All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

This topic contains 341 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  matpi 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 342 total)

• Day 17 NFD country west Australia
    Trying to be more focussed and planning on the NFDs.
    But have a relative in Palliative Care who we are visiting several times a day.
    With only one place to eat in town after 6pm , choices are limited.
    Pretty sure the lasagne , salad and chips last night are not within bull’s roar of TDEE but today I have made poached chicken so miming for better.
    With all the family here the fridge is filled with all manner of food and cooked dishes so I find it difficult to eat less.
    Back to asking ‘ Do I want it ?’ Yes I do !! “Will I have it? ” No I won’t …. mostly….๐Ÿคช
    @penz, I KNOW !!! 1/2 cup of pasta !!!!! Who are they kidding???? Is it even possible to only have 1/2 cup of pasta???? Ditto matchbox sized serve of cheese!!! I could et a block in one sitting!!
    Yes and yes and yes to the trivia question. But I prefer the green one.
    Have a good day all.

Day 17 โ€“ Wednesdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

@penz… you are right, it’s hump day, so had to find the camel Emoji to highlight it!๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

So, this is it…. we are officially in the middle of week, on the hump of the camel, at the top of the hill, we can see the view backwards and forwards, see what we’ve achieved already this week, with a solid plan to build on that, and, then it’s the downward slide to the weekend and another week closer to success! Yay! ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

Ask yourself, how’s the week going for you??? hmmmmm ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ฏ So looking forward, ask yourself, in fact, PROMISE to yourself (courtesy stitchincarol), your next step for the week… easy, peasy!๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

12 of us did FDs on Monday so we are looking forward to another FD by week’s end. For me that will be tomorrow ie Thursday. I have it planned, have you?

From your posts I can see everyone is on track, congratulations!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

@stitchincarol .. good news about your tooth… crowns can be very expensive in Australia, is that the case there? Love your HACKS, HINTS & TIPS…. unfortunately I also drooled over the Lemon Meringue Pie… my all time fave (only if it’s GF though) … your DH is a lucky man!

@penz.. putting you on the pocketlist for today! No ifs, no buts…..๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฉ

@litprof … so, so, very, very close, we are collectively holding our breath waiting for your hallelujah post announcing its DONE!๐Ÿ“ฃ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต

@michelinme…. you’ve had a rough time lately so be kind to yourself. We hear you and understand you’ve been going through such a lot.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ Plan for that break to make sure it actually happens. On another note, the IT OGRE๐Ÿ‘น takes out posts and eats them… I know it! ๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น My work around is to finish my post then COPY before I hit SUBMIT, then if it didn’t fly across the webiverse, I re-paste it back in and try again. More than one way to skin a cat (not BooBoo of course!๐Ÿ˜‚) and more than one way to beat the IT OGRE! ๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น

@missybear .. you are so on track ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚… Remembering that you said you won’t jump on the scales until the month’s end….. just can’t wait to the end of the month when you hop on the scales.. it will be MOMENTOUS!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@brightonbelle … good to see you here as well… using I-H-L ‘back from holiday’ strategy, have you come back to your pre-Paris spot on the track or even further perhaps?

@mariaelena … hi!.. glad to see you, we know you are on track.. You usually do FD on Wednesday… hope its an easy one๐Ÿ™

@at … Your walks sound fabulous…. not just your walks but the lovely places you walk too! ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ You knew the answers too ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@northgeorgia.. hope the OMAD went well… which of course will nicely set you up for today…. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@goal10kg .. glad you avoided take-away… and you are quite right that cooking can be fabulous fun and also gives you control of the meal… yep, win-win. ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ You are amazing with your regular workouts…. we are all so inspired! You have our permission to feel SMUG!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@daffodil2010 – your campervan trip around Scotland sounds just so wonderful…. you lucky gal! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Your chicken salad is making my mouth water.. oh it’s lunchtime… better eat!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lilymartin — ha ha cheese chunks the size of matchboxes? Hilarious! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Not in this house I’m afraid!๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ… may have given up wine๐Ÿท๐Ÿท but not the cheese! Love your NFD HACKS too๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

@matpi… so good you are on the way down…. that plateau is a bugbear ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป stay with it, THE WHOOSH IS COMING, only two weeks to go and I’m sure it’ll be worth it despite medications conspiring against you! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Need to get back to work, apologies if I missed anyone!

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Day 16 – Tuesday

Which fruit is named after a flightless bird and do you know another name for it? Kiwi fruit. Kiwifruit or Chinese gooseberry is the edible berry of several species of woody vines in the genus Actinidia.๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ (I learnt something today as didn’t know it was actually a berry, did you?)

โญToday’s Trivia – Day 17 – Wednesday ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช
    Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings made up which bandโ“โ“โ“

cheerie dearies๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

Thought of the Day – Day 17 – Wednesday

Donโ€™t reward yourself with food. You are not a dog. ๐Ÿ•โ€๐Ÿฆบ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

PocketList _ Day 17 – Wednesday ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช
    @penz (‘coz you promised yourself๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š)

Day 16 – UK Cam – NFD
    Day 17 – UK Cam – FD
    Well, Monday’s FD went OK but I fell off the wagon big time about midnight with a kitchen raid – no details, too embarrassed but the left-over cheese might have fitted into a matchbox!
    Yesterday was a down day – felt bad about the FD, felt bad about myself, AND it rained – hoorah! Reading all your posts this morning, early, helped me get my resolve back. I totally agree, no room for hope, it is all about control and choice. Mind you, I could do with some of that gaffer tape someone mentioned to keep my mouth taped up!

Today is an impromptu FD but will go for an 800 for a change, taking the dog out for a ‘paddle’ (courtesy of the overnight rain) and then got a load of chores in the garden, mostly picking up windfall apples and cutting back dead stuff that the rain has knocked over. DH hoping to see Dr today (emphasis on hoping) as he hasn’t actually seen one for 2years now, despite repeated infections – he’s def. not OK so fingers crossed. Egg salad for lunch and baked salmon and spinach for dinner – it’s the salmon that bumps up the calorie count. Half a cup of pasta???? Well, I suppose it depends on the size of the cup ….. ha ha!

Definitely got yesterday’s trivia – I prefer the green one and just love it when you cut them open – that colour and seed pattern! I have an idea about today’s trivia, but may cheat by looking through the CD collection…

@linda.b – love the quote, woof woof!

Keep at it everyone – it’s all downhill now to the end of August

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

I am with you today @penz on the Wednesday FD!

Slow going still, then I remembered that this weekend was so very hot, I was quite dehydrated on the motorcycle, and we unfortunately compensated by having a sharing size bag of crisps (chips for our US friends) to get salt in…..and perhaps the extra salt still staying. I have been trying to drink 3 litres of water a day but it’s so busy in work I often forget.

However, good note that my motorcycle trousers size 14 were quite hanging off me, but I am not in the smaller size yet (I have motorcycle trousers in every size from 10 to 16 ๐Ÿ˜จ), so that was a good thing to see.

@goalto10kg, thanks for the link for the North 500… That is so inspiring and looks great. Definitely a trip for sometime. Unfortunately we may not do Scotland in September, still musing over Northern Ireland, but your link certainly gave great ideas.

Work is so busy with people on annual leave, or plain just left…and to have a private moan here, my new boss of only 6 weeks went on annual leave 2 weeks after becoming the boss, and now she has silent the past 2 weeks working from home in her home country of Portugal and it’s hard to get in touch with her……and nobody has explained to the team why she is WFH,(I suspect it has to be a family thing) so we are leaderless, and I find so many people coming to me for direction……it’s exhausting. I am not the boss nor do I want to be….so just having a private vent here.

Gah, I cannot wait for my own annual leave in 4 weeks.

Pocket list day 17
    @penz
    @daffodil2010

Day 17 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

I don’t know what happened to yesterday, but I didn’t post, & I definitely didn’t fast. I need to give myself a good talking to. The absence of bathroom scales is NOT good

@linda.b – that WAS an impressive pocket list on Monday?! The lists seldom seem to reach double figures these days.

