advice about food on fast days pls

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian OBlivion 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I was wondering if what I’m doing on my fast days is ok – I eat one meal in the evening about 8 or 9pm on my fast days as I find it easier to do that. My meal generally consists of something like a small piece of baked salmon (e.g. 115g), some steamed broccoli & steamed green beans (maybe 250g), roasted cherry tomatoes and roasted pepper. However, this meal looks really big on a plate even though it is under the 600 calorie limit for me (as calculated by myfitnesspal). It doesn’t really feel like fasting and it doesn’t look anything like the pictures on various fast day recipes (which all seem much, much smaller). Admittedly, there are no carbs on that plate which allows me to load way more veg on, but is this really in the spirit of fasting?

Hi Brian,
    Your plate sounds exactly like mine. I’ve found it the most satisfying and easiest way to fast. I vary the protein. Last night I had a small piece of steak. So far I’ve had great success having reached my goal in 6 months.

Thanks for the reply – I’ve had success as well after a couple of months of doing it and I feel like I’m able to stick to it – and also don’t feel guilty if I do slip up on non fast days.
    I just wondered if the other health benefits proposed to be associated with fasting require less food on fast days. In any case, it’s working for me so far so I’m really pleased.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.