Anyone else struggling to eat enough on non-fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Anyone else struggling to eat enough on non-fast days?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  FoxholeFather 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I know I’ve read that the fasting days end up impacting your non-fasting days, some suggesting the fasting days actually shrink your stomach, but I’m REALLY struggling trying to even get to 1/2 of what I’m “supposed” to according to my TDEE calculation. Today for instance, day after a fast day, I had a much bigger breakfast than I normally do, had what I thought was a light lunch but I struggled to even finish it, and all that still puts me at about 1/2 my TDEE and the thought of eating anything else the rest of the day? Not gonna happen. Don’t get me wrong, I’m SERIOUSLY not complaining, just wondering if anyone else hits this place.

Hi Smith, me too, today I have eaten 900 calories so far. That’s after dinner with a desert. My fast day was yesterday. I,m buzzing and doing a lot of activity and my mind is totally on the go. My sleep is erratic whereas usually I sleep quite well.
    I don’t mind this feeling, in fact it quite amuses me. I feel as if a switch has gone on and this diet is my new beginning. Hurray. About time too. I just hope it continues.

I do Smith. I eat no where near my TDEE on feast days and not that im trying not to but im just not hungry enough and realised that i have never needed all that food i could never eat a big meal anyway i fill up very quickly i could however sit and eat loads of chocolate crisps and sweets but havnt craved any since starting this. I only started last monday so its early days my 4th fast is tomorrow.

Cakey, I am also amused by this whole concept. I feel like an idiot, chasing so many different diet techniques for years, struggling with all of them, then suddenly I take a fasting day (which by the way strangely feels GOOD) a couple times a week and suddenly on my non-fasting days I have this very… oddly… NORMAL relationship with food. WT?! Where did that come from! It’s like stumbling upon the very thing you’ve about killed yourself to FIND all these years. Weird. Wonderful.

“…eat loads of chocolate crisps and sweets…”

was there a comma missing, or are “chocolate crisps” a real thing? 😀

Smith, I am so pleased to be part of this secret club. Even though I have only been doing this for 10 days I think I will carry on all year. My scales haven’t shown a downward tilt this week yet but even if they don’t I will continue. it’s a fast day today and I am off whizzing around town shortly.
    What i want to know is what was I eating before that was slowing me down?
    Hello world.

I find that I have zero real hunger any longer. I am doing a 17/7 daily IF routine for about 1 month. I have had some great weight loss. Again, I don’t have any hunger pangs per say, but I have had been having this constant pit feeling in my stomach that I am concerned about.

So, the past few days I have been having a pit feeling in my stomach, not necessarily hunger, and not necessarily painful. It is more like a full stomach lining irritation? Today I felt tired and I had a carb filled meal tonight hoping it would help the feeling in my stomach. But it’s 1:08am EST, and the feeling is keeping me awake,

For two weeks I have had no cravings though and no big hunger, even during eating windows, which is fantastic. But is this feeling something you have experienced or heard of? I have really been following a 17/7 IF plan and eating about 1800 calories which is all I seem to be hungry for.

Has anyone else experienced strong feelings in the stomach? Any help or reassurance you can give is appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.