Any friends in Ireland?

This topic contains 69 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Fittoretire 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)

• Lucy, I know exactly what you mean and I really thought this week I’d at least stick to TDEE until Friday but…. Boohoo I’m a disaster. Sorry Fittoretire, it’s just not working out for me this week. I seem to nabs fe fast day ok on Zkindays but really struggle on the Thursdays and can’t do TDEE at all as it would feel too much like a diet. I dud a sneak weigh in this morning and I’m back to 9 6.

If you are 9 8 Lucy and you want to lose 2 stone there won’t be much of you left. It seems a bit excessive. But definitely stick with it for maintenance and when the weather gets warmer maybe you will find that easier. I’m just trying to lose about 10 pounds but I’m really faltering at the moment. That’s how it goes with me all the time. I seem to be able to manage for a few weeks then it all gets too much. I’m invited out with a gang tomorrow to a pizza place and I really don’t want to say sorry, I’m fasting.

Lucy, I know exactly what you mean and I really thought this week I’d at least stick to TDEE until Friday but…. Boohoo I’m a disaster. Sorry Fittoretire, it’s just not working out for me this week. Monday fast day is ok but really struggle on the Thursdays and can’t do TDEE at all as it would feel too much like a diet. I did a sneak weigh in this morning and I’m back to 9 6.

If you are 9 8 Lucy and you want to lose 2 stone there won’t be much of you left. It seems a bit excessive. But definitely stick with it for maintenance and when the weather gets warmer maybe you will find that easier.

I’d like to lose about 10 pounds but I’m really faltering at the moment. That’s how it goes with me all the time. I seem to be able to manage for a few weeks then it all gets too much. I’m invited out with a gang tomorrow to a pizza place and I really don’t want to say sorry, I’m fasting.

Misty May – no need to apologize at all. Weighed in this morn and barely one pound down but trying not to feel disheartened. I think it is hard on us all at the moment with the cold and miserable weather, I think our bodies are telling us to conserve our fat to keep us warm! At least that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!! I felt I did ok on fast and nonfast days this week and had more execrise than usual for very little loss but trying to look at bigger picture and health benefits. If you look at other threads on the forums you will see that lots of people hit plateaus, have bad patches, feel like giving up, fall off the wagon etc. I have too, so try to hang in there and get back on the horse as soon as you feel up to it. We can give it another go next week – ok? We’re all in this together. X

Thanks Fittoretire for your very much appreciated sound advice. Today has been a disaster so no point in weighing in tomorrow but I may try to fast to make up for today. Eating more or less all day! It’s great that your scales showed you were down, even if only by a small amount. I’ll sort out my head up the exercise and get cracking again but it may take me a week or two. You are right about the cold weather it is tougher when the weather is bad. Salads are great but they don’t quite hit the spot in cold days.

Hi Girls, Well I have had a good week off as I have been quite sick. Only today I am just back to normal. Due to work which involves dinner out every evening with a group I am hosting I am waiting until Monday week to begin again and this time it will be two fast days a week and not three.

I am so looking forward to being back on it as it was pretty terrible being sick but I did enjoy all the Netflix I treated myself to.

I have great faith in the is fast diet but I have also learned to really respect it as I feel it did put my body under stress (body was always very cold in the evening) and I understand now that on every fast day I have from now, I will take better care of myself and not mix it with a very excitable and busy day where I am not in my usual environment to have the food that sustains me. Lesson learnt !

Misty May, good to hear from you. Keep thinking positively and you’ll be back on track in no time. The beauty of this programme is fitting it around what’s going on in your life and how you feel – it’s very adaptable. I’ll be weighing in again next Wednesday – did a fast day today but think my evening meal was too many calories. Never mind – we’ll get there.
    Slimline, it’s a good idea to mind ourselves and be good to ourselves as our bodies have to adjust to this new way of eating. Hopefully, this is a plan for life and the health benefits long-term will be worth it as well as the weight loss. Keep on truckin’ !!

HI to all Irish 5:2 ers! It would be lovely to see more posts from people in this neck of the woods, so if you are following any of these threads on the forums, please join in and we can all support each other.
    Misty May, how are you doing? I hope you are being kind to yourself. My wonderful but misguided hubby completely derailed me yesterday by giving me chocolates for valentine’s day and I proceeded to work my way through them all from breakfast right through to supper!! Looks like three FD’s for me this week and not looking forward to weigh in on Wed. Never mind – as Scarlet O’Hara says in Gone with the Wind – ‘tomorrow is another day’!! 🙂

Hi all, I’m back….phew. I managed a fast on Monday which was tough but a relief. As I am going out on Thursday I hope to fast tomorrow instead so fingers crossed. I went way overboard at the weekend and pancakes tonight but I’m hopeful again and hubby is sort of going to join me!! Liquid Monday including beer!! I hate the stuff so I should be ok. Lol

Hey Misty May! Good to have you back – well done on getting back on track. I was the same a few weeks back but now I’m so glad I stuck it out and got over the hump (for now, anyway!) Weighed in this morn and am 2 lbs down as well as half inch off waist and hips. So happy. Did B2B fasts to get things moving, found it hard but so glad I managed to do it because it seems to have kick started my system again after the plateau I hit and the over indulgence on Valentine’s. That’s great that your hubby is going to join in and I’m sure it will make things easier for you. Keep up the good work and keep checking here in. Are you weighing in on Friday? Best of luck to everyone.