@babs-b – the sniffles are almost gone, thanks. We’re desperate for water here too. Port Elizabeth is in the grip of a 7 year drought, & although no water restrictions have been imposed yet, the authorities are constantly pleading with the public to use water sparingly. Despite our recent rain they always seem to say, ‘very little rain in the catchment areas’, & our dam levels are currently at only 15%.

I know that fruit, @linda.b! I also know a very popular UK chocolate biscuit (cookie) that’s named after a flightless bird ๐Ÿ˜… They used to be, anyway. Are Penguins still around?

@stitchincarol – the ‘Just One Thing’ book is on Amazon.com – under Kindle books. There are a few books with the same title though.

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List for Day 17 Tuesday (๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜jump right on the list!)
    @penz
    @litprof
    @gardenlily
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Oops, just saw more posts on page 5, but will have to catch up later…

Day 17 – UK – FD800

Hi all,

Yesterday came & went in the blink of an eye and I didn’t get chance to post. Monday’s FD went pretty well (it wasn’t a perfect 500, but still a million miles better than recent eating patterns) and yesterday was a well-controlled day too, so that’s two positives under my belt.

My weight is already very up and down this week – 3lb off after Monday’s FD, then apparently 4lb on after yesterday’s really good controlled day. I know this is likely to be water going up & down but I still prefer to see the lower number on those scales. For context, yesterday I was ZBC, then had a smoked salmon and egg salad (all home made, with minimal dressing). I snacked on an apple then had baked salmon with rice for dinner followed by a few squares of chocolate. (A bit overkill on the salmon, I didn’t plan it to be that way). So, I can’t have gained 4lb of fat overnight from that.

Today I am shooting for a FD800. I have an appointment planned over my normal lunch time so that should serve as a distraction and will mean I eat a little later. (I’ve prepped a salad).

@daffodil2010 – that’s a lovely feeling to have clothing starting to get loose! I’m looking forward to that.

@gardenlily – don’t beat yourself up about Monday! I always remember on the original 5:2 documentary with MM that in the animal studies, even if they binged after a FD they still lost weight overall. I doubt you’d have had much impact at all on your progress with Monday night.

@funshipfreddie – Good reminder of the awful droughts you’ve been experiencing in SA. I remember how terrible it looked on the news reports last year, though the main outlets in the UK don’t seem to have picked it up since. We have had a little bit of rain here now and storms are forecast today. I can’t wait to have green grass back instead of hay!

The birds already seem a lot happier outside since our sprinkling of rain the other night. They’re a lot more active outside the window this year since our beloved fur-baby is no longer with us. It’s the first summer we’ve had without him chattering away at the window and having ballsy blackbirds screeching their alarm calls back in response for hours on end. (It was a constant stand off!). I don’t recall seeing / hearing many others all the time he was alive, but this year I’m seeing about 6 or 7 different bird species a day. Yesterday, there were goldfinches, song thrushes, blackbirds, flycatchers, wrens, doves and a little wagtail outside. I’d still much rather have my boy by my side but it’s nice to see the birds.

Going to have to shoot off, but wishing everyone a good day and hope to catch up properly on posts tomorrow!

Pocket List for Day 17 Wednesday (๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜jump right on the list!)
    @penz
    @litprof
    @gardenlily
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b FD800

Day 17, FD, Scotland

Note to self – do not mix my alcoholic drinks on a school night! Im a tad tender today ahhhh. Roll on bedtime. Same food today as Monday, egg on toast for lunch, budda bowl for dinner. Grit strength after work then bath and early night.

Lets do this Wednesday fasters ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD (ZBC)

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Going to try something different today. It’s a ZBC, but going to have a snack of fruit and nuts instead of a full lunch today. I have a meeting and may be tempted with a snack around 3 pm, but usually not… then an early dinner tonight, being sure I have my veggies with whatever I choose. Tomorrow will be a FD.

Down a pound over last Wednesday, so there’s some progress…

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s WF went fine, although I was quite hungry by evening–that doesn’t always happen–so it was uncomfortable. I endured just fine, however, and am not the least hungry this morning. I always find that fascinating, that I can go to bed so hungry and wake up not at all hungry.

Because I am too smart to be the only thing standing in my way (๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‚), I will have leftover broccoli salad today, a peach, some ooked chicken from the freezer, and one slice of leftover birthday lemon meringue pie. No alcohol. That’s my promise to me and to all of you, and especially you, @penz. I hope your FD has gone well with little struggle today!

On Friday, DH and I are having a small dinner party for two couples who have taken us out many times (they’re friends from a church DH used to serve). I have been troubled at the thought of how I’ll overeat that day (we scheduled this back when I thought I’d be completely in control of what I was eating, and would be down several pounds besides…so much for that hope), but as I’ve been thinking about it, I’m realizing I’ve made such good choices on the menu, that I don’t need to fear the scales on Saturday morning. So now I simply get to look forward to the evening.

Trivia: DUH. Kiwi. DUH, LOL! As to the band? Oops, zero idea there, either!

@michelinme Ahh, those disagreements with moms are so icky, aren’t they? I’m sure you’ll mend all the fences quickly, however, and hope you’re able to get your ten days holiday and feel wonderfully rested after that!

@litprof Yay for you on your loss!! So many of us have discovered that our weight fluctuations are the result of what we ate last week, or even the week before that, and you seem to be further proof of that.

@penz You go right ahead and focus on you; that focus is what gets us all to our goals.

@lilymartin Sympathies to you on your relative being in palliative care (is that what we call hospice?) and on all that food around you. That’s simply tough, no two ways about it. One question I ask myself: will I be glad next week that I ate this today? So for my husband’s leftover lemon meringue pie? You BET I will. For all the smoked almonds I’ve had recently? Nope. They were so very yummy, but I’m not in the least glad I ate them. See what I mean? Perhaps that will help you a bit to face all that food and retain some control/success in what you do and don’t eat.

@linda.b My replacement crown is going to cost me about $400 after insurance has kicked in; we have great insurance, and an HSA (debit card) to pay the balance, that has a very healthy amount in it, and gets added to each month, so we never have to worry about medical expenses, thankfully. How does that compare to Australian prices?

@gardenlily Awww, you have my sympathies that you had a midnight experience. And now it’s over, you’ve dusted yourself off, and you’re back on track today. We all have those trip-ups, and there’s no shame. Regret? Yup. No shame, however. Your food for today sounds lovely!

@daffodil2010 I’d say the fact that your motorcycle trousers are so baggy is solid proof that you’re doing exactly the right thing; congratulations!!!

@funshipfreddie MM’s new book is on the UK Amazon, but it’s truly not on amazon.com; I looked again just now. I’ve seen that before with new cookbooks that @at has mentioned; I imagine books that come out in the US are slower to the UK market. Say, what’s up with finding your place to live?

@babs.b Well done on two successful eating days this week, and you’re right that it’s all water/bulk weight. Keep it up and you’ll be down a few pounds in no time at all.

@northgeorgia Down a pound over last week is always a nice thing.

Okay, much to do and it’s time to quit stalling. Have a grand one, everyone.

And, what I’ve been steadily repeating to myself: “You are much too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Day 17 UK NFD

Gently getting back into a routine , yes Iโ€™m back to pre Paris weight @linda.b but itโ€™s not where I want to be , Iโ€™ve been slowly creeping in the wrong direction most of the year but Iโ€™ve decided NOW is the time to turn things round

No clue on todays question Iโ€™m afraid

As itโ€™s raining โ˜”๏ธHurrah! Iโ€™m off to get a quick 3 miles in with Leslie – I was originally put on to Leslie Sansome by @flourbaby – hope you are doing alright out there

See you on the list tomorrow

Day 17 – FD 800

@stitchincarol It is so true that our weight fluctuations seem to be associated with the well distant behaviors not what we ate yesterday. I think that might be a large part of why weight loss can be such a challenge and mojo is lost. I so wish there were a more proximate correlation.

@ Linda.b your past few trivia questions have had me stumped, but got todays! You are so supportive and responsive to everyone here, so I ask, how are you doing? I hope well, and if your cheerful tone is an indication- I might be correct.

