A Month until Christmas

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  let_it_be 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• It’s just over a month until Christmas, I have a final 6lbs to loose. I’m determined to hit my target before the big day. I know diets often go out of the window in December, so those of us trying to stick to the task need extra encouragement.

PS I’m doing 2 days a week fasts and Jillian Michaels’ 30 day shred.

Ohenry congrats on getting down to your last 6 lbs.! How is the 30 day shred workout? I have heard that Jillian’s workouts are tough but effective.

They are tough, but short and easy to fit into your day. Also you can try the first two levels out on Youtube for free, to see if you like it. You’ll see the difference pretty quickly. Are you on 5:2 at the moment Yvonne B?

I actually started on 5:2 the week just before Christmas last year. I don’t know where that resolve came from but once it was in gear I didn’t find it difficult in the least even though I’m the one who does all the holiday shopping and cooking in my family.

We’re having Thanksgiving in the States tomorrow. I’ve been doing 2 days of advance prep cooking through my FDs on Mon and Tues. Today I’ll have my basic salad for lunch and salmon and veggies for dinner and I actually look forward to doing that on T-day too as it has become a way to be freed from the tyranny of food cravings.

Let everyone else enjoy T-day in their way! I’ll celebrate it in mine being thankful to be liberated from cravings, feeling so much better and looking better too!

Get your head together first. Focus on whatever your motivator is. Get whatever is your pattern of intermittent fasting well established — there’s still enough time! — then let that habit carry you through.

Ohenry – thanks for the Youtube tip I will check it out! Yes I am currently doing 5:2.
    LA Chubster – good thinking and congrats on achieving your goals. Unlike you, I will be feasting tomorrow but getting on track Friday. It’s great that you have determined to eat a healthy meal.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US.

We don’t have it here in the UK, but it just means Christmas overeating starts earlier.

Oh! Sorry to say that I haven’t gotten even close to my goal yet. I suspect I’ll be at this another year before I get to maintenance!

But I have established a pattern that works for me and even survived a long divergence during which I gained (and re-lost, I’m happy to say) 20 pounds! I’ve got a long way to go but I’ve also got tools and the very clear assessment that everything in my life works better when I give my body that little 2 day vacation from food. 😉

Ohenry it is hard to resist all of the candies and baked goods around Christmas time, but we can do it! You are so close to maintenance with only 6 lbs. to go, and perhaps you won’t want as many goodies since you’ve been fasting. I will be checking out the Youtube videos of 30 day shred tomorrow. Do you do this on your fast days? Tomorrow will be a fast day for me.

LA Chubster I Love Your mindset! It’s very encouraging and the 20 lbs. loss is a great milestone, I look forward to the day when I can say the same.

40 pounds since I started almost a year ago. 60 if you want to count the 20 I’ve lost TWICE! 😆 And 40 more to go!

Hi everyone, new here!

Congrats on all the weight loss everyone!

I am starting on Monday – plan on fasting Mondays and Tuesdays. I am doing back to back fasting because I know it will work better for me that way. About 3 years ago I started 5:2 and only lasted a month because I did non-consecutive fasting days and eventually I never got around to my second fast day! But I lost 7 lbs. painlessly that month – proof that 5:2 works.

I am so glad I have a head start going into the new year.

Pleased to meet you all!

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving to those of us in the U.S.!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.