A slow start!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, I am new to the diet – just completed my 4th fast day ever and feeling quite proud! I am a bit disappointed to have lost a couple of pounds only so far and just wondered if anyone else got off to a slow start but then found that things sped up a little? I know I have to be patient and I know that slower weight loss is likely to be more permanent but … I just want to see the scales change. Now! And dramatically!

Thanks.

Cloudmonkeys

Hi cloud and welcome:

The average weight loss for both men and women combined on 5:2 over time is about a pound a week – women lose at a slower rate than men.

So you are right on track!

Here are some other tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the reply. I am furious at the moment. I have lost two pounds in total since the start, and for the last couple of weeks I have been doing 4:3. I am totally disheartened. It feels like it is just not going to work for me, even though I have been careful not to overindulge on my ‘normal’ days. I am close to quitting – please help!!

Hi cloudmonkeys:

If you read any of the thread I posted, you should have the basics, particularly number 2.

If you have, then we have to look at how many calories you are eating. Are you counting calories, or estimating? Most people that estimate come in almost 50% below what they are really eating. Do you eat a lot of carbs? That leads to water weight and eating more calories. Have you just started to exercise? That leads to water retention and no or slow weight loss.

I guess we need some more information to help.

Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.