Somehow a mosquito colony (or, possibly one voracious mosquito) has taken up residence in my home. A very unwelcome visitor for sure. Argh.

Pocket List for Day 17 Wednesday (๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜jump right on the list!)
    @penz
    @litprof
    @gardenlily
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b FD800
    @mariaelena

Day 17 Wales TDEE

Busy today doing household chores, just had a refreshing shower and now my mind has wandered into dangerous territoryโ€ฆ..how about a rewarding glass of wine before dinner ๐Ÿค” so here I am, reading posts and reflecting on my resolve!

I have been as focused and disciplined as I am capable of being for the past 16 days but this evening my wine dragon is very noisily clanging her chains. Iโ€™m now trying to reassure her that if she waits until Friday it will taste magnificentโ€ฆโ€ฆand the glass of water I am sipping tastes wonderful. Neither of us is fooled but I might just be the most stubborn ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Back tomorrow to join the Thursday fasters.

Day 18, NFD, Aus

*Phew*, yesterdayโ€™s FD done. And done successfully as a WFD (tho lots of coffee and late night cuppa tea)! How did you go @daffodil2010, @goal10kg, @mariaelena and all the others on the pocket list?

Your comment โ€œDonโ€™t reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.โ€ @linda.b made me laugh, especially after last nightโ€™s dog training where I felt like a conveyor belt of hotdog and cheese pieces to my dog. (She was very good. And absolutely crashed when we got home which is a sure sign of mental exhaustion through all that concentration.)

@gardenlilyโ€™s midnight kitchen raid put me in mind of another tip (tho Iโ€™ve never tried it). Sprinkle Lego pieces over the kitchen floor โ€“ surely thatโ€™s enough to give some one second thoughts of padding towards the fridge for a graze!

Thinking of you and your family @lilymartin โ€“ daily visits, while so important and special, can also be overwhelming and emotionally exhausting. Leave time each day to look after you too.

Day 18 FD country west Australia 85.5 kgs
    thanks for kind thoughts everyone.๐Ÿ™
    Planning certainly helps with this WOL – well for any way of life really!
    Have poached chicken again for dinner and will be working until then followed by hospital visiting.
    @babs_b there must be something in the water this week!!
    Cruella de scales is being nasty again.
    Very constrained day with food yesterday, under TDEE .
    Hopped on the scales this morning keen to see the number and …. had gained 0.6 kg!!๐Ÿ˜ณ
    I know 1-2 kgs daily fluctuation is normal but was still annoyed. However it has only made me more determined.๐Ÿ˜
    As for birds. I had a very early 4.45 am start this morning as DH and DD and DS had to go to Perth for appointments early Thi morning. The maggies ( magpies) have been vocal since about 2 am! Who need an alarm clock when they are warbling and carolling close by…
    @linda_b love your quotes. Will remember that re not being a dog…๐Ÿถ!!
    @funshipfreddie, the drought sounds terrible. I know the stats are awful regarding lack of water in so many parts of the world.
    And yet here we have flood warnings for several of the local roads. And the temp is hovering just above 0ยบCat present with Forecast for a top of 15ยบC. Brrr….
    @daffodil2010, your work situation sound a bit dire. People’s work habits hve certainly change since Covid. A lot of people seem to ‘work’ from homethese days. Not sure of the productivity…….
    Off to earn a $.
    Have a good day all. ๐Ÿ˜

Day 18 โ€“ Thursday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ my FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ yay๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹!

@gardenlily … ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ ha ha! Yep, we all need that gaffer tape sometimes!๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค (definitely around @stitchincarol‘s Lemon Meringue Pie!๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹) Hope the FD800 went well… and DHs doctor appointment๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž. So good you’ve jumped right back onboard๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ with fresh RESOLVE!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช (hey, you’ve made me salivate for an egg salad for lunch, ta!)

@daffodil2010 … hear you about the new ‘Covid’ work environment….. kind of works for some people and some businesses but definitely not for others… and then puts extra load on the ones who actually go into the workplace. Just hang in there dreaming of your annual leave! ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿž๐Ÿ–โ›ฑโ›ฑโ›ฑ Are you taking the whole 4 weeks at once? Heaven on a stick!๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ‘ผ Bliss! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ Music to my ears! ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

@funshipfreddie … you are clever with the trivia! โญ๐ŸŒŸ Tell me, even with all the flooding that RSA had a few months ago, you still have such low water levels in the damns? That is scary๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช.. The whole world’s weather seems to have gone topsy turvy…. Are you getting around exploring your new surroundings, meeting new people?

@babs_b .. that is so frustrating with the up and down on the scales when you know it absolutely is not added fat!๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด Fluid is the malevolent culprit no doubt, lurking in the background and pouncing onto the scales like a puffed-up ninja cat!๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ‘ค๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ‘ค๐Ÿ˜พ.. arrgghhh!

@goal10kg …. too much ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿท… sounded like it was FUN anyway…. life is meant to be fun after all…. now hop back on the train๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚… we’re waiting for you! You are on track to ACE this month!โญ๐ŸŒŸโญ

@northgeorgia… hope the ZBC went well and putting you on the pocketlist for today… you’re back on the train and sticking to a plan, yay! ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚

@stitchincarol – you’ll laugh when you read today’s Thought for the Day! Truly had put this on the list for Day 18 a couple of weeks ago! Anyway, it doesn’t really apply to you as you are having dinner for six…not one! You’ll have to tell us your menu and have us drooling… cooking is definitely your forte! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š

@brightonbelle.. glad you have some rain at last, must be relief from the awful heatwave! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜” Glad you’ve re-tracked to pre-Paris and glad that you’re rockin’ Leslie too… woohoo, you are on the way to remove that recurring 20lbs once and for all!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช…. Just think it’ll be gone probably by, say, end of September??? end of October at the very, very latest because we know you’ll stay on track with this now ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ … WON’T YOU FEEL JUST FABULOUS!!!! Can’t wait for you to cross the line! We’re cheering you on @brightonbelle!๐ŸŒžโญ๐ŸŒžโญ

@mariaelena… mosquitoes๐ŸฆŸ๐ŸฆŸare another malevolent monster๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น … you can’t outrun them๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ…when you have one resident in your home you simply must conduct a search and destroy mission before bedtime otherwise you know it will seek you out in the middle of night. How could just one tiny, tiny little critter be so, so very annoying?๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต
    Thanks for asking @mariaelena. I’m actually doing very well with WOL maintenance, even accidentally dropped below my goal which is a little too far for me. I’m still doing my 2 x FUN DAYS but relaxing now to F800 to maintain. It’s actually much easier for me than I thought it would be. I work from home, so limited temptations! I’ve taken tips from all the maintainers WOLers, including you, and feel very happy with the result. Sadly, still haven’t made inroads on the overflowing wardrobe…. am having big psychological issues with ‘letting go’ of stuff… should treat it just like our FDs ie instigate and FOLLOW A PLAN! .. (it’ll come and I’m not beating myself up about it!.. yet!)

@missybear … who won? you or the dragon? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‰…. You are doing amazingly well, you have had such evident resolve @missybear!! If there was a little bump in the road yesterday… well so be it….. pffff, wave the magic wand ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธand it’s gone! …. just jump back on the train ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ because your destination awaits you. We can’t wait to hear about your big jump โฌ‡ on the scales at the end of the month! Happy days are a’coming ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

@penz…. ha ha ha ha ha! Lego on the floor!!! ouch ouch ouch! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ That’s up there with the gaffer tape @penz! Glad to see you back on track๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ … WFD is a big commitment…woo! all that water๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿšฝ๐Ÿšฝ๐Ÿšฝ.

