Africa Fat Challenge – Inspiration & Motivation.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Africa Fat Challenge – Inspiration & Motivation.

This topic contains 271 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  DragonMama 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 251 through 272 (of 272 total)

• Hey guys,

I saw Apricot posted http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/ketogenic-diet-plan.html for more information about ketosis/the ketogenic diet.

I created a similar article that is more thorough and up to date: http://www.lifehackersguide.com/ketogenic-diet/

Hope it helps!
    Harrison

hello Harrison

Very good article about ketogenic diet!

I do Lowcarb makes about two years, I adapted well, the fast is infinitely easier for those who do not consume carbohydrates.

A big hug – Brazil

Good Day,

Thank you for keeping this Forum alive and Welcome to all that I have not met before. On the 10th of April I was on my goal weight and kept to maintenance, but then Winter stepped in and it went quite well for some time, but now I am back as the scales told me I am 2kg up and 3cm all round, except on my neck, and I have new goal weight, which I hope to obtain in not a very long time.

I still have to read quite a lot of your posts here, I could not get onto the internet as I had a virus on my laptop as this website wont work on my phone all of a sudden? So I hope to hear a lot about everybody here.

Have a great day.

Good Morning,

Hello Apricot, I am so glad that you are still here and doing great. Welcome Anaide, Hope you are doing great.

I am 1 kg down and about 1 cm hips and waist, nothing further.

See you again soon and hope to hear from you in the meantime.

Good day everybody, how about a Spring- Back to the scales- want my swimsuit body back! I would love to hear from you and your ideas about that.

I still have to shed the 2 kg and got the website working on my phone, so I will try to post more regular now.

Tomorrow I shall begin again with a FD. And a controlled Non Fd.

Hope to let go of the wine!!

Lipon khan

Very good article about ketogenic diet!

Well I have attempted another and hopefully a more successful fast diet.

African Cichlids

Good Day,
    I am sorry that I have not attracted people from South Africa to this Forum. It seems to me that we are becoming the Country with the most Obese and simply Fat women?

Today must be a Fast day for me. Saturday Fast went well so today is my absolute “I just Have to do it day” to get back into the system of the 5;2.

Good Day, On the 1st November 2015 I joined this Forum and lost 9 kg by May 2016. Over the winter months I gained 2 kg and am not happy with myself over that. I have tried to get back on the 5:2 diet but it seemed just nothing happens… I lose 1kg and gain it back in a day or 2.. Truth is I am unhappy… My daughter of 40 is pregnant and I cannot get to her. We live too far away. She is struggling with her health, works long hours and stress too much. Lots more but I’m feeling stifled and held back by circumstance. In Afrikaans we have a good description for that feeling and directly translated its: I feel Pushed into a Can! Oh well, I can just hope and pray that all will come right for her.

It is not summer yet, but it feels as though it is here already with a vengeance!! We are experiencing temperatures of over 35 and 40 degrees already. The rain we had is long gone and the grass is already grey. Fortunately we have a reserve watertank from where we water plants.

I hope that you all are having a great day and I am again trying to loose that 2kg and hopefully 2 more. I just have to get into the spell again.

Hi Dragonmama!!! I have found my way back to this WOE and your forum after so many months away. I am glad to find you here but sorry to hear about your difficulties right now. I hope all will be well with your daughter.
    As far as the 2 kg weight gain – psshhh, come on girlfriend,you know you can get that off in a few short weeks, easy peasy. Just crawl out of that can, look at your record last year and I know you will find your resolve again.

Hi inittothinit, Lovely to hear from you again, I really missed the contact. Yes and I am still struggling with the 2kg and today is a Fast Day. I started again on the 31st of Oct, and had quite good Fast days but that weight is sitting tight.

Please tell me about yourself and what happened to you in the months that we had no news.

My daughter is Ok just very stressed and now has a rash which look like chicken pox, but on Arms mostly, Dr said its not Cpox and rather an alergic reaction. The stuff he gave is not helping. She feels as though every thing weird is attacking her and we all know its because of the stress. Only 2 mths to go, so we just hope the babe will be an easy one.

Hope you have a fabulous day.

