Adf typical weight loss

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Adf typical weight loss

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’ve being doing the 4.3 diet but gonna start alternative day fasting eating 550 on fast days and 1700 on normal days and adding Hiit workouts each day.
    What is the typical weight loss each week?

The average weight loss on 5:2 that this site reports is about 1 pound, or just under half a kilo, per week. Alternate day fasting should theoretically increase this to about three quarters of a kilo a week, on average. And that has been consistent with my experience over the first 16 weeks on adf.

While exercise alone may not have a great impact on weight, possibly due to increase in appetite, exercise combined with adf, in at least one study, had been found to be substantially more effective in reducing weight than adf alone – I assume this is because the increased hunger associated with the exercise is taken out of play as a conflicting factor by the adf fasting.

We’re all different, but I’m guessing you might lose just over a kilo per week on average on your plan.

HANNAH12315 – you might want to track down Dr Krista Varady’s alternate day research. I think her results indicated an average weight loss of 1kg per week.

I tried alternate day fasting a while ago, but I found that I often binged on the non-fast days, so it pretty much cancelled out any benefit from the fast days. So I’m now trying 5:2 and having more luck with it. Still occasional binges, but not enough to stop my weight decreasing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.