@lilymartin .. Wonderful that you are able to visit twice a day… time is often the last gift we can give. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™
    On another note…. Cruella de scales is a witch๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿฅด! Ha..begone! pfff… she’s gone๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ! Love your determination…. despite all, you’re onboard and doing it! ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia? Day 17 – Wednesday
    Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings made up which band? The Highwaymen (‘fess up if you had one of their a CDs in a box somewhere?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜)

โญToday’s Trivia? Day 18 – Thursday …. errrr, yuck!๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ณ
    In the early 20th century, what tiny parasite was sold in pill form promising weight loss for anyone brave enough to digest it?
    a) Hookworms
    b) Tapeworms
    c) Nematodes
    d) Cryptosporidum

cheerie dearies

Thought for the Day 18 – Thursday ๐ŸŒžโญ๐ŸŒžโญ (promise this isn’t meant for you @stichincarol!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜)
    Stop having intimate dinners for four โ€“ unless there are three other people.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Pocketlist – Thursday – Day 18
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – CD

Both DH and myself are at lowest since starting this together nearly 4 weeks ago so although slow (for me) it’s so good to see a figure that us not constantly hovering around 166 which it has been for a year!!!

I was so hungry though yesterday, all sorts of dragons, and even after dinner when DH was full I was still hungry. I knew it was just mental, or a dragon, so I had a hot low calorie drink at bedtime, and woke up lighter. Yay.

Yeah the work situation is a bit dire, I don’t think my boss is WFH due to Covid, it’s more having an extra couple of weeks in Portugal…but us poor desk bound staff have zero leadership or direction from her, and I know it’s going to implode soon. I even woke up last night thinking of a particular work thing I must see to, that’s NOT like me. โ˜น๏ธ

@linda.b loving your hosting, you really are inspirational and great for giving us all a boost.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Day 18 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@penz – well done on the successful FD yesterday; me too! Lego pieces on the kitchen floor?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@mariaelena – mosquitoes?! An absolute pain, especially at night. In Durban I used a plug-in mozzie repellent, called ‘Peaceful Sleep’. All year round! Where I am now I’ve yet to spot a mozzie, but I’m sure they’ll arrive as soon as it gets warmer. There’s also a roll-on repellent I sometimes use during the day, but they only seem to attack me in the evening, & almost always my ankles ๐Ÿ˜’

@stitchincarol – I’ll be moving into the garden cottage this time next week, yay! I got a 6 months’ lease. It’s in the same suburb I’m hoping to buy & Boo Boo will be delighted ๐Ÿฑ

@linda.b – re the floods earlier this year, that was mainly in Kwazulu-Natal, north of where I am now. But the water situation in the Eastern Cape, one of the poorest provinces, is also due to mismanagement & deteriorating infrastructure. But, more rain on the way! ๐ŸคžI haven’t ventured too far yet; just been checking out places with a view to eventually buying. Port Elizabeth is known as the windy city, & also the friendly city. I haven’t met that many people yet, but the few I have met certainly live up the the name. Friendly I mean, not windy ๐Ÿ˜œ

@linda.b – I haven’t been so clever with the recent trivia answers. Yesterday’s, I was clueless. And today’s?! Parasite pills?! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I’m not sure I want to know!

Thought for the day:-

“I don’t need a personal trainer.

I need someone to follow me around & slap food out of my hand.” ~ Unknown

Pocketlist โ€“ Thursday โ€“ Day 18 ๐Ÿ’
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. That’s 3 lbs lighter over last Thursday. What you do on NFDs really helps! I wasn’t an angel yesterday – I gained a pound over Wednesday, but it wasn’t my intention to be super-restrictive. I did ZBC, allowed myself some nuts and a banana as a lunch-time snack, ate a little candy treat at a 3:00 meeting, then ate a bit of a naughty supper: some fruits and veg, but there was pizza, spaghetti, and hot chocolate present (that hot chocolate in the summer evening is a weird craving — maybe because I got rid of the ice cream in the house).

Looking forward to a good weigh-in tomorrow.

@lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 Wales FD

I successfully got through last night without a glass of wine. I convinced myself that I would regret it today and promised myself the treat of one of my very favourite wines on Friday. Weird to be negotiating with myself, but it worked.

Today will be an excellent FD!

ay 18 โ€“ Thursday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ my FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ yay๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹! 2nd post….

calling all Pocketlisters ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ฃ where are you???? Drop your name on today’s list..

@lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @missybear

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I’m so proud to report I did exactly what I said I’d do yesterday, and I was astonished to be a smidge down on the scale this morning!!! And that’s after a water fast on Tuesday!!!!! So I’m starting today’s WF at 149.8, which is the first time I’ve done that (started so low) since forever. ๐Ÿ˜‡

@linda.b That quote is truly, truly funny!! Menu is bacon-wrapped shrimp in a curry marinade, grilled, as an appetizer, perhaps outside if the weather and angle of the sun cooperate. Then we’ll sit down to Sous Vide Korean Pork sliders; Basil, Corn, and Cucumber Salad; Crunchy Pea Salad with Bacon and Cashews (made with fresh shelled peas, hence the “crunch”); and Caprese Salad. For dessert, I’m serving an elegant Raspberry Curd Tart, figuring everything is a casual hot summer’s day choice, but I wanted a dessert that screamed “Dinner Party” while fitting in with the flavors already served. I’m hesitant on that Caprese Salad, but ended up with a dozen tomatoes yesterday, so need to do something with them. I’m still toying with Bruschetta, or even leaving them off the menu entirely…we’ll see what I do.

And I’m pleased to report DH ate the rest of his pie, so I had only two pieces altogether, and it’s no longer around to tempt me…WHEW.

I actually have to be out the door in 30 minutes to drive into town and meet a gal driving through on her way to a meeting (follow all that???), so have to scoot. I’ll see you all tomorrow!

@lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol WFD

It sure worked yesterday, so I’m putting this in front of me today: “You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Day 18 – 16:8

Weight 127 this morning, and realizing those last two numbers were reversed last year this time. I really have come far.

@missybear – I negotiate with myself all the time regarding what I will eat. It has been a key to making this work for me. Glad to hear it worked for you!

@stitchincarol I did WF a few times last year and early this year, but I found them very difficult – you amaze me. I believe the research that indicates they are good for health and longevity and should plan some for the autumn season because it has been quite a while for me.

@funshipfreddie So happy for Boo (and you!) that the reconciliation is nigh! I react poorly to mosquito sprays so Iโ€™m glad we have plenty of doors to close when I see that pesky &#*+ – my coordination and lack of 3d vision means I practically never can smash the dang things myself. Having fans around also helps, in my experience (and something I read once) says they donโ€™t like strong air movement and try to avoid it.

@linda.b regarding the wardrobe thinning: I occasionally (think once a week or so) open the closet and look for โ€œjust one thingโ€ (๐Ÿ˜‰) that doesnโ€™t fit, or doesnโ€™t match well with my wardrobe, that I have not worn in forever, or is just not that flattering. Out it goes, then I stop. I find that much easier than tackling the whole closet. Maybe that tip would work for you? And Iโ€™m so with you on finding the 800 days so doable and sustainable. Maintenance takes work and awareness but I do want it to be as easy as possible so it just becomes habit. And Iโ€™m just not even going to think about todayโ€™s trivia – ugh!

Well, got to go get that exercise in, have a good day all!

Day 18 UK FD

Ooh that all sounds delicious @stitchincarol ๐Ÿ˜‹

Good to hear about the move @funshipfreddie Bet Boo Boo canโ€™t wait

Thanks for the encouragement @linda.b Iโ€™m trying to channel my inner Thomas the Tank Engine but I feel Iโ€™m permanently stuck in the sidings . I think I know the answer to todayโ€™s question, and Iโ€™ll never be that desperate

@lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @brightonbelle

Day 18 USA (Illinois) OMAD

Hello to all who follow this wonderful blog! I am very bad not to have posted all month, just got out of the good habit of doing so. Early in the month, we had our summer Choral Society concert (I’m president of the group… lots of particulars to handle) then were gone for a long weekend up into northern Wisconsin with a Car Club we are members of. Sadly, I hit an awful repair ditch where the warning was hardly sufficient, so lost a tire. The car is still up north waiting for the new tire while we drove a rental car home.

I think of you very often, and am doing my normal up and down in maintenance, but staying roughly where I have been for several years.

