Am I doing it the right way?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Am I doing it the right way?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nouran 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello everybody,
    Thanks for the informative posts, but I just need to get something clear. Is it confirmed that the fast day is the interval you spend between waking up in the morning and going to bed at night? I am confused due to the 24 and 36-hour calculations. Today is my fast day, and the last thing I ate was a 130 calorie ice-cream at 11 pm last night, then slept right after and woke up today around 8:30 am. I won’t be eating anything until supper at 7 pm tonight. So, should the calories from the ice-cream I ate last night count into my daily intake of 500 calories? Or am I allowed to consume all 500 calories at supper? Thanks in advance for the much-needed help!

–Sorry if this sounds like spam (I’ve already made the same post twice in different topics but got no answer, hopeful of getting one this time!)

Hello there – there’s some guidance on this point in:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

“To start out, the way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 5/600 or fewer calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week.”

The kcals/ice-cream that you ate on your non-fast day are included only in the tally for that day. You only count the kcals you eat on your fast day as your kcal allotment – so, yes, you may well choose to eat your 500kcals at supper. πŸ™‚ So, overall, when you wake up (presumably) tomorrow morning and eat your breakfast/first meal, you’ll have eaten 500kcals from the start of your fast day until whatever time you eat on your non-fast day – for some people, that may well be 30-36hrs.

There are several different ways of interpreting the length of a fast day and it’s unlikely any of them are The Truth whilst others are Horribly Wrong – it’s just what fits with your life and the straightforward explanation in the ‘Basics for Newbies’ thread is spot-on.

Good Luck! πŸ™‚

Hi Nouran
    My understanding is that you should not count your ice-cream and have your 500 cal either in one meal or throughout the day whatever works for you. Your fast will be effectively from your ice-cream at 11pm day 1 till breakfast at say 8am on day 3 (33hrs)

Thank you so much, that was beyond helpful πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.