Almost 30, want to live to 100

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hey! I just started on 5:2 this week and wanted some forum support.

I live in Vancouver and am going to turn 30 in 7 months and want to kick the next chapter of my life off in good and happy health.

My highest weight was 272 pounds a few years ago. I got most of it off with low carb, but stopped being a vegetarian to do it and always felt guilty about my choice (no judgment toward anyone else though). Now I’m at 203.6 — down from 211 just 12 days ago thanks to 5:2 and I’m so hopeful that this will be a way to balance all of my goals.

My goal is 140 pounds, but I’m happy to adjust that if I find I look and feel good earlier. Given a family history that includes diabetes, heart disease, and dimentia, as I get older my health concerns go far beyond the scale.

Thanks for listening, and I’m excited to join you all.

Well done on weight loss. I joined the July Challenge and I’m finding it great for motivation and learning more about 5:2. People have joined in during the month so I’m sure you’d be welcomed and it’s a very supportive group.

Excellent! I was wondering about the monthly challenge so I’ll be sure to join.

fastveg you can join anytime in the month. You’ll find lots of support, stories and advice there.

You are lucky to be starting so young. Personally one of the most powerful aspects of 5:2 is learning. You can learn not only what works for you but you also learn about other peoples and what works for them. It is very empowering.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.