Might get to read up and encourage you all more in a few days!

Hugs to all.

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – UK Cam – NFD
    Yesterday’s 800 FD went really well – was very proud of myself for refusing to listen to the dragon whispering in my ear last evening – I sat up watching a very silly (but enjoyable) hocum film – Moonfall – and about ‘3/4 way thru’ thought I needed some chocolate – the dragon kept reminding me where the open bar was hidden … I got up, made myself a mug of apple, cinnamon & ginger tea which I sipped slowly and, amazingly, the dragon vanished! Hurrah!!
    Today has been another busy day – started with dog walk with my friend who is going thru a very bad patch with her partner, then some TLC for DH who was feeling grotty with the drugs, grabbed some sliced tomato, olives and rye bread for lunch, and then a quick play date with my GD before rushing back to prepare some dinner – DH not wanting anything much so I did a platter of nibbly stuff – was quite surprised as I piled up my plate with carrot sticks, hummus, apple slices, green salad and a fresh cheese scone with onion relish – then left half coz I felt stuffed!
    @stitchincarol – your meal sounds amazing – can you pop round and fix us up a dinner (when DH is feeling better!)?? We can put you up in that tent that keeps appearing at the bottom of our garden!!!
    @funshipfreddie – do hope Boo Boo likes the new home and that you can quickly find a permanent place. Love the thought of windy locals – but glad they are friendly.
    @MarieElena – that is an amazing journey in a year – well done. Just had a thought, I started at 153 and my goal is 135 – only a short hop skip compared with yours and I still have another 10 lb to go.
    @missybear – love the idea of negotiating with yourself, bottle and glass in hand – would like to be a fly on the wall (but def. not a mosquito!).
    @northgeorgia – yes, totally agree, it’s what we do on the NFDs that really counts. I am keeping my fingers crossed (and mouth firmly closed) as I have the Friday weigh-in tomorrow. I really want to be down a pound on last week.

Today’s trivia – OMG, can’t imagine ANYONE wanting to try any of those – just the thought of it makes me feel queasy. Please, please, please – can we have something nice tomorrow???

Off to find my book, might play on my ‘farming’ game for a bit or do some hand-quilting before bed.

Day 19, TGIF, Aus

I know TGIF is not how one starts a post normally, but in our household Friday nights equals home-made pizza and red wine. We got a delivery of a new Shiraz-Cab this week and I am very much looking forward to sampling it tonight!

I laughed @missybear. I think this WOL is all about daily negotiations with ourself!

I am impressed with the range of your emojis, @linda.b especially the little story they told in relation to my WFD.

Polish that halo, @stitchincarol, well done! Yum, your dinner party menu sounds so delish. If you opt for bruschetta your guests may not have any room for dessert!

Wow, just wow, on those figures @mariaelena. Re mosquitos (and for the group): whatโ€™s worse, the pesky whine or the bite?!

So lovely to hear from you @songbirdme and very sorry to hear about your car accident. Hope to see you more frequently on the forum.

Re the trivia question. I think I know the answer, but I donโ€™t really want to know!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 18 Ohio, US — MFD

Just a quick check-in — the fasting went well today. I had a long telephone call this evening and I’m all talked out right now. More details tomorrow, with any luck! Hope everyone has had great fasting today!

Day 19 AUS NFD

Congratulations @mariaelena for your amazing loss!! That is inspiring.

I had a good FD on Wed and then . . . not a controlled NFD, dammit. But onwards today!

I was to get a bit closer to goal by the end of the weekend, and to develop better habits to stay in maintenance while I’m there.

Beautiful weather here today; hoping to start the weekend a little early. TGIF!!

Day 19 โ€“ Thursday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD) ….and as @penz says TGIF…yay๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿงจ๐Ÿงจโœจโœจ

I apologise for the next para in advance but we probably all know already that I am absolutely SHAMELESS๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ…
    2!!!! 2!!!!! 2!!!!! 2!!!!! 2!!!!!! yaaaaaay!!!!๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡โœจ๐Ÿงจโœจโœจ๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ†
    I was just absolutely bursting at the seams to tell someone!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Ok, ok, don’t spoil my fun, of course I realise a 2 is a fluke… but I’m basking in the glory of it today. ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž (doesn’t take much to make me happy, hey?)
    ….. for anyone scratching their heads out there, it’s WORLDLE! I’ve done it before but it has set me up for an especially sunny day today!๐Ÿ˜

Back to business…. yes, as @penz points out it’s TGIF, so we should look at our week and if we need to do any last minute hacks to measure up to our plans, then we have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get the job done for the week!

@stitchincarol … put another 20 chairs at the table, we’re all coming… we’ll be there at 7.00pm. Congratulations for doing exactly what you promised to your self … and then seeing an instant result on the scales… well done girl! We’re ringing that bell for you ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@daffodil2010.. you too!… lowest in 4 weeks for both you and DH ….slay that dragon โš”๐Ÿ‰ …we’re ringing the bell ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@funshipfreddie …. I laughed all day with your thought of the day.. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ (now added to my list!)
    โ€œI donโ€™t need a personal trainer. I need someone to follow me around & slap food out of my hand.โ€ ~ Unknown

@northgeorgia … hope your Thursday FD went well with NO hurdles!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช Can’t wait to hear about it and for you to see the results ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช we’re with you all the way!

@missybear … Excellent FD??? you rock gal! … and tonight you can have that extra special vino ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท …you’ve got this!….. ringing the bell for you too ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@mariaelena…. you amaze us all…. not just stuck to your plan, losing 50lbs in the last 12 months but MAINTAINED and adopted the WOL with ease! And, then, continued to engage with us all! You are really lighting๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ”ฆ๐Ÿ”ฆ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก the way for us all๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’.. thanks for the wardrobe tip too.

@brightonbelle ….. you’re not stuck in the sidings, just having a breather….. hope Thursday’s FD was a goodie! (reminds me of The Goodies!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ remember them?
    Goodies Goody goody yum yum,
    G you need a helping hand
    O you know weโ€™ll understand
    O weโ€™re with you right to the end
    Everyone needs a friend Goody Goody Goody!๐Ÿ˜‚) ringing the bell for you for recouping after Paris ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ”” and we’re with you all the way @brightonbelle ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

Helloooooooo @songbirdme!๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ … so good when you drop by…. are you still maintaining?? Just gives us all so much inspiration. That accident in the ditch sounded like an arrgghhh moment! ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ณ Also sounds like it will be costly too with having to hire a car to come home etc. Glad you are all ok though๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿค—…. nasty thing to happen!

@gardenlily … another dragon slayer โš”๐Ÿ‰…. and already on the downward scale…. ringing the bell for you too๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ”” mmmmmm! that tea sounds delicious … apple cinnamon, ginger. So supportive of you to give your friend some time to download…. whether your friend will be able to get their relationship back on track or not, it is so good for her to know she has a friend to just simply listen. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™‚โ˜บ

oh @penz…. I’m a little bit jealous! My ex and I used to do the same on TGIF. I haven’t had a homemade pizza since… we were quite inventive with toppings…. a lot of utilizing whatever was in the dungeons of the fridge but also yummy stuff too with vino๐Ÿท๐Ÿท … yep, a red with pizza … heaven ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹. I have a nifty gizmo, MasterPro Ultimate Pizza Oven and it turns out the best pizza in 4 minutes. It heats up to 400 degrees in 10 minutes. Of course, my pizzas are GF (coeliac) and use gluten free Wholemeal Lebanese flat Bread…. yummm… might have to do one tonight for old times’sake which has the added benefit being a thin base so not so much carb!๐Ÿ˜‹ hmmm.. where are those artichokes and pesto hiding??? (and I can put on the anchovies… which he hated! HA! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ…. ringing the bell for you too for the WF…
    woohooo! ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ”” have a great TGIF!โœจ๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†

@matpi… glad to hear your fasting going well… great commitment there…. hope the scales are sliding down tooโฌ‡โฌ‡โฌ‡, of course they are….you’ve definitely got this! … ringing the bell for you too ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@litprof … FD on Wednesday is worth ringing the bell…๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””.. you are so close now….. can’t wait for you to cross that line!

