Anyone try 2 pm to 2 pm Fast Day?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  garypatt 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• I read in The Fast Diet book that doing the Fast Day from 2 pm the day before to 2 pm the day after is a little easier since you would be breaking up the 16 hours you are awake.

Has anyone done this and how was your outcome versus dieting on a full day like all day on Tuesday? Did the weight still come off? What did you eat in the morning before 2 pm? Was it normal non-fast food?

Hey B4, I’ve never tried that particular thing, but I do fast 20-23 hours a day, eating one meal every day. So a lot of my fasting hours are when I am asleep. I’m not sure how it compares to what you’re talking about, but it works for me and the weight is coming off!

Hi

I started with the 36 hour fast and had an awful night’s sleep so i switched to the 24 hours…generally 6pm to 6pm without the 500 calories, i was intending to have the 500 but just didnt feel i needed them. I find this simpler, i have a an evening meal and i am managing this Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Love it so far as it doesnt affect my weekends and im busy during the day so i am finding it ok.

Not i weighed myself when i started and will weigh once a month.

Since I don’t want to count calories (I’m bad in mathematics…) I’m fasting for 36 hrs followed by 12 hrs eating period (strict alternate day fasting). At the beginning, my weight was free-falling but since I’m getting close to my “should-be”-weight, the loss is slowing down.
    I guess, it doesn’t matter when you fast as long as you do it and as it fits into biological set limits (eating late or at night doesn’t make sense and counteracts weight loss).

Q

Hey Quizzle! Good to hear your way of eating worked for you πŸ™‚ I also do alternate fasting in a sense, eating 1 meal every day and swapping normal (1300 cal) and low (0-500 cal) days.

I do however disagree on your notion that eating in the evening doesn’t make sense. It actually makes a lot more sense than eating during the day. Let me explain it like this;
    Our bodies have been evolved for millions of years to be hunter/gatherers. Our bodies now are the same bodies they had 120,000 years ago. What they did was foraging during the day, or hunting, or walking to a new campsite with the entire clan / group of people. Then they would eat at night when the catch of the day was in.
    They also often had restdays when they had caught enough the previous day, so I guess they’d then eat the whole day long. However, eating at night makes a lot more sense when you look at it from our ancestors’ perspective! πŸ™‚

Hello,

Is it ok to do Alternate days (ADF) in the beginning to lose the weight quickly. I’ve got 15 lbs (a bit over a stone) to go.

Can I go to 5:2 for maintenance?

Can I do a pattern for example like this:

Before a fast, I finish eating at 8 PM the night before.

The next morning at 8 am would be 12 hours w/o food. If I wait to eat until 6 PM (black coffee in between however), that would add 10 hours, which = 22 hours now with out food (other than the black coffee).

Once 6 pm rolls around, I have my 500 cal meal. Off to bed and in the morning at 6 am, 36 hours would have passed, whereby I only would have consumed the main 500 cal meal.

So it’s 6 am the following day and I can eat my 1200 cals,(although, sometimes, I am not hungry enough, but some days I go over, depends).

My main question is, can I mix and match. Can I do adf for a few times, then go on 5:2?
    Does this plan require consistency (other than the 5:2 for life)

Can I regularly skip lunch and just have a dinner?
    Or vice versa? Whatever the case may be for me that day?

Thanks! I do have the book, and I have read it a few times. I have done this over the summer, but I went on a loooong holiday, where I did not fast. This time, I really want to make it habit and make it my lifestyle.
    I’ve forgotten let’s say.

Thanks once again!!!

hi bumblebee

u may call me usa

welcome

u can really do whatever u want it is recommended a full 36hrs or more byut again whatever works 4 u

