A newbie to 5:2 – would be delighted to receive some encouragement

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
A newbie to 5:2 – would be delighted to receive some encouragement

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FarToGo 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• 1st day today and nearly through my 1st fast day. Planned my food yesterday and that worked well for me. I have just done two weeks on Keto and lost 10lb but I find it to inflexible (lost 2.5 stone on Keto last year but I put it back on and some).
    Have a big wedding to attend in July and want to have lost a further 1.5 stone by then. Is it do-able and any tips?
    Probably need to lose 5 stone in total and desperate to do so as nothing fits anymore, hard to drag my carcass around and sadly it is affecting my confidence.
    Any thoughts on exercise – with being so overweight I find it hard to get the energy up to do anything.
    I love forums like this as i know it will keep me motivated and I will feel less alone in my quest for an eye popping figure☺️

You can definitely lose weight on the 5:2/Fast Diet, FarToGo.
    Hints: eat protein for breakfast, since it keeps you full longer. Eat lots of vegetables and fruit, but stay within your 500-600 calorie limit. When you feel hungry, drink a glass of water or have a cup of tea — thirst, boredom, and anxiety all masquerade as ‘hunger’ so don’t give in to it.
    You can expect to lose 1- 1.5 pounds per week. Part of how much you lose depends on what you eat on Slow Days [non-fasting] If you can reduce that by even as few as 200 calories/day, you will lose weight faster. Also, reduce the simple carbs you eat.
    For exercise, do the simple things — take the stairs; park farther away; go for a stroll at lunch time on Fast Days; hold a 16-oz can of vegetables in each hand and ‘work out’ as if they were dumbbells.
    My husband lost 45 pounds in 4 months on the Fast Diet, so I recommend it.
    Good luck.

Hi @fasting_me

Many thanks for dropping me a line and for the tips. Wow! Your husband did amazing and he must have been delighted – did he do a lot of exercise too?
    I am struggling to get going with the exercise but maybe a bit more like that when I am carrying less weight.
    On my 2nd fast today and so far so good.
    I am trying to do low carb too and so your suggestion of a high protein breakfast will work very well.

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.