Anyone else combining 5:2 and Slimming World?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Anyone else combining 5:2 and Slimming World?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Scorpio69 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I hope I don’t get shot down for here and I know I am not alone in trying this but wondered if there was anyone else here doing the same.

I did 5:2/fast diet for nearly 2 years but plateaued and after holiday in March this year had quite a gain and struggled to get back on track.

I am generally really good at fast days (was even doing 3 days most weeks) but was prob overdoing on most non fast days and spoiling all my hard work.

When I continued to gain rather than lose the holiday weight I decided I needed the discipline of a weekly weigh in so went back to Slimming World about 9 or 10 weeks ago. It was nice to try something different and have a break from fasting but I was also struggling there – eating the right foods but likely overdoing it on portion sizes. I was hardly losing and some weeks gaining. So last week I decided to reintroduce a couple of fast days. If I am honest they were not perfect but I lost 3lbs by doing 2 fast days and 5 days on slimming world.

My plan therefore is to try this for another few weeks and if I can lose approx 1-2 lbs on average per week I’ll be a happy bunny and stick with it.

Today is my 3rd fast day (1st on 2nd week) and am really hungry but I know I can get used to this!!

I have been doing SW for awhile – am really keen to see what your results are!
    good luck and keep me posted!

Thanks fluffyredfox

2nd week I stayed the same (was my *week and I was out for dinner) and I can see the next couple being quite challenging as have a lot on but am going to bear with it.

SO are you combining both?

I know it’s been a few years since your post but I am wondering how this worked out for you. I too have been doing 5:2 successfully for a year now but again have started to slip on feast days and while I did 4:3 a few times I decided to shake things up by starting slimming world again. It has only been one week but I have felt bloated and have weighed at home and am up a lb. I miss the 5:2 so am thinking of combing. I am getting married in July so won’t find it hard to stay motivated. Any thoughts?

Hi, I found this post interesting as I’m doing the same! I’ve been messing around with SW for ages now but was going down half a pound, up half a pound etc etc…..so thought I would have a week doing 5:2 last week. Lost 3.5lbs, excellent! I have done 5:2 before and it definitely works but I got talked into going back to SW after Christmas. So, I’m basically doing SW on 4 days, fasting for 2 days and having Saturdays off. I think we all have a different way of doing things but I always seem to lose focus and forget why I’m really doing this……for ME!! So I’m a firm believer of whatever works for you, then do it! I do like doing the 2 fasting days though and feel great!

Beho, maybe your problem is ‘feast days’. Try to get rid of that mindset, as we should only eat up to our TDEE. it’s worth a quick calorie count to check.

I did that until I reached my target. Maintaining now on 16:8.

Pol

I am doing this too. Have done slimming world for months but only lost 7lbs so far so I am hoping I can combine to give me the results I want

Chasey …..I could have actually written the exact same post ! Up half a pound , down half a pound. X

So I’m doing 4:3 this week with SW on the other days just to keep me in check. I’ve already lost nearly 2 stone but would like to lose another 20lbs and then maintain.

I’ve did 5:2 some years ago and didn’t find I over did the none fasting days but I do have some considerable daily stress in my life now so need to keep focussed.

Today is my first FD so I shall see how I get on.

Hi Detoxmanic,
    I have been sort of been following SW diet along side 5:2. My wife goes to SW and so I get the same meals more or less.
    However she is doing both, as she seems to struggle with just SW on its own. You can see my progress here :- https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-3-stone-challenge-2/#post-191648

My wife is dropping between 0.5lb and 3lb a week. She hasn’t gained weight at all but stayed the same once or twice since she started after Christmas.
    I hope this helps a little.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.