Amazing delicious crispy kale! 84kcals per portion

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Amazing delicious crispy kale! 84kcals per portion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fastinginberlin 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Stumbled across this recipe by accident – if you like that deep fried crispy seaweed at Chinese restaurants you’ll love this!
    Preheat baking sheet in oven 200c (190c fan). Wash kale leaves & cut & discard tough centre stem. Dry leaves in salad spinner (drying the leaves is key for really crispy kale).
    Roll up like cigar & shred finely. Put in freezer bag with 1tsp oil & shake well to coat. Place on baking sheet in single layer & bake 4-6mins. Allow to cool on baking sheet for couple mins & sprinkle with half tsp light soft brown sugar & salt & pepper.
    Calorie-wise works out at approx 35kcals per cup of kale, 40kcals per tsp oil, 9kcals per half tsp light soft brown sugar, total: 84kcals – it’s full of fibre, filling & delicious plus loads of iron & nutrients – so good!

Hi jobolt74, sounds good, I love kale! Thanks for sharing I will definitely try it. Just can’t picture it with sugar, maybe I’ll sprinkle some on part of it and taste it first. I do something similar with fennel, slice it really thin, mix it with salt, oil and fennel seeds and put it on a baking sheet in the oven until it has crispy brown edges.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.