ADF with 16:8 with 20:4

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello everyone!!
    I’ve been experimenting with intermittent fasting for a few weeks and have found the results to be better once I customized this plan to my life!
    I think I’ve finally settled on fasting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday–saving all calories for one meal at dinner to maximize fasting time. On non fast days I follow 16:8. And on Sunday I do 20:4 ( basically waiting till dinner to eat but not giving myself a calorie restriction). So far this all has been working great along with 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week.
    Anyone else customized IF or have any success stories?

To me it sounds like you’re actually doing 4:3 but I’m confused as to what you mean by 16:8 and 20:4.

I keep it simple and do ADF with up to 100 calories on fast days while eating what I like on feed days.

It’s working a treat so far.

Hey!
    16:8 and 20:4 describe hours fasting vs hours eating. So the first number is how long you fast and the second number is your eating window. I do it to get the fasting benefits even on my non fast days.
    Yes I’m kind of doing 4:3 except I do also fast on Sunday but I give myself a bigger leeway on calories because hey, it is the weekend haha!
    I’m glad your method is working! Maybe I can gradually get down to 100 calories on fast day but right now I really enjoy the 500

Hi Kayla,
    If you read some of the threads you’ll see that there are a huge number of people customising the basic principle of 5:2 and that is why it is so successful because we can all adapt it to our individual lifestyle. You seem to have worked out what is good for you, long may it continue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.