An interesting side effect, sleepy at work but less anxious.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
An interesting side effect, sleepy at work but less anxious.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emma1202 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello forum,

I have anticipated trialling 5:2, having tried it some years ago. I used to do it before it became famous, but generally did one complete fast a week and others weren’t too sympathetic to it so I quit.
    I tried two meals a day recently, 500 kcal at breakfast at 6ama and evening meal at 8pm. I felt a little light headed at work and was worried it may negatively affect my “brain” function. But, I think I felt less stressed, I didn’t have the energy to get annoyed (as I usually do). When work was tiresome I thought of dinner and cheered up. Neural effects or psychological! I’m not sure. I think it went well. It would be interesting to hear if others have had a better focus despite feeling light headed.

Hi there, I’m still very new at this, so I’m not sure if my experience will be helpful but I’m happy to share 🙂
    I do just water/tea fasts so I skip the 500 cal meal on fasting days and I have found that I do feel more focused at work until the 20 hr mark. Then my energy and focus drop quite noticeably and my blood pressure must drop as well because I feel very cold. I heard someone refer to this new focus as energized calm I believe.

Good luck with 5:2. I wish you lots of success!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.