Well, aren’t we all stars?? โญโญโญ If things haven’t been going to plan then there is the added bonus of having three days left this week to implement just one of your strategies….. Remember it’s poco a poco โ€“ little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually … so long as each little step is forward, we will get there in the end. ๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia for Thursday- Day 18 (it was a bit yucky, wasn’t it?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช)

In the early 20th century, what tiny parasite was sold in pill form promising weight loss for anyone brave enough to digest it?
    a)Hookworms, b)Tapeworms, c)Nematodes, d)Cryptosporidum
    TAPEWORMS ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด โ€ฆ. FUN FACT (not!) Maria Callas, was diagnosed with a beef tapeworm due to eating uncooked meat.

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA -Friday – Day 19

Horace Fletcher claimed he lost more than 40 pounds by chewing each mouthful of food 32 to 80 times before swallowing it. His revolutionary approach to weight loss earned him what nickname?
    a) Fletcher the Food Stretcher
    b) Bite and Grind Horace
    c) Jaws
    d) The Great Masticator
    ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”hmmmm?

cheerie dearies
    PS: @stitchincarol, we’ll all be there at 7.00pm๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜

Thought for the Day:๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅฆ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
    You donโ€™t need to eat less, you just need to eat right

Need to catch up, then hop on the Pocketlist for today…. you know you want to..๐Ÿ˜

Pocketlist โ€“ Friday โ€“ Day 19

oops little error up there… it’s actually Friday! should read…
    Day 19 โ€“ Friday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD) โ€ฆ.and as @penz says TGIFโ€ฆyay๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿงจ๐Ÿงจโœจโœจ

Day 19 – UK Cam – NFD
    Morning everyone! Cool 22C here with blue skies and rain soaked garden. PLUS jumped on scales this morning and down a pound to 144 lb – hoorah!! Feeling really good. TGIF – will celebrate with a glass of wine tonight but eating carefully (mindfully?) today. Waiting for TV man to see if ours is fixable, realised it is 15 years old when we dusted off the instruction booklet – I never did find out what that button did ….
    It’s 9.30 am and I’ve walked the dog, showered and breakfasted – probably attack the rogue raspberries on the plot later but looking forward to tea and chat with friend this pm – she’s got serious health issues, mental & physical, so we all rally round and give support – but she is a hoot and we always have a good laugh.
    Well done @linda.b – I thought I was the only one confused by the day/time/month … Still can’t believe that anyone would ingest a tapeworm – uuurrgh. Had to Google today’s trivia, but love the idea of Fletcher the Food Stretcher – sounds like my friend’s dog with his tug toy!
    Ooops, here is the TV van – good luck to everyone on a FD – keep strong and busy – you CAN do it.

Day 19 UK NFD

Entering the danger zone aka the weekend , so back to planning in advance what Iโ€™ll eat and perhaps more importantly drink , itโ€™s not something Iโ€™d want to do long term but I really want to stay on track , all I have to do now is stick to it ๐Ÿ’ช

Love todayโ€™s question @linda.b – all the answers sound plausible ๐Ÿ˜ and yes I do remember the goodies , particularly the kitten on the Post Office Tower

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Matched with my lowest weigh-in of the month back on Aug. 5, and three pounds lighter over last week! The 10-day average is showing a definite curve downwards now. It will be hard the next two weeks with my birthday next week, a major evening event the week after, and Labor Day weekend to finish the period. I just need to remember: a NFD does not equal a feast day, a junk-food free-for-all day, or a snack away day. Those days occasionally happen, but it shouldn’t happen each time I jump off the FDs or OMADs. I’m inching slowly back towards the goose-egg.

Day 19 Wales NFD

TGIF ๐Ÿท
    The promise of a glass or two of vino this evening has kept me on the straight and narrow all week!

I feel I am taking back control, my diet and daily exercise regime has been much improved the past 18 days, although I do feel like a slave to Fitbit. Is it really only day 19โ€ฆ..it feels like I have been measuring and logging food and checking my daily steps for at least 19 weeks! I really donโ€™t like calorie counting but I have promised myself that I will do it for the whole month, so I will. Thank you @stitchincarol for planting that seed.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿ• in moderation ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I was braced for a tough day yesterday, given how relatively little I’d eaten on Wednesday, but it was okay. I honestly don’t know why I’m so consistently successful with WFDs when I have had so little success with moderation of any sort on NFDs, but I’m thankful.

@missybear I’m so pleased for you that your stubbornness was stronger than your dragon! And “Thank you @stitchincarol for planting that seed.” Really? I did? You sure?? I think perhaps it was @at

@lilymartin Serious bummer on that 0.6kg rise on the scale, but I’ll just be it’s gone rapidly, plus more. Cruella can be so very unpredictable, and respond so dramatically to a bit of salt and a load of stress!

@mariaelena You have done so very impressively over the past year. It’s beyond impressive, actually, that you consistently lost, and didn’t get derailed from your determination! Oh, and my suggestion if you do try water fasting again: do it while it’s still really hot, or however hot it is now for you, because getting cold in the evening when it’s in the 80s is far more comfortable than when it’s in the 30s. In the summer, wear my slippers on a WFD while I go barefoot on NFDs; I even had to briefly turn on my electric blanket last night when I went to bed, just to warm me up a bit. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

@songbirdme Oh dear on the car in the ditch! So glad you and DH were fine!

@gardenlily Actually, coming and cooking for you doesn’t appeal to me all that much, because it’s tough to cook in other people’s kitchens. But the thought of you coming to ME??? BY ALL MEANS! YOU’RE ALL WELCOME TO COME! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿคฃ Planning menus and cooking for people is the absolute most fun I have ever, and just imagine the fun we would all have! (But I’ll absolutely accept your invitation to stay in the tent by your garden!)

@penz Being over-full as a result of the bruschetta also worried me, so it’s on the plan for DH and me on Saturday. Well done on a successful WF, and I’m thinking you’re enjoying that pizza and Shiraz-Cab even as I type!

@matpi Nicely done on the successful FD yesterday.

Okay, everyone, I’ll be expecting you all at 7pm tonight; DH and our four guests will be delighted to meet you all! Oh, and dress is casual: DH is wearing shorts and a polo, and I’m wearing a sundress.

Well, lots to do today if the food is to be prepared but the kitchen is to be spotless when they, I mean you, arrive! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿฅฐ

The menu tonight is actually not terribly unfriendly to waistlines, so the real challenge is lunch, the nibbles until they arrive, and the quantity of drinks imbibed. So, to keep me on track: “You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

LOL, and DH suggests we livestream dinner tonight! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Day 19 Second post

Oh! And @linda.b Congratulations on Wordle on the second try!!

Day 19 second post

@stitchincarol the seed I was referring to is your approach to making yourself a promise and keeping it like you would if you had made a promise to a friend ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 19 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

NFDs are a disaster this month. Looking forward to having a proper place to live again & getting back into a sensible routine later next week.

@linda.b – I can just imagine the sheer bliss you felt at getting that Wordle in 2 attempts! ๐Ÿ’ช I wasn’t so lucky, & just made it at attempt 6 ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ Re trivia – I’d say (d) Just a guess, but I think I may have read that somewhere once upon a time..๐Ÿค”

There’s a very entertaining documentary on Netflix – ‘Inside the Mind of a Cat’. Which is actually in the kids’ section, but I really enjoyed it. Fascinating what the Ukrainian sisters trained their cats to do?!

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿท

Day 19 – 16:8

Wow how nice to read everyoneโ€™s supportive messages. What a good boost this morning. Yes, there was a lot of hard work and determination (and thank you) but I am well aware there was a good bit of luck finding a combination of things that my body responds to.

The past few months Iโ€™ve been applying that work and determination to working out – I donโ€™t really see or much feel a difference myself but DH says he does, so Iโ€™m holding on to that.

I do feel weight loss and healthy habits would be so much easier on us if we could see a more immediate correlation to looking and feeling good – the delay (+\-) doesnโ€™t jibe well with mojo.

@stitchincarol – enjoy this evening! I do wish I could show up for your invite๐Ÿ˜‰

@linda.b Nicely done on the Wordle! How fun!

@litprof Our weather is improving slowly too, and I am enjoying every degree cooler. It is hard to believe Iโ€™d be thankful for a high of 99ยฐ but I sure am!

@gardenlily At first I thought โ€˜the TV is 15 yrs old, wow thatโ€™s old,โ€™ then I realized ours is the same age! Time is funny. My DH is more focused on making sure the surround sound in the TV room is perfect than a newer Tv picture with 4k or whatever that is called. We bought a large screen Tv back 15 yrs ago and I remember thinking it was too big – but now, my eyesight less sharp than it was, Iโ€™m sure glad it is so big.

@penz Iโ€™m gonna go with the mosquito bite is far worse than the annoying high pitched whine. But, DH calls me a mosquito magnet for a reason, lol.

Good wishes to all for a fantastic weekend! May you all have high mojo and reasonable temperatures!

Day 19 – Lake District UK –

Hi everybody

Just bimbling along and not really involved very much at the moment, still here and keeping very much to the 5:2 wol. Monday and Thursday Fast Days with the rest of the week just plodding away.
    I don’t find FD’s boring, nor this WOL for that matter, just need to keep a focus on where I am and keep an eye on NOT overindulging on nfd’s.
    Don’t try too hard, just do the basics and it will work.
    Been away this week and still managed to maintain !

Touring Scotland, the best advice I can give is to look for the roads least travelled, we’ve done the 500 years before it was popular, it has now become very busy (still incredibly beautiful, just very busy)
    We avoid the A roads and have just had a week on the B (or unlisted roads) and its been incredibly quiet!

Take care all

Day 20 โ€“ Saturday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD) ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Good afternoon everyone! ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜

Sorry for lateness of this post (bad host, Linda!๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ). My daughter came down so we could go inspect 3 properties together๐Ÿ ๐Ÿก๐Ÿ . So we were off early. Fortunately she loved them all too. So now it’s back to me to make some decisions after I’ve worked out the finances…despite the pressure of the salesperson saying he has other buyers hovering…… but don’t they all say that? Just pushing that FOMO (FEAR OF MISSING OUT) button! ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Nevertheless, I am very methodical and won’t be rushed. If it happens I do miss out, I’ve always thought real estate is a lot like trains…. there’s always another one coming along any minute!

Sounds like everyone is “on a roll” … so keep up the good work over the weekend.๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

I’m very tired with head spinning, so will keep this brief today….

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Day 19 – Friday
    Horace Fletcher claimed he lost more than 40 pounds by chewing each mouthful of food 32 to 80 times before swallowing it. His revolutionary approach to weight loss earned him what nickname?
    a) Fletcher the Food Stretcher
    b) Bite and Grind Horace
    c) Jaws
    d) The Great Masticator
    The Great Masticatorโ€ฆ Horace believed that chewing food until it was completely liquefied, and then spitting out any solid bits was the gateway to thinness. The technique became known as Fletcherizing. Kellogg, the cereal baron, wrote a song about it, โ€œChew Chew Chewโ€๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿคฃ

โญToday’s Trivia – Day 20 – Saturday

In the 1920โ€™s Arctic explorer Vilhjalmur Stefansson was a proponent of which all meat and fat diet?
    a) The Eskimo System
    b) The Inuit Diet
    c) The Whale Blubber Diet
    d) The Arctic Treatment
    hmmmm? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

cheerie dearies

Thought of the Day
    You are what you eatโ€ฆ. No, this does not mean you can eat a skinny person!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

PocketList for Day 20 – Saturday … (feeling left behind and need to catch up??? well jump on the PocketList for a spontaneous FD today… you’ll be so glad you did!๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜)

Day 20 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Got the Wordle in 2 today! ๐Ÿ˜‡

Awful weather again, a cold front sweeping much of the country. So going nowhere, & a good day for a FD.

@linda.b – I’m pretty sure I know the answer to today’s trivia question, having read Andreas Eenfeldt’s book – Low Carb High Fat Food Revolution ๐Ÿค Exciting news re the pending property buy?! But such a big decision; & no, real estate agents aren’t my favourite people right now either ๐Ÿ™„

I’m off to East London tomorrow for a couple of days (the South African one) Close friend celebrating her 60th birthday on Monday. So there will be alcohol & food &… dunno when the next FD will be ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Pocket List for Day 20 โ€“ Saturday โ€ฆ (feeling left behind and need to catch up??? well jump on the Pocket List for a spontaneous FD todayโ€ฆ youโ€™ll be so glad you did!๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜)
    @funshipfreddie

Day 20 UK NFD

Small victory but delighted to have come in under my TDEE yesterday No time to read posts but will catch up tomorrow morning Have a good one all โ˜€๏ธ

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I am filled with PDPS–post dinner party smugness. We all had a grand time, and the food was exactly what I was expecting, and the Korean BBQ sliders were even better than I remembered. https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/sous-vide-korean-bbq-pork-loin/ We did what is suggested in the blog, and went straight to sandwiches–little ones, sliders–with mayo on one soft white bun and the sauce on the other. Glorious.

And, I’m VERY proud to say I resisted all temptations and didn’t pour a glass of anything except for my sparkling water until our guests arrived. That was hard, because I’d been so constantly busy all day that when I was done preparing and ready, I really, really wanted a glass of something. But I didn’t, so kudos to me! My post WF weight yesterday morning was 148.6 and this morning I’m 151.2, so I clearly have lots of bulk in me. I’m faced with LOTS of leftovers–including that glorious raspberry curd tart–so I’m struggling to figure out what I’ll eat today that will satisfy but still be as low calorie and low quantity as possible, in hopes that the scale is a bit lower tomorrow. We’ll see if I succeed?

@missybear Ahh, that touched my heart. I actually read your post yesterday when I was doing my best to resist making a margarita, and it was your post that strengthened me enough to instead pop open another sparkling water (calories: 7), so the thanks go right back to you!

I’ve read all the posts and smiled at all the quips and comments, but am quite sleepy as I woke up at 4:30 this morning, so my brain fog has left me with nothing to say… a rare thing for me, as you all know! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

So I’ll quit typing for now, and wish you all a good day or a good evening, depending on where you are in the world and when you’re reading this.

I didn’t think of this one time yesterday, but will do my best to hold it front of me today: “You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Pocket List for Day 20 โ€“ Saturday โ€ฆ (feeling left behind and need to catch up??? well jump on the Pocket List for a spontaneous FD todayโ€ฆ youโ€™ll be so glad you did!๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜)
    @funshipfreddie

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Same weight as last Saturday, but overall, the trend was about a pound lighter over the previous week. I might have weighed in a bit lighter today, but I didn’t sleep well last night, and that huge Mexican restaurant meal last night might have had something else to do with it LOL

Tomorrow’s another FD.

Day 21 AUS FD800

Itโ€™s a cool grey day here – I am really ready for spring and warm weather!

Today I did some wardrobe purging, and nice to see that all of my clothes fit again! Also, I do not need to buy anything for a very long time.

Currently stuffed on todayโ€™s brunch: Iโ€™ve been enjoying green shakshuka as a yummy weekend lunch lately, itโ€™s basically a bunch of sautรฉed green things, then you make a well in the middle and poach an egg. Iโ€™ve been using mostly spinach for mine to up my iron intake. Itโ€™s so yummy and filling, and low calorie too. Perfect!

