firmly in the ZBC and have only had a light snack for ‘lunch’. Not my usual FD soup but the cals were around the same (150 cals).

@stitchincarol – sorry to hear you’re attending a funeral. I hope all goes ok

@songbirdme – great news the McDonalds didn’t impact the scales! This is one of the things I loved about 5:2 when I did it before… there was still a lot of flexibility in it

@bellyblast – fingers crossed you get out for a good walk. I really hope the situation is ok out there where you are, these fires are horrid 🙁

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @babs_b

Day 26 – Ireland – NFD ☀️

Hi all…. I am here! Thanks @stitchincarol… I’m having a busy time of late and am so unfocused so also failing in my usual daily check ins… ! I’ve been quite good this week after a weekend where I ate a few too many treats..
    Does anyone else feel like they just don’t have enough time in their days? How come some people can get so much done and I can’t?
    Or maybe it’s the things that I do… maybe too much time spent on my 🚴😊
    I hope that you are all well!
    @daffodil2010 I have just skimmed posts but see you are having emotional times. I am so happy for you DH that he had found his birth mother 🥰. I look forward to reading the posts properly later or over the weekend…
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Second post

I woke up at 1:20 last night/this morning and didn’t end up going back to sleep until 5:30, and then didn’t wake up again until 7:45–and I’d intended to get to church at 8:00 to pull and practice music for the funeral. Oops! I pulled off 8:10, however, so that was good, but that explains such a brief message from me this morning; you all KNOW I’m seldom so terse! 😂🤣😂🤣

Yesterday, I overate. That’s the simple truth. I was making some lovely food, and I got carried away. That’s a challenge I frequently face, that I cook something lovely, and end up eating other things as well, and too much of everything. So I need to be careful not to cook interesting things too often, so that I don’t feel as if I’m celebrating something, and get carried away. On the other hand, this is supposed to be a way of LIFE and cooking new recipes is my life, so I’m going to employ lots of grace for those occasional days. 🥰

I’m truly pleased to have gotten through this morning’s funeral service without a single nibble, so I’m still on track for a perfect FD. And DH and I are going to Applebee’s for supper, where I can get a 530 calorie meal, so I’m looking forward to the treat of not cooking and still hitting FD calories.

@emma-taylor How’s your sister doing today?

@daffodil2010 What a lovely picture I have in my mind of you and DH sitting outside, sipping wine, and chatting together. That’s the stuff of lovely memories.

And I’m sorry to say that’s all the chatter I can pull off this afternoon; between so little sleep, so much focus on several new organ arrangements this morning, heavy focus on my secretary job afterward, and the resultant mild headache coupled with mid-afternoon-slump time, I simply can’t focus. 😜 After a full night’s sleep tonight 🤞 I should be back to normal tomorrow!

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Going out for dinner with my girlfriends tonight to an actual restaurant – first time we 3 have done this since……..possibly pre-pandemic? OMG. I am looking forward to it, although we have to show our vaccine pass and photo ID, it will be nice to have food served up in nice surroundings.

@emma-taylor, I took your advice and I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday and just going to ask for blood tests and get everything checked. Get my foot checked too as although the orthotics mean I can walk, I still have pain and hobble for the first few steps. Just have a full service really 😀

I can’t continue to not lose weight despite everything I do, and all the exercise and healthy nutritional food is probably helping things inside, but I don’t feel that well, hopefully there is something that can be done.

@stitchincatrol good for you having that busy day on little sleep. I hope you slept well last night.

Have a great Friday.

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

I’m home! And over a kilo heavier, despite yesterday’s FD. Could have been worse, I guess. And I’m determined to finish the month at a lower weight than I started. So, two more FDs to squeeze in before the end of the month. Anyway, I had a thoroughly enjoyable time. A couple of people I hadn’t seen for 18 months told me I was ‘so skinny’, although I’m sure I weigh roughly the same as the last time I saw them.

Boo Boo was delighted to see me; she made such a racket when she saw me. She was not impressed with The Cat’s Whiskers! Then when I got home our security guard pointed out that one of my tyres was as flat as a pancake. And as I haven’t changed a tyre since the ’90’s & was in no mood for getting my hands dirty, I bribed a young neighbour into changing it for me. It took him less than 10 minutes; would have taken me forever.

@stitchincarol – urgh?! Those sleepless nights are the worst! They just mess up your whole day. I didn’t sleep too well while I was away, although in my case it was because of too much alcohol 🤦

@daffodil2010 – enjoy the restaurant!

Day 27 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in, running a bit late, local farmers market this morning, only once a month so head into town and stock up our freezer today.
    Going to get on top of the garden this weekend, typical cooler nights at the end of August are knocking things back. Time for a good pruning session to make most of last bit of late growth and last flowering until the frosts arrive.