TYPES OF FASTING
    γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€
    adf
    u can have & onfastday offnonfastday & so on alternatively (that 1 is hard & not recommended 4ever)
    or
    a 4/3
    4nonfastdays/3 intermittent fastdays
    or
    a 5/2
    5nonfastdays/2 intermittent fastdays
    or
    a 6/1 (michael is now on this because he has achieved his weight goal & so many others on this forum i call them the elite group πŸ˜€ )
    6nonfastdays/1 intermittent fastdays
    or
    a 4/2/1
    the 1 being a complete feastday
    a 3/3/1
    the 1 being a complete feastday
    some of us have 2 count cals on nonfastdays
    &
    some of don’t have 2 count cals on nonfastdays (luuuuuuuuuucky them πŸ™‚ )
    whichever the goals r the same & side effects
    mental acuity increased
    freedom from being a prisoner 2 food
    joy in eating healthily w/out thought
    healthy
    no alzheimer
    not being hungry 4 long
    increased adrenalin
    no muscle loss
    save allot of money!
    enjoying ur taste buds
    manageable 2 ur lifestyle
    γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€
    γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€U CAN EAT ANYWAY U WANT ON FASTDAYS
    either nibbling all day like one of the authors mimi
    or
    breakfast & dinner like dr michael skipping lunch
    or lunch & dinner
    or
    1 dinner only like me (usa) i like my 500 in 1 day
    somehow it works 4 me
    now the timing i usually do it 36 -50 hours but u can do it differently whatever works
    i use this link
    Time Duration Calculator: Time between two dates/times
    http://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeduration.html
    γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€FASTDAY EXAMPLE
    saturday 10/19/2013 dinner nonfastday 7pm
    sunday 10/20/2013 dinner fastday 500 cals 7pm
    γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€
    monday 10/21/13 lunch nonfastday
    41 hours fast
    there r nice google extensions like countdown timers u can c while on ur computer the numbers getting
    also google play has apps 4 ur devicesγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€
    γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€
    The Fast Diet, quickly DR michael & mimi luv this vid
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-fast-diet-quickly/
    γ€€γ€€γ€€he has a great sense of humor dr mosley πŸ˜€ γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€
    i don’t b long 2 facebook but u can still c
    he has a great sense of humor
    some very funny pics
    https://www.facebook.com/DrMichaelMosley

if u want dr michael’s replies on this forum & allot more

γ€€http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/everything-a-newbie-might-want-2-c-use-read/#post-17261

wish u great success!

γ€€happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 5/2 & 4/3 & 6/1 & adf or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or 5/1/1 or adf w/1 & the fdl (fastday lifestyle) :Dγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€

I mostly fast 1pm-1pm as that fits with my lunch at work.

I have lunch, then I’m busy working, make sure I stay occupied and have a 250-300cal dinner organised. Then i keep busy until I sleep (sleep’s the easy bit) and usually drink water first thing, maybe some fruit or a little cereal with skim milk.

Then go to work and break my fast at lunch time. I sometimes end up doing 23hrs instead of 24hrs, but I figure that’s a lot better than failing to fast at all!

I find this way suits my work, and I can stay occupied, or sleeping, so I don’t really worry about snacks. Morning break is sometimes hard, so I have a green tea or camomile tea.

Saying that, I have been off 5:2 for ages, and have just started back on again. But this did work for me before, and my weekends were not fast days. πŸ™‚
    Hope this helps.

oops looks like link did not input

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/everything-a-newbie-might-want-2-c-use-read/

u will c tools replies dr michael’s vid & more

Hi USA, Hope you are ok.
    Best wishes.

hi

couscous

thanks i’m getting better

Hello again,
    Thanks USA and all.

I like the alternate days, then ‘free’ weeekends. At least until I get to the weight I want to be. It’s so good to have such a flexible plan.

USA, thank you for providing me with all those links, and for your information. Very good of you, and thorough too!!

Hey Bumble, I think it’s all about finding out what works for you. ADF is fine for some people, not so fine for others. I don’t even give my method a name anymore, it changes and switches so much. It’s one meal a day, ADF, 5:2… everything combined πŸ˜‰ After a while I think you’ve grown used to the system and you can play around a bit with it and you’ll be better tuned to listen to what your body wants.

bumblebee

so what type of fdl r u doing?

Sometimes I make from morning to morning, but I’d like to try also 30 hours fasting, from 2pm to 8pm of the day after.
    πŸ™‚

Hi, I am struggling with my first week doing the 5:2 diet but I won’t give up! I wondered if I tried fasting from 2 pm to 2 pm, what could I eat before the 2pm in the first day and after the 2 pm on the second day, would these be classed as feed days or would calories still have to be restricted?

Thanks
    Kelly

What works for me is eating a regular breakfast about 8 or 9 AM, then fasting (600 Cals) until noon the next day. Also found that breaking the fasting for vacations a couple of times in 6 mos caused no permanent weight gain – after reaching my goal. A 36 hour diet was really tough, and not worth it. I fast on Mon and Thur.

I am considering raising my cals to 800 and exercising more. Any advice on this?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.