Anxious feeling

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  vipin 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello
    3rd Fasting day… feeling really light and clear in many ways but I feel a little anxious, not quiet relaxed as a result of small amount of food.

Question: Does this go away as my body adjusts?

Thanks

Hi Sim2911, I prefer just to water fast but still many fasting side-effects have disappeared over time. The one that is pretty consistent is around 20 hours into the fast my blood glucose will drop some and it probably takes anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes for it to raise back to more normal ranges. During that period I feel a little light headed. This is likely tied to when the glycogen stored in the liver is used up. Since I typically exercise fasted I may hit that a bit on the early side.

If you eat you basically are shifting from fasting to an extremely low calorie consumption diet. Basically you likely have a longer than normal nighttime fast and then a very low energy diet. It seems that many do well on that approach. I don’t and it tends to drive me crazy with hunger. However there are a lot of differences between people. Depending on how much you eat and what you eat you probably can still exhaust the liver of glycogen and experience a lower blood glucose.

I have noticed that when I’m in ketosis, I don’t feel lower blood sugar.

Yes it goes away with time. I suspect its your body releasing cortisol in response to your “stressed” situation. Try going for a walk. Movement naturally dissipates cortisol levels. Its your fight or flight hormone. So walking is good.

HA! I have so much stress from work and home I would never even notice extra stress from fasting!!! I’ve probably worn out my bodies’ cortisol production.

Also look at taking a tiny bit of extra salt on Fast Days (FDs). When fasting we don’t get the normal amount of salt that is naturally in food. It can make you light headed if you don’t have enough because salt(sodium) is part of your electrolytes. A bit like animals and a salt-lick. Shake a little into the palm of your hand; lick the very tip of your finger, dip lightly on to the salt, lick it off. Easy.

Feeling stressed/Anxious feeling can wreak have on our bodies. It can cause our body to produce the steroid hormone cortisol, which can make you crave sugary foods that provide instant energy and pleasure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.