Take care all

Day 27 – UK -NFD

Well yesterday’s FD wasn’t overly successful and ended up being OMAD but that meal was higher in cals than I had intended. I was still under TDEE but still feel a bit disappointed I didn’t manage a perfect 2nd FD. Even so, the scales were lower this morning with 3/4lb off so I think I’ve now lost 3lb over the month so far. Not too bad considering I’ve done next to zero exercise and have had 2 weeks of 5:2 and 2 weeks of 6:1. It feels like I’m losing at a glacial pace day to day, but that’s just me being impatient!

I do really want to get another 4lb off within the next 3 weeks though….

@i-hate-lettuce a trip to the Farmers market sounds lovely. I’ve been enjoying the cooler nights but you can really notice it’s getting darker earlier now (or as my dad says, it’s getting late earlier nowadays!).

@funshipfreddie – glad you had a good trip. That kilo will come off quickly, I bet most (if not all) of it is water

@daffodil2010 enjoy the meal with your friends

@stitchincarol – that sounds like the perfect FD! Especially well done on getting through it with minimal sleep. I had a bad night’s sleep last night so feel like I’m running on fumes today… Fingers are tightly crossed I’ll be leaving the office early!

Have a lovely day all

Day 27 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

Just 5 days left in August and I’m .2 lb heavier than when the month began. Oh well. Still time to get a bit off with a couple of FDs. Since it was a month of upheaval I’m giving myself a break 😌.

@songbirdme – glad the big burger had no damaging effects 😬
    @stitchincarol – hope you get caught up with your sleep. Nothing worse. Urggg.
    @daffodil2010 – sorry to hear you’re still suffering with your foot 😞
    @babs_b – congrats on your successful presentation. I know that ‘flat’ feeling afterwards, so much excitement, nerves, adrenaline before and then it’s over and done so quickly!
    @funshipfreddie – so nice to have a little moggy to welcome you home.
    @northgeorgia – you’re right! We can do this.

Take care all.

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Not pretty for a post-FD. But it’s OK, par for the course this plateau year. Still, with better resolve and choices in September, things will improve. Happy Friday!

Day 27 Canada NFD

A quick check in before heading to start an early work day. Chicken shawarma pie from Falastin for dinner tonight. It’s going to be a small portion for me

Have a great day 😊

Day 27 North Canton OH FD

This month is flying right by, and it has been a good month so far; I am pleased with the mental and dietary changes that I have made

@stitchincarol ugh hate sleepless nights because they mess me up completely for the next day. I hope you enjoyed your Applebee date

@northgeorgia better resolve for September

@daffodil2010 so glad that you are getting checked out, with all the changes yo have made you really should be losing weight and/or felling better, also glad that you are getting that foot checked out. Pain really messes with our quality of life

@dvw good idea, grace during times of upheaval is very necessary

@babs_b congrats on your successful presentation

@funshipfreddie welcome back. OH hates changing tires too. You probably look skinnier, otherwise people would not say you do. We all tend to be harder on ourselves with weight loss and appearance. You’ve worked hard, take the bow 🥰

I will start a pocket list, although I appear to be the only one fasting today

Day 27 Pocket List
    @basyjames

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TDEE

Dinner at Applebee’s was a treat: 540 calories for grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and garlic mashed potatoes. That last tasted like a true treat and was perfect for getting through a long, long day.

As I was waking up this morning, I was contemplating what my eating plan is for today and the whole weekend until my next FD on Monday, and I was tentative on what I could ask of myself–and I stopped myself short and gave me a scold. “What do you mean, you’ll “TRY”?? Isn’t that the same as saying you’ll TRY to get to work, you’ll TRY to take off your makeup before bed, you’ll TRY to type up the minutes for the meeting? What do you mean, you’ll TRY????”

Well. Not the most pleasant to wake up to a scold, but I guess I’ve been set straight on how this eating plan thing works, eh?? 🤣😂🤣😂 So today is yogurt for lunch, a garden salad with shrimp for supper with some garlic bread (our indulgence for tonight) and a beer. Tomorrow, yogurt for lunch with a piece of toast, then a 50th anniversary party in the evening, but I’ll eat little and skip the beer there because it won’t be good…I’m rather picky about my beer, LOL. Sunday isn’t yet planned, but I’ll behave, because I gave myself a thorough scolding this morning, LOL!

The lovely thing is that the scales came in at 149.4 this morning, so I’m making great progress. My short term goal is 147-something by 9/6, so there’s a good chance my body will cooperate as long as I do my part.

@jaifaim It’s so tempting to compare ourselves to others, but that’s a horribly slippery slope. You get plenty done (perhaps your plants are watered more consistently than mine?? My poor petunias have been wilted MANY times over the last two weeks) and that’s all that matters. That pep talk said, I do know the feeling of busy and unfocused, but that will pass and suddenly you’ll feel like “I am WOMAN; hear me ROAR!” That, at least, in the cycle that I go through, LOL!

@daffodil2010 Have a GRAND time tonight out to dinner with your girlfriends! And how lovely that you’ve taken the bull by the horns and are seeing the doctor next Tuesday; it would be lovely if it were so simply as a deficient thyroid. And I did sleep well last night; I didn’t spend the evening sipping water, so I slept straight through the night for seven hours; thanks for asking!

