And we're off……

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SuzySu 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• It’s day 1 of my fast today and so far so good. It’s 3.20pm here in Hong Kong (despite my posts suggesting otherwise) and so far no food has passed my lips. I can’t really say I’m hungry, but I am constantly thinking about food. This is largely due to the fact that I have a day off in lieu from work and I’m sitting at my computer trying to write an assignment which is due in 2 weeks.

As suggested by another forum member (Nika), I have started a blog – mainly for somewhere for me to ramble but also so I can track my journey for those days where fasting might not be quite so appealing.

For those interested, here’s the link to my blog (until I can work out a way to link it to my profile)

http://suzywonghk.blogspot.hk/

All (helpful)comments and suggestions welcome. Happy reading!

Okay, you didn’t use my custom made thread – but never mind that 😉 Good to see you joined us loggers! I bookmarked ya.
    And being in China now I can certainly attest to the hectic lifestyle – when I say I cook at home for myself every day people stare at me in wonder. It’s so normal to eat out here, there are millions of food places everywhere. And where it’s considered a bit sad to go out to dinner on your own back home, here it’s the normallest thing in the world.

If you can call standing in 7-11 eating their yummy (but really unhealthy) spicy garlic noodles ‘eating out’! Classy bird me 😀

Yeah that’s eating out here as well x) Although people tend to sit down here.

Today is day 6 and I think I’ll weigh myself tomorrow morning. Have had a mixed first week. Days 1-4 were good, but days 5 and 6 were dubious. Although I don’t think I’ve gone over 2000 calories, my TDEE is actually 1500 and I’ve certainly gone over that 🙁

Let’s see what tomorrow brings……

Ok, have just weighed myself. I’ve lost 700g which is 1.5lbs in real money (ha ha). Part of me feels I should be very pleased with that because, if you read my post above this one, you’d see that the last couple of days haven’t been exactly frugal. The other part is a wee bit disappointed that I didn’t lose more, but as you know, I’ve only got 13lbs to lose in total so I suppose 1.5 is ok.

I’ve decided to take my measurements monthly but I can already feel my jeans are not so snug and that’s important too.

So – all in all I’m pleased with my week’s efforts.

Awesome, great job! I thought about you over the past weekend, I was in Hong Kong and immediately understood your predicament. If I were living there it would be very difficult to stay away from all the lovely food as well! Here in Hangzhou it’s easy for me because I don’t speak the language anyway so even if I wanted to order something I couldn’t.

Enjoyed hot pot the first night and a roasted pork filled bun the second day. Really enjoyed the hot pot!! The second day was a bust food wise when it comes to dinner, I felt terrible and didn’t want to eat, but my friend told me I should so I ended up eating at Subway. Not very Hong Kong, I know! But when we tried to find those egg puff things later that night we couldn’t find any of course…

Ha Ha Nika…

Hotpot is delicious and can be quite healthy (depending on what you choose to add to the pot of course). The roasted pork bun – not so much (but equally delicious). Had subway once and wouldn’t waste my money again.

The egg tarts can be bought from supermarkets/bakerys in expat areas but the best ones are definitely from Macau!!!

Haha didn’t go to a good Subway then! 😀

I actually think that I didn’t even eat that unhealthy whilst I was over there. On saturday I had a fruit-smoothie thing at the airport and hot pot in the evening, then on Sunday I had a roasted pork bun and a sausage bun (or whatever), some frozen yoghurt with oreo crunch and the Subway sandwich. Of course especially the sunday wasn’t great, but could’ve been a lot worse!

Oh and had a couple of Blue Girls – not bad!

Week 2 over and another weigh-in. I’ve lost another 1.2 kgs (2.5 lbs) and am feeling on top of the world!!! I won’t say the fast days are easy; they’re not difficult to stick to, but I’m constantly thinking (obsessing) about food. Does that ever stop? Anyway, it’s a small price to pay for losing weight. Considering I haven’t got much to lose, I’m delighted to be averaging 2 lbs per week so far.

I was hoping to take my measurements this morning too, but for one reason and another this didn’t happen. Hopefully will take them next weekend, but I can tell that I’ve lost from my waist already.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.