Hello all fasters, 2nd fast this week- well under way. Had bagel and slice of ham for lunch,with a very bitter satsuma. I felt very hungry after, even weak… but stayed strong . Dinner was a ready made meal from lidl..so slightly over the 500,(+9) but i am still counting it as a fast day..loads of black tea til bed.A few more comments this week @ work re my weight loss..i have more choice in my wardrobe also as nearly all my clothes fit me better!!Hope all doing well on here!!

Well done, bigmarie. It’s great to have meals that have the calories already worked out for you until you get a feel for it yourself. It’s brilliant to be getting to wear all those clothes that were probably hiding in the back of the wardrobe and getting positive comments from others – a great boost!
    Hi Misty May – are you still with us? Check in and let us know how you’re doing. No further loss for me but feel my clothes are bit looser, so I’ll go with that for now.
    Slimline C – are you back in the swing of things yet? I hope you’re feeling better and ready to get into 5:2 again.
    Best of luck to all Irish FDers!

Lol thanks for keeping an eye on me Fittoretire. How are you doing?

I’ve not really been able to keep this up. I managed a fast on Monday and fasting today but I’m loving my food on the other days, so totally overdoing it. I haven’t been able to exercise much either. Both my parents are elderly and have been ill so that’s been a bit tough and time consuming. As things improve there I am hoping to have a bit more time to myself to get excercising over the next few weeks.

Hubby and I fasted on Monday sticking to liquids only, including his beer! No I didn’t have that but by 10pm I was so hungry I had two boiled eggs. It’s nearly easier not to eat anything at all. As soon as I eat a small dinner I seem to want more and more.

Hi Misty – so sorry to hear about your parents. I know exactly what you’re going through and it’s not easy. If you can manage to fast, it’s good training for your system and you will reap the health benefits, I’m sure. I was just like you a few weeks ago and totally overdid non-fast days. But bit by bit I’m getting that under control. I hope that will happen for you too, but you really need to be kind to yourself at the moment. You can only do what you can do…..keep in touch.

Hello
    I’ve just joined and I’m also living in cork. I’m 100kg at the moment,33years young! I look forward to getting to know ye better 🙂

Hi Mewshew! Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your 5:2 journey. I’m not an expert, but if you have any questions I’ll try to answer them. There is lots of good advice and ideas on the various threads of the forum, so have a good look around. Also, if you haven’t read the the Fast Diet book, I think it would be very helpful to do that, as it explains how best to tackle this way of eating and the science behind the health benefits.

Welcome, Mewshew and good luck with the 5:2. Thanks Fittiretire. It’s great to know you were overdoing the TDEE and still managed to stick with things. I’m back fasting on Mondays and I hope I can a manage Thursday this week as last week was another disaster but I’m taking each day as it comes. Overall I’m down five lbs from 5.1 so to be positive about it, so far so good. I’m not that hung up anymore on the weight loss idea. I’d like to get my cholesterol down and anything else is a bonus. It’s very cold at the moment to fast but hubby is doing it with me on Mondays now and that’s a huge help. I don’t know how you managed B2B but that’s truly amazing. Well done. Maybe when the weather improves….lol good luck to all. Will weigh in this Friday

Hi all, building up to wedding on 14 th march, & paddy’s day too! Over ate Saturday but back on track again!

Hi Misty May – 5lbs loss is great considering all you’ve been through. I’ve seen alot of other posters say that before the body can start losing weight, it has to put the brakes on gaining, and that’s why we go through a plateau phase. Agree with you that the cold weather not helping either. Hang on in there!
    Bigmarie – bet you’ll look fab for the wedding. Fast days on Mondays are great for undoing the damage of the weeekends! – that’s why this WOL (way of life) is doable. 🙂

Hi all thanks for the welcomes. The weather is pretty cold, we’ve had snow but it’s not staying on the ground. I’ve read the book but I got into IF a good few years back when I discovered the Johonsons up day down day diet. Same idea just every second day. It was fun at the start but I couldnt keep it up and I felt too deprived. I’d end up eating loads of rubbish and giving up. This woe seems far more doable and something I want to make a habit for the rest of my life! I had a fast day yesterday it went well even though I ate 600cal not 500. Anyone fasting today? Good luck if you are:) my next fast day will be thursday

Hi all. Weighed in today (every Wed). One lb down, not exactly setting the world on fire but slow and steady wins the race, as they say!
    Hope everyone else getting on well. Keep posting and supporting each other 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply.