After Almost Two Years

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chasman 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• My wife and I have been on 5/2 for almost two years. In three months, I lost 13 lbs, four waist inches and gone from a L shirt to M. I have walked regularly for the last 25 years rather than run after a trail incident and do some weight exercises but not often. My experience on the program has been very positive. As I love both food and drink, fasting two days a week allows me to recover from my occasional excess while at the same time to enjoy my “sins.” I admit to waking up following some fast days and running to have a croissant with my coffee or of thinking about what I’m going to eat when I get up. There is also a great deal of satisfaction at the end of a fast day knowing that I’ve not “sinned” with alcohol or food and looking forward to going to bed early so I can enjoy the next day of normality. My A1C level went down almost a full point to below 6 and I’ve not started diabetic medication that was recommended two years ago by my doctor (and my doc says only to continue what I’m doing). About a year and a half in I went to one fast day a week and have been able to maintain my weight level but I occasionally have to return to twice a week after a period of holiday excess. We plan to stay on the 5/2 as long as we can.

Hi Chasman

thank you so much for sharing your very inspirational post with us!! i always love to read about success stories and yours is on of those and more!!
    well done to both of you, what fantastic results, i admit i failed to continue with fasting after about 9 months or so but today i am back and so far the fast has gone ok.

I am going to remind myself of your story and carry on as long as i can too, i dont have huge amounts to loose but one stone would be perfect 🙂

Keep going, take care and happy fasting!! 🙂

Hi Chasman, thanks for sharing the two year report. I’ve been doing 5:2 since the beginning of April and will soon be switching to 6:1 as I am close to my target weight. Like you, there will be weeks where I’ll switch back to 5:2 due to excessive consumption, but if I manage to simply not over eat at most meals, the 6:1 should probably do it for maintaining.

Today is my first Fast day this week, next is on Thursday. So far so good today!

Weight been moving up on 6/1 with heavy holiday/spring break/relatives everywhere schedule but looking forward to no visitors and disciplined behavior to get back to flat stomach and not thinking about what I’m going to wear. Have learned, after repeated experiments, that craft breweries are places to be visited infrequently. . .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.