Iโ€™ve decided to add in more strength training and toning to my exercise routine, so am spending a lazy afternoon working out how to rearrange my deck-gym space and devising a new program for myself.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 21 – UK Cam – NFD
    Having a good, quiet weekend – DH a bit spaced out on his new drugs to kill bugs (ha ha) so easy to plan meals and enjoying sunshine and cool breezes without being baked. Built a weird construction on my plot to store useful ‘junk’ and double up as water collection device – involved stack of wooden pallets, a large sheet of reinforced plastic (from a boat cover) lots of staples, string, recycled guttering and some swearing. BUT it works, looks weird but does the job. All I need now is rain … I have plenty of useful junk!
    DGD (dearest grand-daughter = new acronym?) introduced me to S’mores – thought I’d died and gone to heaven – these were home-made, and divine but probably very very bad for me. On the positive side, I only had 1. Other than that, I have been very mindful of food intake and kept the dragon at bay with an apple each evening which I am sure is better than ‘fridge grazing’.
    @stitchincarol – so pleased to hear the dinner party went well. Sorry I couldn’t make it – the teleporter was playing up!
    @i-hate-lettuce – We love the west coast of Scotland, and agree, the smaller roads are much less busy and the beaches amazing.
    @litprof – love the sound of your brunch – might give it a try as I have some spinach that needs using. My Tree Spinach plant keeled over (I think a plump pigeon landed on it) so I cut all the smaller leaves off to eat – they taste great mixed with ordinary spinach and add a little kick.
    @funshipfreddie – I have never tried Wordle, heard about it but never tried it. Will give it a go, I love word games. Sorry to hear about the rain – I also hear that NZ is badly hit by flooding. Hope you keep dry and safe.
    Off to read Sunday papers, take dog for lazy amble in woods, and do some hand-quilting on an Advent Calendar (gotta start early!) for my great-niece.
    Have a great Sunday everyone

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

FD went as planned. The rain has finally stopped, so leaving for Gonubie just now. About a 4 hour drive, I think ๐Ÿฅด๏ธ

@gardenlily – if you love word games, you’ll be hooked on Wordle. S’mores – I love those too, but never seen them in SA.

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday y’all

Pocket List – Day 21 ๐Ÿ“
    @northgeorgia
    @litprof

Day 21 โ€“ Sunday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD) ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

oh @funshipfreddie! …. WORDLE in 2!!! Woohooo, you rock!! Funny how such a little feat can put a smile across our faces!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฉ Hope Saturday’s FD went according to plan. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Go celebrate that milestone with your friend ‘coz the FDs can wait. Your little jaunt sounds like it’s going to be fun and we can’t wait to hear all about it on your return. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿท๐Ÿท

@brightonbelle… small victories turn into BIG victories. Coming in under your TDEE is definitely a winner! ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ

@stitchincarol… sorry we all couldn’t make it… as @gardenlily said… the teleporter wasn’t working!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚ Next time, hey? Nevertheless glad to hear it was a BIG success and your PDPSโ€“post dinner party smugness is glowing๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽˆ Very impressed too with your renewed self-control (ie not having a margarita๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ) prior to the dinner party.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ Hmmmm?? what to do with the leftover glorious raspberry curd tart, hmmmm??? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” EAT IT to get rid of the evidence and then do penance next week, BIG TIME. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ or freeze it for Christmas when you’ve reached your goal.๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ … decisions, decisions, decisions????๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช

@northgeorgia … huge Mexican meal last night????? hmmmm??? Oh dear, might have to make a plan to offset that this coming week with only 10 days to go for this month? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”. You’ll have to be strong!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช NFDs are definitely the problem, hey? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

@litprof… yes, I can’t wait for spring too… only 10 days to go! Did you say you are in Qld too, Sunny Coast? ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž I’ve never had a green shakshuka…. you make it sound so tasty and looking at the ingredients it’s very healthy especially to help with boosting the iron levels.. . I’m putting this on my recipe list. Your exercise training with more resistance work is inspiring too. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

@gardenlily.๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ.. had to smile about your new water collector ‘device’…. very inventive…. and works too! Now ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคžfor the rain coming your way!โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”. About that Tree Spinach … I’ve never heard of it so looked it up and found it here in Australia too. From the internet photos, I’m sure I’ve seen it around…but didn’t know you could eat it. Very interesting. Re WORDLE, if you like word games you’ll soon be addicted as well. Nice thing about it though is that it is a controlled addiction ๐Ÿ˜‚ as you can only do one game per day. I also do GLOBLE, also a one game per day game about locating a mystery country on the world map. @stitchincarol does some others as well. Keeps the brain agile! ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ณ

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Saturday – Day 20
    In 1920โ€™s Arctic explorer Vilhjalmur Stefansson was a proponent of which all meat and fat diet?
    a) The Eskimo System
    b) The Inuit Diet
    c) The Whale Blubber Diet
    d) The Arctic Treatment
    The Inuit Diet. During his expeditions in the Arctic, he tested his controversial theories on diet and survival following the Eskimo ways of only eating caribou, raw fish and whale blubber. (Yep, that’d stop you from overeating?๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช )

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA – Sunday – Day 21
    Who was the first woman pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic? ๐Ÿ›ฉ๐Ÿ›ฉ๐Ÿ›ฉ๐Ÿ›ฉ๐Ÿ›ฉ

cheerie dearies

Thought for the Day Sunday – Day 21:
    Going the wrong way?๐Ÿ›‘ No drama. Just make a U-turnโ†ชโ†ชโ†ชโ†ช and head back in the right direction.

(last chance this week to catch up if you need it! You can jump on the Pocket List for a spontaneous FD todayโ€ฆ youโ€™ll be so glad you did!๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜)
    Pocket List for Day 21 โ€“ Sundayโ€ฆ

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. It’s Sunday reflection time on this WFD, so bear with me.

Since Nov. 2 (Nov. 1, I weighed 222, so I’ll start my thoughts the day after), I have consistently weighed between 207 and 220, averaging 214 lbs. It is a never-ending plateau eeeeeeek! The frequency of the weigh-ins are:

220: 5 times.
    219: 9 times.
    218: 18 times.
    217: 29 times.
    216: 37 times.
    215: 42 times.
    214: 48 times.
    213: 36 times.
    212: 24 times.
    211: 18 times.
    210: 18 times.
    209: 6 times.
    208: 1 time.
    207: 1 time.

For August, I’m trending in the higher middle range:
    218: 1 time.
    217: 4 times.
    216: 3 times.
    215: 5 times.
    214: 4 times.
    213: 3 times.
    212: 1 time.

It is of note that in March (the last time I met my goal and my low weight for the year), on the Sunday just ten days before hitting 207 lbs, I weighed 218 lbs, and I’m 217 lbs today. So all things are possible! Also of note, I only managed to hit below 210 (209 lbs) twice again that month after the 207 weigh-in. Then once in April (209). Then twice in June (208 and 209).

NFDs are a problem, but I need to dig deeper. I’ve noticed I’ve started wearing the same pieces of clothing constantly, I’m neglecting the garden/yard a bit more, and don’t do as much cleaning as I used to. I don’t take pictures of myself showing the weight-loss journey because I know I’ve gained a couple of pounds back. I feel stressed at work and I’m not sure how to motivate my staff in the way I did before. I find myself worried about my parents’ health and my brother’s kids and his relationship.

My resolution: sort myself out and cheer up a bit. Take a picture of reality. So what if I’m 217 today? That’s great! If I hadn’t found 5:2, the trend indicates I would have been 307 lbs today instead. So, I’m going to start posting photos of myself again to my photo log journey spreadsheet so I can feel motivated. I’ll wear something different at home and at work. I’ll straighten the house up a bit and do some weeding outside. I’ll enjoy more time with others. Whew, I’m exhausted thinking about all that — ok, maybe start out with one or two of those things at first LOL! With that in mind, I’ll be careful what I do with food. I must have guzzled a half liter of soft drink at the Mexican restaurant the other night. My late night hot chocolate cravings have got to stop being a nightly NFD affair. I need to cook again, and not forage on carbs in the refrigerator on those NFDs.

The next two weeks will be tough. Wednesday is my day off and my birthday, so no fasting that day — but I don’t have to go crazy all day long either. There’s a huge event at work next week and Labor Day the weekend after that. Just got to get a handle on NFDs and think about foods that satisfy and nourish rather than junk that just irritates me and makes me feel groggy in a few hours.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 21 ๐Ÿ“
    @northgeorgia
    @litprof

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 342 total)

You must be logged in to reply.