@funshipfreddie Welcome home, and how lovely that so many thought you were “so skinny”! And, just in case it’s not clear, I’m certain my poor sleep on Wednesday night was because of all that eating I did…and, sigh, drinking. First a bottled peach sangria, then an inexpensive red blend we wanted to try out. So, hopefully you’ll sleep very well tonight!

@i-hate-lettuce When DH and I were in Germany in 2017, I was drooling at the gorgeous farmers markets there, and wanted so badly to buy stuff and “go home” and cook! What kinds of things do you get at yours? What’s the most unusual thing that can be found at yours?

@babs_b I was mentally phrasing how I’d encourage you when I read your dad’s comment: “It’s getting late earlier now.” That’s funny! I laughed a long time and am still grinning; thanks for sharing! As to your “glacial” rate of losing…yeah, we all want the weight off immediately, but don’t be so impatient to be lower in weight that you lose sight of the success you’re experiencing! You’re doing terrifically, and will indeed arrive at your goal weight. 💪👍

@dvw “A month of upheaval,” indeed. Giving yourself a break is the perfect response; you’ll be back down soon, and in the meantime, consider that during your packing and move, you could so easily have gained eight pounds, or something equally shocking. 🥰

@bellyblast So do you feel entirely recovered from your surgery in July? I’ll bet it was good to get back to work and back to feeling normal again!

@basyjames Fasting on a Friday feels like a huge challenge. I don’t even technically work, and I still have the mindset of TGIF! Although, given all the little jobs I have (church secretary, church organist, choir director, piano teacher, and sometime-editor) and all the volunteer jobs I have (I certainly won’t bore you with that list!), I clearly DO work, LOL! My point is that I love that little milestone of Friday evening dinner that feels special and a bit indulgent, so I don’t even try to fast on a Friday. How do you muscle-down and do it????

I’m making slow progress on the border for the quilt, but it’ll happen. Here’s a link to the website where you can find the quilt: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-box-kite-retreat-day-to-play.html The whole post is about sewing it, but you can go down to the point where there’s a video, and the shot before the video plays is the quilt I’m making, called “Box Kite.” You can see the center portion that I’ve finished, then she has a red border, and then there’s another border, pieced from triangles. THAT’S what I’m currently tackling.

I wish you all an abundance of resolve today, to swerve the simple “try” and instead of follow through on your eating and exercise plan for the day. Don’t worry about tomorrow; in the words of a famous parable, “each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Hugs, everyone!

Day 28 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Bank holiday weekend, not moving out of the village this weekend, well, not with the car anyway! Will go for a decent walk either today or tomorrow, depends on the garden progress.

@jaifaim – I find a day can disappear very quickly, I tend to have a ‘plan of attack’ for whatever needs doing, but then something (or someone) comes along and the day has just gone!

@stitchincarol – Re the farmers market, luckily enough we get decent suppliers round here, the ‘local’ supermarket, not a big chain, uses as many local suppliers as possible so get a decent choice, particularly vegetables. However, we had pretty much stopped eating beef, couldn’t get a decent supplier. But 3 or 4 years ago, saw an interesting farming programme where Dexter beef was mentioned. These are small cattle which farmers used to rear an odd one or two for the family. Needless to say not enough to supply supermarkets, but there are smaller scale producers and we found one from further up the county who visits our local market once a month.
    Never looked back, the beef and venison they sell is fantastic, the farmer is brilliant, very much a small concern and basically now has a full order book and when we collect our order there’s not a lot there for ‘open’ sale.

Take care all

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@stitchincarol – I don’t think the ‘so skinny’ comments were intended to be complimentary! They sounded more concerned than anything. Which is odd, because my BMI is about 22; perfectly normal. I can’t help wondering if people, especially older people who are a normal weight now look out of place in society, because the majority are overweight?

I saw this the other day; a new study citing the benefits of TRE besides weight loss
    https://www.iol.co.za/lifestyle/health/diet/time-restricted-eating-has-multiple-benefits-besides-weight-loss-study-finds-40e87387-d6a9-5660-b7b1-1bcf7fddf65b

Weird weather here. Yesterday it was pushing 30C, even though it’s not even officially Spring. Today it’s cold, gloomy & raining.

Have a good weekend everyone ⛅️🌈 ☔️

Pocket List – Day 28 🍋
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

I’ll join you today @funshipfreddie with a FD, it’s unscheduled but I feel my mojo returning. I think it’s because the scales said 132.2 today and I’m thrilled. Especially since yesterday I treated myself to a Frosty from Wendy’s, only the second one I’ve ever had. It really hit the spot after a particularly gruelling tennis match, it was hot 🥵 and when I finished my face looked like a lobster! Probably not a good thing, ha, ha, ha.

Have a great day all and especially to all those over the pond enjoying a long weekend.

Pocket List – Day 28 🍋
    @funshipfreddie
    @dvw

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 395 total)

You must be logged in to reply.