Hi Dragonmama, will this be your first grandchild? It’s a very exciting time.
    I stopped 5:2 last spring after a skiing fall where I herniated 3 lumbar discs, so painful! A few weeks after that had another fall and broke 2 ribs. Wow- really was feeling sore and sorry for myself as I was unable to do any exercise without provoking the back pain. Then we sold our house and moved into our dream house on a small acreage. It was exciting, but so stressful as I really couldn’t do much packing, cleaning unpacking without aggravating my injuries. I did keep on working though throughout, and snacking, comforting myself with sweets etc.
    So now I find myself finally feeling a bit better pain wise and wanting to correct all the damage I have done weightwise over the last 6 months. 15 lbs heavier than I was when I stopped last spring=shocking!!!!
    I restarted Nov 1st -already 8 lbs off. Rate of loss will slow down now. Hoping to get the remaining 7 off by the end of the year. I’ll be fasting tomorrow again.

Good morning Inittothinit, no it is her 2nd babygirl the other one is nearly 8yrs. And I have a boy in texas who Is my son’s and he is nou 12yrs.
    I am sorry about your accidents, but glad that you are feeling better. You know many years ago I had back problems and when it was better, a very good dr told me to not worry about “getting fit” excersizes but only to strengthen my tummy mUscles, as that will help my back a lot. Also he said lie on your back, and bring your knees to your chest, if that is easy you try and take your knees as far as next to your head on the floor and keep that position as long as 5 to 10 min. He said that stretches your back sinues and muscLes and make it more pliable and stronger.

I still do that from time to time and “touch wood” had no more of the same back problems.

So we have about the same amount of lbs to loose, and can keep tabs. Yesterday it should have been a Fd but I was upset during the afternoon, so I had a small plate of food with mash, which was the only ‘bad’ which took me totally over the edge. So I shall try another day.

We had some rain which is very welcome and needed and being cooped up inside is not great for me on Fd’s.

Good luck with your FD today! Hope you have a Lovely day!

Also congrats on losing the 8lbs so quickly!! Its fantastic for a new start and you must be feeling So good!! I am very glad for you!!!

Yes, pleased to start with fast loss.
    I do like that stretch you described, but haven’t attempted it since my teens. I have been using an inversion table which tractions the vertebrae apart and gives a lot of relief. Will try your stretch and see if I can get my knees past my big (but shrinking) belly😅
    What is”mash”?

Hi, you are funny!! Mash is cooked potato with butter and milk added and made fine/ Mashed potato!!

Good luck with the excersizes. Have a great day!

Hey all, how is it going? I find it takes me 3 fast days to lose 1 lb. How many fast days for you to lose 1lb?

Good Morning Inittothinit, this time it’s taking forever, and I am not losing, it is as though my heart is not in it. I am sitting on 70kg and so want to lose that 2kg. My Fast days is also hectic as it goes well until up to a certain time, then it gets blown away.

I think it might be better to just relax and not to fret or stress about it so much.

I hope your day will be quite enjoyable. We are going for a visit to a friend who is a farmer. It is always nice there and I know we shall enjoy the day.

And tomorrow, we shall Fast!!!

Hi DM, i’m fasting today too. Stay strong!

Good day Inittothinit, good luck to you, my day has gone haywire so I shall have a low cal day. Try again tomorrow.

Good Evening, I do hope to wake up this page again and hope to hear from everybody again.

I am currently in Johannesburg and my daughter’s little girl was born, Monday the 16th. 3.2 Kg and healthy. She sleeps quite good. 3-4 hours from 1 feed to the next. Cries very seldom only when bathed and as soon as one hold her hands. She quiet down. We are truly blessed.

I do hope that I shall be less stressed from noW on and can continue again to get the weight back Off!!

Looking forward to hear from you.

Good morning,
    Sorry I stayed away so long just could not get back to 5:2 and the Maitenaince page haunted me. I was at my daughter’s for 7 weeks and my heart broke when I left that was a day that I really hated to come home. But other half was so glad and happy that made it better. The new baby don’t cry so is so good just yells out when she need to feed too cute for words and she has The biggest eyes. When we took her for her 6 week shots she cried so hard, we all cried, I tell you it was heart rendering!!
    Any case my weight was down to 68kg and that was a big plus. But there was no diets there. We ate when there was food and we had some wine occasionally. I was kept very busy from 5.45 am to about 8pm.

I was back on wine every evening with cooking and gained 2.7 kg. Woke a morning with pain in left breast, dr sent me for scan and plastic surgeon removed leaking 33 year old breast implants. I am nou 17 days past the op and felling good this morning. Had no wine for 22 days and back on 69kg. Had No fast days and no hungry days. Other half feeds me big meals and see that I eat it all and I am happy with weight. Cannot do excersices just walk slowly. FroM after Monday coming I may do more and will take my weight seriously again.

I do hope that you all are doing great and I shall appreciate to hear from you. And what you all did in time passed.

Have a great day, and if you sre Fasting a special good luck!!

Viewing 22 posts - 251 through 272 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.